Graphic boost to Legendaries?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Aside from stat boost, will Legendaries recieve graphic boost too?
As new skins come, we can witness how ANet’s graphic team is improving within a year making some Legendaries fall into second place while new and better looking weapons emerge.
I’ll give some examples in my personal opinion where some could use a boost:

- The Minstrel – obviously this one really needs to get improved. It’s barely even worth calling a Legendary. Needs an aura, footprints unless your MH has them.
- Kudzu – Needs definitly some aura around like other legendary have.
- Bifrost – the Base Staff component should be improved, make the rainbows and footprints more visible
- Meteorlogicus – needs an aura when wielded.

Improvement to all the legendaries:
- Make Auras visible even when the weapon is stowed.
For example, Bifrost aura shows very well whenever you first login to a new zone if you’re a Sylvari, but if you’re a human you don’t have that aura.
- Make Auras show even when you’re wielding enviromental weapons, kits, conjures, banners, etc…

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I like my Kudzu as is. It would be nice if it were as noticeable as other legendaries, but the fact that it turns your enemies into plants makes up for it. I hear it’s terrifying.

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

give footsteps to all legendaries as well..

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Well I didn’t mention others because they already had those basic effects (footprints, aura)

Nabuko Darayon.9645

“And to top it all off, many Legendaries are getting some aesthetic upgrades!”

Woops! Nevermind me I guess I ether forgot to read the last sentance from the release or they added it later. Yay for Leggies!

Posted by: sysfail.5793

sysfail.5793

I agree with you though, I would really really love to see the Kudzu get some sort of aura/glow or something of the sort similar to many other legendary weapons so it stands out when you’re idle. I recently made it and it’s nice, but I don’t get that “oooo shiny” feeling from it like you probably would on the Sunrise and such. Oh, and please fix the ridiculous bowstring on the Kudzu, it makes no sense at all. Seems like the legendary greatswords get all the love with everything, aura, glow, footsteps, mist/trail effect, polish, etc. Every other legendary should be on par one way or another as well. I hope with this coming patch they will address all of that.

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

Idea for a sweet minstrel: plays GW2 theme song as you move, and instead of footprints, a trail that resembles a staff with notes on it (that mimics said song).

Viking Jorun.5413

Idea for a sweet minstrel: plays GW2 theme song as you move, and instead of footprints, a trail that resembles a staff with notes on it (that mimics said song).

+1 so much.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

They also recently changed the effect on my Kraitkin the day after I got mine, there was a patch and my Kraitkin was never the same, it doesn’t glow the same way anymore.

Posted by: Phantasmal.5631

Phantasmal.5631

The poor “The Minstrel” legendary needs the biggest improvements. I feel awful for anyone who made that legendary. You barely notice it and the notes it produces are so tiny. This one needs the largest overhaul. I do wish it is prettier with a nice golden glow/aura with footsteps to make it desirable. The name of the legendary is amazing but in actuality its one of the worst focuses to be seen.

The Anomaly and Spirit Links makes The Minstrel look awful in comparison. Please change The Minstrel to be desirable.

Posted by: Chrissy Chan.4573

Chrissy Chan.4573

The poor “The Minstrel” legendary needs the biggest improvements. I feel awful for anyone who made that legendary. You barely notice it and the notes it produces are so tiny. This one needs the largest overhaul. I do wish it is prettier with a nice golden glow/aura with footsteps to make it desirable. The name of the legendary is amazing but in actuality its one of the worst focuses to be seen.

The Anomaly and Spirit Links makes The Minstrel look awful in comparison. Please change The Minstrel to be desirable.

It is a very lackluster focus. I used Spirit Links for the longest time (relatively cheap to make) since it was a noticeable focus with a particle effect. The color of The Anomaly was a bit off to me (I also had Visions of the Mist at the time) so I kept with the chains. I did make The Minstrel a few weeks ago in the hopes that ANet would give it a graphical update like a few other legendaries received so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for next Tuesday. :S

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

Well I didn’t mention others because they already had those basic effects (footprints, aura)

My Flameseeker Prophecies says hi.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m wondering if they make any changes to the other weapons too. Perhaps Eternity would be changed in a way that promotes it above the two counterparts, and not by the joke method used to distinguish it now (lower effects overall).

