Got my Sunbringer title!

Got my Sunbringer title!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

And am just now posting it today :S

Darkhaven 1 shotted him last night, we’re really getting the hang of this dragon. Props to everyone on the server who made it happen and ArenaNet, keep up the great work and adding more challenging content that brings entire servers together!

Attachments:

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Nice.

‘One-shotted’ him? How does that work? :P

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

My only response, seeing as it’s no longer September 17-18th

Attachments:

(edited by Charak.9761)

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

Nice.

Basically he’s saying they killed him without batting an eyelash.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

Nice.

Basically he’s saying they killed him without batting an eyelash.

Wouldn’t say that. A week before yesterday we killed him as a server for the first time. Yesterday was our 2nd organized kill and we got him in our first attempt of the night and it was glorious. Such an amazing encounter and I can’t wait for the other bosses to be revamped. And what’s September 17-18 gotta do with anything?

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Good stuff. Congratulations. I got my achievement last week as well. Tarnished Coast, however, is no longer beating him regularly.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

Yeah, that’s great. Look at how you churned out all of the achievements! GW2 is made for people like you! And in a couple of weeks you’ll get to churn out another 50! Wow, so fun!

Every time I try to do this on Borlis Pass, I get dumped into overflow with 20 people. Though honestly, I think I prefer that when considering the fact that I’d have to sit in Sparkfly Fen for an hour doing nothing if I really cared all that much.

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah, that’s great. Look at how you churned out all of the achievements! GW2 is made for people like you! And in a couple of weeks you’ll get to churn out another 50! Wow, so fun!

Every time I try to do this on Borlis Pass, I get dumped into overflow with 20 people. Though honestly, I think I prefer that when considering the fact that I’d have to sit in Sparkfly Fen for an hour doing nothing if I really cared all that much.

Someone’s bitter.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Vayne.8563

You know, just because you don’t like the content, does that mean you necessarily have to rain on someone else’s parade?

I don’t play PvP, but I’d never go into a PvP thread and try to insult someone’s achievement…even if I didn’t think it was much of an achievement I wouldn’t.

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

You know, just because you don’t like the content, does that mean you necessarily have to rain on someone else’s parade?

I don’t play PvP, but I’d never go into a PvP thread and try to insult someone’s achievement…even if I didn’t think it was much of an achievement I wouldn’t.

Thanks Vayne =)

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

This is the kind of player that is toxic to the spirit of the Guild Wars franchise. Perhaps Final Fantasy 14 Online would be a better fit.

I came to this game so I could get away from achievements and grinding.

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

This is the kind of player that is toxic to the spirit of the Guild Wars franchise. Perhaps Final Fantasy 14 Online would be a better fit.

You’ll be mad to know that I almost have GWAMM and am at 48/50 in HoM in GW1. Does it bother you so much that I enjoy the game so much that I do achievements in my spare time? Life must be hard being so mad at such trivial things. I was just posting this thread because I was excited I got the new achievements to Tequatl – especially before he’s “nerfed” on Tuesday.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Grats!

Got my title last week, it was so freakin intense, we had 130 people on Raidcall yelling and screaming. Highlight of my gaming year

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

You’ll be mad to know that I almost have GWAMM and am at 48/50 in HoM in GW1. Does it bother you so much that I enjoy the game so much that I do achievements in my spare time? Life must be hard being so mad at such trivial things. I was just posting this thread because I was excited I got the new achievements to Tequatl – especially before he’s “nerfed” on Tuesday.

Excited about what? That you completed the most boring kitten ever?

I just got my 9/9 achievement today. You know? The one they hand out for enduring the fight 9 times. Once per day, and I couldn’t stomach that much because it took me 12 days. It’s impossible on my server.

I don’t mind people getting account wide bonuses from achievement points or special stat gear, but they need to do something of merit. Not: grind, grind, grind.

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

I just got my 9/9 achievement today. You know? The one they hand out for enduring the fight 9 times. Once per day, and I couldn’t stomach that much because it took me 12 days. It’s impossible on my server.

