Graphics glitch...or misplaced corruption?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Q:

I wish I had a screenshot to accompany this bizarre encounter of mine, but I was in too much of a hurry to stop for one. So, a description will have to do.

Last night my guild and I were in Dredgehaunt Cliffs, headed for a guild rush location…Spider Scurry, I think it’s called, or something like that. Anyway it’s the one where you transform into a spider and have to contend with the occasional dredge.

My mesmer did not have the closest waypoint, so I’d ported in from the Grey Road WP and was heading north through Steelbrachen, to the west of Dostoev Sky Peak. It took me a moment to notice (I was lost), but I realized that the wintry environment around me had taken on a very Brand-esque appearance…pink/purple light and flashing lightning. Finally it hit me, and I stopped and reported what I was seeing to my guildies (“Hey, what the hell, why is everything out here pink???”), but they were distracted by the rush. So was I, so I went on my way and more or less forgot it.

This morning I headed to the same area to see what was causing this…I assumed at the time it was some dynamic event or other. But instead I found symptoms of the corruption more common to that area—-blizzard conditions. In fact, further to the west is a renown heart where you fight against Jormag’s corrupting influence. And both last night and this morning I could see corrupted ice formations and elementals. So it’s an area tainted by dragon corruption…

…but last night it was the wrong corruption.

And before someone yells, “SCARLET”, I don’t think so. There were no invasions in progress at the time, and no Forbidden Thumpers in the immediate vicinity. Just an environmental effect that seemed to be in the wrong environment.

Is this a graphics glitch? Or has my mesmer been working too hard? Minds that need examining want to know!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Tanith.5264

A:

Not that anyone was terribly worried about this, but I’ve figured it out. Apparently it’s triggered by the nearby event where you have to defend some Priory scholars while they cast a ritual to disperse this storm. I even managed to grab a screenie of the weird but cool lightning effect.

Attachments:

Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Gutek.1534

Gutek.1534

That has been there as long as I can remember so I’m not sure it’s a graphics glitch.

You betwitched me, you evil magpie! -Chhk the Windmill King

Tanith.5264

That has been there as long as I can remember so I’m not sure it’s a graphics glitch.

Really.

Well, I’m comforted to know I’m not the only person to see this…it had me a bit worried. I suppose it must be connected with some object or event in the area.

My mesmer’s a Priory scholar. She’ll get to the bottom of it.

Gate of Madness server