Good vs. Evil

Good vs. Evil

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dradiin.8935

Dradiin.8935

So, i have played through all of the story lines for each race, i really enjoy the writing and the direction the game takes us in. What bothers me is not being able to play other more darker/evil factions.

I understand that it might take more resources than Anet wants to dedicate to personal stories, but i do not think i am the only one who wishes they could explore being an agent of the Inquest, or a devotee to Svanir, or a bandit.

I am just hoping that maybe there is a developer who might feel the same way, sometimes i want to be the bad guy in my fantasy game, or just play a darker side, as it is now the game seems to only allow shiny valorous heroes, i need more grit and grime in the game.

I am sure this topic is not a new one, so if others read it and agree post your ideas.

Good vs. Evil

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

This. I tought this myself when I started the game. I read “you can make your own desicions in the personal story” :O YAY I’M GONNA BE TOTALLY EVIL >:D
Well – then the disappointment came.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Good vs. Evil

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Anet said back before launch that they do not want our characters to be evil- because they work together for the good of Tyria- from that stand point it would it would make no sense for different player factions/ good- evil side.

It is not a matter of resources but a design desision

Gunnar’s Hold

Good vs. Evil

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, just like Guild Wars 1. There are no evil player characters. Even in factions, you’re still good, no matter which faction you belong to.

This is one of the few hallmarks of the series that’s been retained.

Good vs. Evil

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

It is noteworthy that you can still use “evil armor” for your characters, even if they themselves cannot be “evil” (Flame Legion, Inquest, etc.) My Willa (female Charr Warrior) would never don such a suit, especially considering such a chauvinistic, simple-minded bunch (referring to the Flame Legion), but the option is indeed there.

Good vs. Evil

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Evil is subjective. Many characters in the game, and even parts of the Orders, have things about them that are “questionable”. These are not all “Heroes” and “Good people”, they’re fighting for the entire world because if they don’t, they die.

It doesn’t matter if you’re the most evil, powerful Necromancer. Zhaitan is more powerful and he will consume and destroy you and everything else. This is the whole reason the Sons of Svanir are a fail, if you pay attention to their storylines, Jormag turns on them 90% of them time, the Icebrood are Norn and other creatures who have been completely corrupted into nothing more than husks.

This was never a game of Good Vs Evil even since the beginning. The whole premise of the game was the dragons being a force of nature, they don’t have “sides”. And if you consider that you are literally killing yourselves in WvW (its a multiverse, with everyone involved being the same people from different worlds), what then?

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/