I don’t mind people getting account wide bonuses from achievement points or special stat gear, but they need to do something of merit. Not: grind, grind, grind.

None of the achievements I’ve earned have felt like a grind at all. I’ve never done anything I didn’t want to. It sounds to me like this game just isn’t for you? You mentioned final Fantasy 14. I hear that’s the least grindy MMO to date.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I represent my Tequatl-killing guild when he’s in the window to spawn, ask for a taxi to the correct overflow server, and kill him in 15 minutes. I get 1.8 gold, two rares, ascended materials, a bunch of other items and a chance for some amazing drops — all in 15 to 20 minutes.

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

I represent my Tequatl-killing guild when he’s in the window to spawn, ask for a taxi to the overflow, and kill him in 15 minutes. I get 1.8 gold, two rares, ascended materials, a bunch of other items and a chance for some amazing drops — all in 15 to 20 minutes.

Really? Every time I zone into an overflow, it has 20 people or less. Must be nice.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

Congratulations. The few times I have been we haven’t given him much of a fright at all. One day we will get there.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Lopez.7369

Really? Every time I zone into an overflow, it has 20 people or less. Must be nice.

That’s where the guild comes in. We claim an overflow server to group up and make the kill a guarantee. It’s probably the most profitable thing any of us do each day, considering how little time it takes.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

That’s where the guild comes in. We claim an overflow server to group up and make the kill a guarantee. It’s probably the most profitable thing any of us do each day, considering how little time it takes.

Not all of us have access to a competent group of people who are capable of killing this boss. Like I said, I’m on Borlis Pass, and from what I’ve read it’s not a very good server. I guess I don’t get to kill Teq.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Congratulations!

I haven’t even beaten him once, so following Charak’s statement, that makes me

Attachments:

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Scoobaniec.9561

Scoobaniec.9561

And am just now posting it today :S

Darkhaven 1 shotted him last night, we’re really getting the hang of this dragon. Props to everyone on the server who made it happen and ArenaNet, keep up the great work and adding more challenging content that brings entire servers together!

Attachments:

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Congratulations and welcome to the club of the most superskilled elite players in GW2! (yeah this is to get on someone’s nerve)

Did you man the turret? Because if you man the turret you are at least 43% more skillful than the rest of the lowly zerg.

P.s. this thread has a disturbing lack of Charmanders

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Got my Sunbringer title!

Vayne.8563

Right because there was nothing to grind for in Guild Wars 1. The lucky title track was practically given to you (it’s so much fun to spend an entire weekend standing on 9 rings), and the lightbringer title which gave you an in game advantage didn’t take any time at all….not to mention treasure hunter, luxon/kurzick.

Are you sure you played Guild Wars 1?

If you don’t like achievements, don’t grind them out. Simple if you ask me.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: RainbowSyrup.4130

RainbowSyrup.4130

All I have to say is…..

Attachments:

’’I’m sad hanar can’t wear sweaters’’
-Grunt

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I represent my Tequatl-killing guild when he’s in the window to spawn, ask for a taxi to the overflow, and kill him in 15 minutes. I get 1.8 gold, two rares, ascended materials, a bunch of other items and a chance for some amazing drops — all in 15 to 20 minutes.

You missed the part of “Tequatl-killing guild”. Sure just going to a random overflow you will never kill Tequatl, but organised groups can kill Tequatl without much trouble.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Congratulations. Just putting it out there, the Sunbringer title isn’t temporary, so we can all (hopefully) get it some day. =)

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

congrats
it is a nice title , the game needs more nice titles
When I get it I’ll wear it on my Whispers Agent- seems fitting

Gunnar’s Hold

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Gratz on your Achievement!

Don’t let the naysayers ruin it for you!

