Got so excited, then...slump!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Carlo.9638

Carlo.9638

First off, I’ve been a long time player of Guild Wars both 1 and 2. Been playing gw2 since launch. I am a veryCASUAL player and enjoy the game immensely. I ended up with 13 or so level 80 characters, all armored up to max exotics. Maybe 80% of them full ascended trinkets, since they are easily attainable if you played fractals of the mists pre-HOT launch. I do have my favorite classes, but play all my characters when I can.

Anyway, I finally decided a week after HOT launched, that I was going to dive into the journey of creating my own precursor for TWILIGHT greatsword. Completed TIER 1 last night and was so happy and excited. That’s what I thought until I figured out what were required to finally just get over the TIER 1 journey. If I remember correctly, 30 Deldrimor Ingots and 30 Elonian Leather squares. I found out I only have 15 of each accumulated. Checked on TP, forget about it. These items will cost you at least 8 + gold EACH. Wanted to see if I could craft it myself since I hoarded so many materials from my almost 3 years of “on and off” pve casual gameplay. Nope, you can only make 1 item a day per account. Then, there are some shards of glory something. Some kind of pvp currency. I don’t pvp, so I bought it from the TP instead. That was priced ok.

Bottom line of the story, I should’ve just saved my precious deldrimors and elonians for crafting ascended armor or weapons. Crafted ascended armor or weapons could not be purchased straight off from the TP or anywhere for that matter. Legendary weapons can be. Well, lesson learned. Now, I am kinda bummed. I just wasted what little resource I had. And for this week or a year maybe, I might put off the game for a while because I feel kinda mad about the situation. So now, the journey for my precursor is over before it even started and left me with no deldrimors and elonians.

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Lesson of the day: Check the map before you go into a journey

I’m sorry that you feel like that about the precursor crafting, I hope that you get over it sometime and end finishing your Twilight by just playing.
Good luck.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Carlo.9638

It would make sense to farm and grind for in game gold and buy a legendary outright from the TP. Because if I plan on making ascended armor and legendary at the same time, that could take ages. It is better to just buy gems and convert to gold, then buy stuff in game.

Carlo.9638

forgot about the typical statement: This game is not a grind, it is a grind only if you want it to be. STAY EXOTIC!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

First off, I’ve been a long time player of Guild Wars both 1 and 2. Been playing gw2 since launch. I am a veryCASUAL player and enjoy the game immensely. I ended up with 13 or so level 80 characters, all armored up to max exotics. Maybe 80% of them full ascended trinkets, since they are easily attainable if you played fractals of the mists pre-HOT launch. I do have my favorite classes, but play all my characters when I can.

Anyway, I finally decided a week after HOT launched, that I was going to dive into the journey of creating my own precursor for TWILIGHT greatsword. Completed TIER 1 last night and was so happy and excited. That’s what I thought until I figured out what were required to finally just get over the TIER 1 journey. If I remember correctly, 30 Deldrimor Ingots and 30 Elonian Leather squares. I found out I only have 15 of each accumulated. Checked on TP, forget about it. These items will cost you at least 8 + gold EACH. Wanted to see if I could craft it myself since I hoarded so many materials from my almost 3 years of “on and off” pve casual gameplay. Nope, you can only make 1 item a day per account. Then, there are some shards of glory something. Some kind of pvp currency. I don’t pvp, so I bought it from the TP instead. That was priced ok.

Bottom line of the story, I should’ve just saved my precious deldrimors and elonians for crafting ascended armor or weapons. Crafted ascended armor or weapons could not be purchased straight off from the TP or anywhere for that matter. Legendary weapons can be. Well, lesson learned. Now, I am kinda bummed. I just wasted what little resource I had. And for this week or a year maybe, I might put off the game for a while because I feel kinda mad about the situation. So now, the journey for my precursor is over before it even started and left me with no deldrimors and elonians.

Not sure what to tell you.

- The fact that precursor crafting was not meant to make precursors cheaper, just remove the rng component in them.

- The fact that this information and the requirements for just about every precursor crafting journey are avaialable online to read up on before starting

- The fact that if you think making a legendary is expensive, you are not going to like ascended armor. Those 15 ingots might have goten you 2 pieces, at best.

- The fact that 15 deldrimore ingots/elonian squares is not even a drop in the bucket for Dusk. It’s 90 deldrimore ingots alone if I remember correctly.

- The fact that Dusk goes for 1,100 gold or so on the TP. If it were so cheap to make, this price would have droped.

- The fact that if making the precursor via crafting puts you off, you are really not going to like the rest of the materials required. The precursors in Twilights case is about 1/2 of the cost of the legendary. A good 1k gold goes to the rest of the stuff. (also information avaialable for a long time)

I feel for you. Be happy you noticed sooner than later and can either slowly work towards Dusk or walk away (also not even 2-3 weeks ago all the ascended materials were 4-5 gold more expensive each, so there is that).

Carlo.9638

yeah, at least now I know I won’t be sporting a legendary ever. I could at least strive for an ascended weapon