Good work, Anet!

Good work, Anet!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

No, this isn’t another sarcastic complaining post.

I just wanted to say that I understand each and every decision made for every aspect of the game and I appreciate where things are going. While some issues have been raised, the good far outweighs the bad.

Contrary to the other 100+ posts that I’ve read, I think you guys at Anet did an awesome job! Thanks for the great update and I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future!

-MM

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Yes, good job in making zerkers even more desired in groups and everyone else even more worthless.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I just wanted to say that I understand each and every decision made for every aspect of the game

Would you please explain Rune of Speed to me then?

Hint: I don’t understand why a rune set that gives a 25% passive movement speed boost needs a swiftness bonus.

Ready? Ok…GO!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

I just wanted to say that I understand each and every decision made for every aspect of the game

Hint: I don’t understand why a rune set that gives a 25% passive movement speed boost needs a swiftness bonus.

Ready? Ok…GO!

Because swiftness makes you go faster? Rune of SPEED.

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

And now for the bonus question: do passive movement speed bonusses stack with swiftness???

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Too bad they screwed the roleplayers in every way imagineable. I don’t RP, but wow, they really dropped the ball on this in that department…

I want to praise this update, I do. But I just can’t knowing how much some people had their whole game world turned upside down, especially knowing that some of those people were the biggest buyers of gems in the game.

And on top of that, some of the nicest people in the game.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

Ready? Ok…GO!

Swiftness is 33% run speed. You probably didn’t know that otherwise you wouldn’t have asked.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The outfit/town colothes issues were a relatively small price to pay for all the other goodies we got. Most importantly, I didn’t hit a single bug, as far as I could tell.

So yes, good job!

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Swiftness is 33% run speed. You probably didn’t know that otherwise you wouldn’t have asked.

Let me rephrase it so all of you understand: compared to swiftness, the 25% passive speed boost is for all intents and purposes, the same. Swiftness will give you an edge, true, but only in a race across the map, not in the small sprints that occur during combat. I’ve used both at the same time, and from experience I can tell you that in practice they’re pretty much the same thing.

Using permanent swiftness when you have a passive movement speed boost (or vice versa) is an utter waste because they don’t stack.

Get it now?

Good work, Anet!

MightyMicah.7451

Let me rephrase it so all of you understand: compared to swiftness, the 25% passive speed boost is for all intents and purposes, the same. Swiftness will give you an edge, true, but only in a race across the map, not in the small sprints that occur during combat. I’ve used both at the same time, and from experience I can tell you that in practice they’re pretty much the same thing.

Using permanent swiftness when you have a passive movement speed boost (or vice versa) is an utter waste because they don’t stack.

Get it now?

No, we don’t. Swiftness is faster than 25% movement increase. The rune is called, “Rune of speed.” It’s a no brainer. If you don’t like it, choose a different rune. Now please go troll somewhere else.

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Get it now?

No, we don’t. Swiftness is faster than 25% movement increase. The rune is called, “Rune of speed.” It’s a no brainer. If you don’t like it, choose a different rune.

The huge amounts of swiftness you get from the rune amount to a total of 8% speed buff! Have you even tried using swiftness while having Rune of Speed equipped? It’s hard to even notice the difference. It’s indeed a no brainer because nobody with a brain would pick it.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

Too bad they screwed the roleplayers in every way imagineable. I don’t RP, but wow, they really dropped the ball on this in that department…

I want to praise this update, I do. But I just can’t knowing how much some people had their whole game world turned upside down, especially knowing that some of those people were the biggest buyers of gems in the game.

And on top of that, some of the nicest people in the game.

Thanks for kind words, mate! It’s good to see people understanding our situation right now, cheers to you!

Good work, Anet!

MightyMicah.7451

Get it now?

No, we don’t. Swiftness is faster than 25% movement increase. The rune is called, “Rune of speed.” It’s a no brainer. If you don’t like it, choose a different rune.

The huge amounts of swiftness you get from the rune amount to a total of 8% speed buff! Have you even tried using swiftness while having Rune of Speed equipped? It’s hard to even notice the difference. It’s indeed a no brainer because nobody with a brain would pick it.

Except that it gives lots of vitality and is one of two of the runes to give a passive 25% speed boost. As a Mesmer, such a rune is quite desirable. Why are you still here?

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Except that it gives lots of vitality and is one of two of the runes to give a passive 25% speed boost. As a Mesmer, such a rune is quite desirable. Why are you still here?

So the fact that half of the rune makes the other half worthless doesn’t bother you? Or the fact that there alternatives that are much better? Good for you. But for the rest of us, it’s obvious why this is a poorly designed rune. If anything, something that should have been thought about a little more during a hyped up ‘rune rebalance’ (Anet’s words, not mine).

(edited by ThiBash.5634)

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Brother Dulfite.5793

Brother Dulfite.5793

Would someone tell me why exactly the role players are upset? Is it just the wardrobe thing and if so why? I love how I can wear whatever outfit now whenever I want. Anet just greatly increased the rate of seeing everyone in different armors now that they aren’t restricted as much. I’m AESTHETICALLY PLEASED!!!

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Would someone tell me why exactly the role players are upset?

In a nutshell:
-many town clothes (tonics) cannot be dyed at all now.
-the outfits only have 4 dye slots for the entire outfit, rather than ‘per piece’.
-town clothes tonics have to be reapplied every 15 minutes.

I’m sure there are others, but these are the ones I can somewhat relate to.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I’m annoyed I cannot dye town clothing, mesmer has a ton of bugs and the traits make you have to get 40 before you can even get your first big one.

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Good Job, 18 months to get out a fake-expensive-public-BETA… and make most of the customers like it… which Mesmer did you engage?

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Its good for classes that have little or no access to swiftness.

So you’re really ok with a rune that loses 2 of its bonusses simply because the other bonusses are that good for you?

Wouldn’t you rather have had something like:

Superior Rune of Speed
  • +25 Vitality
  • +15 some stat
  • +50 Vitality
  • +35 some stat
  • +100 Vitality
  • +35 some stat; +25% Movement Speed

or

• +25 Vitality
  • +10% Swiftness Duration
  • +50 Vitality
  • 25% chance when struck to gain swiftness for 15 seconds. (Cooldown: 30 seconds)
  • +100 Vitality
  • +20% Swiftness Duration; +25% bleeding duration

You know, stuff that actually does something?

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Get it now?

Rune of Speed is a useful rune for classes that do not readily have access to swiftness, such as a meditation guardian. Passive speed bonus is great for PvP if you are running as a roamer as well.

Just because you find it useless does not mean no one else has the same issue.

Good work, Anet!

ThiBash.5634

Guardians need rune of Speed in PvP.

That in itself says more about the lack of game balance, but ok.

Look at my earlier proposal please. Would you rather have a rune that combines swiftness and passive movement speed (that cancel eachother out) or a rune that has either of these abilities, and something else?

Good work, Anet!

Posted by: Zine.2136

Zine.2136

Replying on the topic of the OP. I also like the new patch. I had fun playing last night. It felt different playing without the timers but then I did a bit more branching out to other areas to play. That felt refreshing.

Speaking only for myself, I had fun, and that is what mattered to me.

Overall, thanks for the continued development into this game, especially one that does not incur a monthly subscription fee.