Level 80 Elementalist

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: ToPocHi.2480

ToPocHi.2480

Grats on your achievement! Will be aiming for that too. Managed to beat him just 30 minutes ago and manning the turrets sure was exciting! Exhilarating to say the least and the game brought about camaraderie and teamwork at it’s finest. What a blast.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

You missed the part of “Tequatl-killing guild”. Sure just going to a random overflow you will never kill Tequatl, but organised groups can kill Tequatl without much trouble.

I don’t belong to a guild of 100+ that is capable of pulling this off. I guess I get to miss out on content.

Awesome design there.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I don’t belong to a guild of 100+ that is capable of pulling this off. I guess I get to miss out on content.

Awesome design there.

Join a cross-server guild like Tequatl Terror Squad. You can join up to 5 guilds

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/JUST-AN-FYI-FOR-TTS-MEMBERS-AND-EVERYONE

Got my Sunbringer title!

Dark Catalyst.1028

So I have to join a gigantic guild and guest on another server to do this? It’s ridiculous. Each individual server should have the resources to pull this off. This is a game design failure.

And besides, it’s too late now. I’m not going to sit around for an hour doing nothing just so I can try to bypass the ridiculous overflow system.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

The title is nothing special got it day 1. We need something much harder we can do as a group of 5.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

So I have to join a gigantic guild and guest on another server to do this? It’s ridiculous. Each individual server should have the resources to pull this off. This is a game design failure.

It’s not like guesting costs anything and you can have multiple guilds.

And to pull what off ? To pull more than 150 players in a single zone fighting in the same event ? There comes a moment when it stops being a server problem and it starts being a personal computer problem. The fight already suffers problems due to dozens of animations going off every second….even good computers have a more or less big FPS drop.
Or did you mean that each server should be able to kill it ? Well technically, they can. Whether players from a particular server want to try to do it and are competent is a different issue.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Berformet.2981

Berformet.2981

I’m not going to sit around for an hour doing nothing just so I can try to bypass the ridiculous overflow system.

Just saying this as you seem to misinterpret what they mean. They group up in overflow to kill him. not in main server. even main servers can be terrible to try get the kill. on CD
we get a kill at reset an that’s it. everybody loses interest then so its kinda pointless after that.

but they seem to organize on the overflow where anybody from any server can join up without having to guest at all. can at least give it a try and hopefully youll get there.

/) /)
(^.^)b Cmdr Whíte Rabbit, The Bunny Mesmer
d(“)(”) Alias: Thalia Cereus, Cisna Brightwell, Toxic Bunny

Got my Sunbringer title!

Lopez.7369

Not all of us have access to a competent group of people who are capable of killing this boss. Like I said, I’m on Borlis Pass, and from what I’ve read it’s not a very good server. I guess I don’t get to kill Teq.

That’s exactly right. If everyone could kill Tequatl, it wouldn’t be difficult by definition. That’s how raid content works.

But if you want to get serious about killing Tequatl, join this guild: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Tequatl-Terror-Squad-3-SLAY-THE-BEAST

(edited by Lopez.7369)

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Okay what’s the deal with the little animal pictures? I don’t get it.

The Burninator

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

The first one is a Slowpoke, a pokemon known for being particularly slow.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

snip

Then don’t. I don’t go for any achievements either and I don’t feel like I am missing anything.

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

Congratulations and welcome to the club of the most superskilled elite players in GW2! (yeah this is to get on someone’s nerve)

Did you man the turret? Because if you man the turret you are at least 43% more skillful than the rest of the lowly zerg.

P.s. this thread has a disturbing lack of Charmanders

Yeah last week I was in the turret. The kill video can be seen here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/tequatl/Add-Darkhaven-to-the-list/first#post2893130

But this week I was part of the turret defense and was one of the people in charge of adjusting wherever I was needed during the megalazer portion.

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Welcome to the club!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Got my Sunbringer title!

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

….

it’s been 13 days and he’s calling you a slowpoke.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Got my Sunbringer title!

TehPwnerer.7215

….

it’s been 13 days and he’s calling you a slowpoke.

Ah how witty. My bad shoulda gotten every achievement the day it came out.