I’m happy with the ones I have now, but I’m hoping Dreamer gets a little treatment. The massive ponies are obnoxious. I seriously regret having it right now – the smaller shots before were perfect.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Grots.4726

Grots.4726

They should ditch the minstrel and replace it with hobo-tron.

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

They should ditch the minstrel and replace it with hobo-tron.

Replace all minis and ranger pets with Hobo-Tron also please. Golem-down-on-its-luck.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

My Flameseeker Prophecies doesn’t want footprints.

But seriously, changing the effects of legendaries is a two sided sword if you don’t give people the option to turn off those new effects. I crafted my shield because I liked it the way it is. I don’t want footsteps, I don’t want a bigger aura, I just want it the way it is.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

But seriously, changing the effects of legendaries is a two sided sword if you don’t give people the option to turn off those new effects. I crafted my shield because I liked it the way it is. I don’t want footsteps, I don’t want a bigger aura, I just want it the way it is.

Neither does mine. +1 for the lack of footsteps and aura, the shield is perfect as it is.

Also, whoever had the bright idea of calling changing the glow of the Meteorlogicus from light blue to purple an “upgrade” has a weird sense of humor. I seriously hope this new screenshot is a joke, you simply don’t “upgrade” this way items that took months to craft.

Posted by: funkylovemonkey.3097

funkylovemonkey.3097

I would like an option to turn off footprints, honestly. Personally I hate them and there are some legendaries that I would consider working toward if it weren’t for the fact that the weapon would be pooping out stuff behind me as I ran… Some sort of toggle or graphics option would be great for that kind of thing, because obviously there are many people who really like that.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

de-brony some of the legendaries while you are at it, especially Quip :P

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

de-what?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: derekgrant.6504

derekgrant.6504

I was just stating that he missed a legendary missing a unique aura/footsteps. It is a very elegant legendary as it is, however I know more people who want more effects rather than those who want to keep it the way it is.

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

The Flameseeker Prophecies needs aura and footsprint. It costly enough to deserve the same treat as the rest.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

I’d love for my Kudzu to get some sort of aura. Something that shows a legendary is equipped when I’m just standing. Also, get rid of that kitten floating bowstring.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

This is the sound the minstrel should do..

Leave Quip like that, it’s the only legendary I’d like to have (on my mesmer).

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Nev.5316

Nev.5316

Rodgort needs a more visible footstep and needs aura!

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Hopefully Frenzy will at least get some projectile changes.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Hopefully Frenzy will at least get some projectile changes.

This.

Frenzy is a beautiful weapon, with fish swimming around you while wielded.

You also get a misty aura with the weapon drawn (bugged like many others and only works 50% of the time) that is pretty faint and could use a little improvement.

But the lack of any type of unique projectiles is a real let down. This would do wonders to improve this legendary.

It is already hard enough to see the legendary in the water with lighting issues, and the aura is usually bugged.

Give this legendary some love too.

The Quip on the other hand is quite polished and doesn’t really need any attention in my opinion. I get footsteps, I get a purple aura, and I get special projectiles in the form of daisies and confetti along with wicked troll sounds.

The only minor complaint about the Quip would be that the footsteps are awfully small and barely noticeable a lot of the times.

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

de-what?

Brony is term for those cartoon unicorn horses if you ever seen those meme. He simply said remove those unicorn horses.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

Kudzu’s footprints need to be a different shade of green. Right now it looks like a puke green instead of a grassy green.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

de-what?

Brony is term for those cartoon unicorn horses if you ever seen those meme. He simply said remove those unicorn horses.

