Good job on ghostly outfit

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

I have to said good job for anet disgen team on that outfit , keep up the good job and more outfits like that one

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I like the grasping black spectral hands coming out of the ground when you stand still.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Henke.6379

Henke.6379

is that sarcasm because of all the crashes from that outfit?

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Unfortunately, I have to disagree. According to Dulfy’s video and screenshots, Sylvari and Human females have clipping at the legs during the idle animations while wearing this Outfit. Maybe other races too, I’m not sure. I’m sick of long skirts and trenchcoats. Forever waiting for tight pants with no clipping issues… -sighs-

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I really wish they would release armor sets instead of outfits

aka. “The Complainer”

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

Its an Outfit.
Its like a great house, with a beautiful front, more than enough rooms, good light and an awesome kitchen. Its all amazing until you notice there is no bathroom.
Pass.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I do really like the overall look of it, but won’t buy it. I’d rather have the helm be separate and the grasping hands as an infusion. Those I would buy.

So I agree, good job on the effects design. I just want more customization.

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

I like the outfit as well and almost bought it. I saw a close-up screenshot of a character’s face with helm turned off, and didn’t like the tendrils of the scarf going up the face. If only we could turn outfit shoulders off…

I could easily do without the grasping hand effect as well. I think it might annoy me after a while. I wish the effect had been separate or could be turned off.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

I usually never check the cash shop for outfits because I have my thief armor set put together and I use it from now to forever. But then I saw it and fell in love with it immediately.

Not sure why exactly. I can not dye it (oh god, the awesomeness would peak if it would be dyable), it works great as thief (and even better as Necromancer) for immersion reasons and remembers me of Final Fantasy type of design. The boots, the collar, the grasping hands, the visual effect. I think it’s worth the price!

This is exactly the stuff that can not be found by the competitors.

It just causes some funny doubler effects when in front of already distorted visuals. As Asura, we have many glass-like barriers (“windows”) in and around Rata Sum and they apparently share the same effect. So walking past such window will cause the “smoke” of the head to be me even more distored and moved a bit further away. I also like the hands just appear when standing still and the boots cover my toes.

10/10, I am very pleased. Not quite my colour sheme (usually shadow abyss and black (grey) with a hint of red), but it works very well on (my) Asura.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

(edited by Zedek.8932)

Posted by: Felahr.9830

Felahr.9830

Excelsior.

I usually never check the cash shop for outfits because I have my thief armor set put together and I use it from now to forever. But then I saw it and fell in love with it immediately.

Not sure why exactly. I can not dye it (oh god, the awesomeness would peak if it would be dyable), it works great as thief (and even better as Necromancer) for immersion reasons and remembers me of Final Fantasy type of design. The boots, the collar, the grasping hands, the visual effect. I think it’s worth the price!

This is exactly the stuff that can not be found by the competitors.

It just causes some funny doubler effects when in front of already distorted visuals. As Asura, we have many glass-like barriers (“windows”) in and around Rata Sum and they apparently share the same effect. So walking past such window will cause the “smoke” of the head to be me even more distored and moved a bit further away. I also like the hands just appear when standing still and the boots cover my toes.

10/10, I am very pleased. Not quite my colour sheme (usually shadow abyss and black (grey) with a hint of red), but it works very well on (my) Asura.

It is dyeable

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I am thoroughly happy with the outfit! And, royal ascalonian weapons look great with it.

~EW

Attachments:

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I bought the outfit last night and played around with it on a few characters. So far I think I like the look of the outfit most on Charr characters. Others look decent with it as well, but I think I’m going to have to make a Charr specifically with the intention of using this outfit on them.

My Norn necro looks decent with it on, but I initially bought it with the hope that it would be affected a bit more by color tonics or the poly-luminescent refractors. They only seem to minorly affect the black smokiness of the helm portion so I’m a bit saddened by that, but I still maintain that the folks at Anet did an awesome job with this one.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

If it wouldnt be an Outfit = insta buy. But alas… i cant use parts oft it so its a waste of.money for me… like all outfits

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m experimenting with mine. As pure black as I can make it with Shadow abyss dye and a Poly Luminescent Black refractor. Then I added a Ghostly infusion for blue flames and the black smoky effect on the body. I think it looks pretty good. When I get tired of that I’ll try other color schemes. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Not my cup of tea. Granted, I think Anet could have sold the head effect as a helmet skin on its own for 700 gems and people would have bought it just because a player would be able to use it with their non-outfit armor.

Good effects, but wasted.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’m experimenting with mine. As pure black as I can make it with Shadow abyss dye and a Poly Luminescent Black refractor. Then I added a Ghostly infusion for blue flames and the black smoky effect on the body. I think it looks pretty good. When I get tired of that I’ll try other color schemes. ^^

Do you have a screenshot? That sounds cool.

~EW

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Do you have a screenshot? That sounds cool.

~EW

lol I can try to put an image from my computer. I have no idea how to get a screenshot to the forums but here is this image. (sorry if it’s low quality. I’m a computer illiterate who barely knows more than how to turn on the computer to harrass chat with the forumites)

The eyes stand out more. She turned her head when I snipped that picture.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

Ahahah like mine XD i’ve done this too. ^^

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I like it, JaFW!

~EW

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

I have to agree, this outfit is pretty awesome! i really really like it.

Posted by: Khailyn.6248

Khailyn.6248

i bought it for the grasping hand effect. i knew i would have the helm turned off a lot of the time as i do so with most armor and other outfits anyway. while i think it dyes funny, and tends to have a faint shade of blue even with abyss dye, my only real complaint is how high the scarf comes up. if the pointed parts of the scarf werent there or were lowerer or ideally disabled via ‘hide shoulders’ it would be the best outfit ever released in my opinion.

‘Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back.’