But Quip doesn’t have unicorn horses..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Kudzu’s footprints need to be a different shade of green. Right now it looks like a puke green instead of a grassy green.

It most definately looks like baby puke green. I always tease a guildie over the ‘trail’ he leaves.

Viking Jorun.5413

It most definately looks like baby puke green. I always tease a guildie over the ‘trail’ he leaves.

Would that guildie happen to be named FERRUM??

~Gets that all the kitten time.

Posted by: Liquid Rhino.7192

Liquid Rhino.7192

Electric Tiger > everything else.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aradon.5936

Aradon.5936

I’d like to see the Minstrel be able to be used as a musical instrument. The in-game mechanics are already there. Make it happen, Anet!

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Electric Tiger > everything else.

Electric ghost golem trumps that.

Be VERY afraid!

Attachments:

Posted by: DJRiful.3749

DJRiful.3749

What would be cool, they should add more attack effect like Ranger with melee weapons shows up animal spectral animations.

ie. Right now, Incinerator on Ele, only Fire and Water effects applies to it. Other skills has nothing.

Stormïe ~ Tarnished Coast | My little monster <3 – http://valid.canardpc.com/6nbdeq

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Maybe Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity will finally get full 3D models.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Urr you mean the confetti pistol? Leave my Quip alone! A girl needs her legendary to be fun and not too serious

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Dreamer NEEDS something else. An Aura. Footsteps. Right now, its a mediocre skin, with decent shooting effects. Even Kudzu has shooting effects and footsteps. Cmon Anet. DREAMER NEEDS SOMETHING MORE!!

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

Dreamers unicorns are very noticeable, Kudzu’s shooting effects are very small compared. Dreamer also has AoE effects, Kudzu doesn’t.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

Dreamer does not have AoE effects. =I It has shooting effects. Thats it. Period.

Posted by: Andile.2963

Andile.2963

Bigger footprints for Juggernaut!

Y SO LEETLE?!!

Posted by: Eaz.6459

Eaz.6459

I want completely new skins on legendaries.

As a condition necro I have dressed my necro in Bones skin, green/gray tint (Nurgle Inspired), using sceptre/focus and staff.

I have Gift of Exploration etc but have decided not to pursue either of the above weapons as the graphics does not suit my necro at all.

That being said, I want a legendary in order as I love the idea of having a legendary but the current design would be wrong for me.

Sure, I could get a legendary for my alts (Guard, Thief and Mesmer at 80) but as I play my necro first and foremost I have no desire wasting legendary at them.

Please give us more legendaries with different designs.

Edit: One of the underwater legendary weapons look fairly necro, but how often will yo be sporting that, so not wasting my gifts on that.

Posted by: andeysmandey.1647

andeysmandey.1647

Ill be happy when they fix my Eternity so i can show it of to all the haters who called me dumb for making it

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

My vote is give the GS 3d modeling instead of being a paper thin blade and give Juggernaut bigger footprints.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I’d prefer it if they adjusted most legendaries to affect the skill animations for all professions that use it. They did it to some, why not all?

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Gburzak.7035

Gburzak.7035

+1 to adjusting skill animations when using legendaries, instead of applying changes that can ruin them for some players (like that ugly purple glow on Meteorlogicus).

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

My vote is give the GS 3d modeling instead of being a paper thin blade and give Juggernaut bigger footprints.

I have noting to say about my Sunrise beside the thin ‘’paper ’’ blade like you say.
My Rodgort is perfect the way it it …footprint + arm on fire

i just want A.net to fix the Aura/firearm that sometime don’t work … i need to remove the weapon and equip it again to fix it.

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

I do not want footsteps for some of the legendaries but a floating trail of light or something esle. Footstep are to common. Footsteps are every color of the rainbow but they are not that unique.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Posted by: Sora.2436

Sora.2436

Ill be happy when they fix my Eternity so i can show it of to all the haters who called me dumb for making it

Amen too this brother. I really hope they do something soon for eternity!