Graphics upgrade?

Graphics upgrade?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kirigato.7183

Kirigato.7183

Will gw2 upgrade their graphics?recently I hv seen black desert and its graphic was amazing and was hoping for gw2 to upgrade their graphics

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

No. It would require rewriting game engine and most of the content so the cost would be practically same as developing entirely new game.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

There’s a reason you don’t really ever see MMO’s, or any other games for that matter, suddenly come out and change their graphics. It’s not a simple process nor is it worth the money and effort that it would take. GW2 is still an incredibly gorgeous game and it’s not as though it looks old, because it isn’t.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Will gw2 upgrade their graphics?recently I hv seen black desert and its graphic was amazing and was hoping for gw2 to upgrade their graphics

You got to remember that GW2 is built on an old Engine, even at that GW2 has some of the best GFX you will see in any game,

Hopefully when the push for GW3 they will take full advantage of what computer hardware can actually do.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Shovel Face.4512

Shovel Face.4512

Meh. I personally love the graphics in this game. BD graphics are pretty but I prefer the cartoonish look in GW2.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: AliamRationem.5172

AliamRationem.5172

Count me in the crowd that loves GW2 graphics – especially those HoT maps! I just wish I could play it at better than 20 fps on lowest settings! But that’ll be my problem if and when a GW3 comes around! Go ahead and make it beautiful!

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

No. It would require rewriting game engine and most of the content so the cost would be practically same as developing entirely new game.

I vote new game especially if it takes place in one of the unexplored regions in Tyria so it has crossover potential. A MOBA that draws some mechanics from 3D fighting games in the main battle and 2D fighting game mechanics in duels (cannot be refused) would be cool. Maybe even with some champions that play like a third person shooter (or first when the player judges it’ll be better in that instance)? You’d have some MOBA skills but also punches and kicks that aren’t on cooldown and can make special moves.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

Will gw2 upgrade their graphics?recently I have seen black desert and its graphic was amazing and was hoping for gw2 to upgrade their graphics

Its a modern thing to think beautiful graphic = pixels per inch when really as it has allways been about artistic talent, imagination and a cohesive vision.

ive played BDO for a couple weeks and yep the resolution of the graphics close by is excellent, but have a look at the distance, its a mess at even top settings. The performance and in particular object pop in’s is awful. Aside from this, its all very samey compare to the artistic talent and interesting vistas you get in GW2.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I wouldn’t mind if they updated just the character graphics. Games like WoW and Marvel Universe Online have started doing that and I think it’s great.

GW2 wouldn’t even need to go as in-depth as those games. They could just take time to update some of the older hairstyles to bring the animation in line with the newer ones and improve clipping issues and not have to deal with the the faces or bodies.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

All the stuff above would be fantastic if they were to add it. That being said reworking the game engine, upgrading older weapon/armor graphics, resolving clipping issues etc. is most likely pretty low on the list of stuff for devs to do.

Anyway, if you would like your game more shiny or gritty or whatever(personal preference) I suggest taking a look at using ReShade. The shaders and other tweaks it offers weigh pretty heavily on GPU, but atleast for me that was not a problem since GW2s game engine is quite notorious on being too CPU heavy and mostly ignores your GPU.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

When you say you saw Black Desert, do you mean on your own rig or in a video? Have you ever seen GW2 at it’s best graphical settings..? You should.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Chyanne Waters.8719

Chyanne Waters.8719

There is a balance between realistic graphics and gameplay itself. Put too little graphics on each character and they look blocky similar to a game like Runescape. Improve them more and use more computer power you get games like WoW and EQ2. Which can run on older computers for now. Update the computer to aprox 4-5 years ago to today and you get a computer to run GW2 and a few others.

Yes Black Desert character creation is awesomely cool looking after watching it on YouTube. But it also has a huge fault there is no way with today’s network and computer power it can run smoothly. They should put it back on the shelf for the future though when the computers and networks have improved to handle it.

Anet took a year or so to remove culling in this game because the character and animations when a lot of people were in one area overwhelmed the computer and network happened. One thing they did was make it so you can set what you see to a lower setting. Like only seeing names at distance and up closer only seeing a base form character. So even now the mid range computers today cannot even run GW2 at full graphics to see all characters without it affecting gameplay.

By the time computers and the network can run where it can handle Black Desert characters without slowing down GW2 may end up with the same or similar system.

About the characters looking cartoonish they actually don’t They look pretty well natural. Unlike Tera where they are way too shiny, or like WoW where they do look cartoonish.

Sorry for the references to other games, but it is not a comparison of how the games are played. Only a comparison of computer and network power they use.

We are really really lucky this is even possible to play games like this today. Technology has improved so much over the last aprox 80 years, and its still improving today. Remember a $1.00 calculator today has more computing power than the first computer built that filled a full a large room.

Now we hold amazing computing power in our hands that are better than the super computers of the past. They are predicting 5g cell phone service will run at up to 10 gigabytes per second again the network cannot handle that but will get there eventually

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

They did upgrade, not the game itself , but HoT maps looks much better than Tyria.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: TreeDude.7480

TreeDude.7480

I would much rather they work on getting the FPS in high player count events and WvW up. I have an i5-4690k @ 4.4Ghz and I dip into the low 20s on world bosses and big zergs with character model/limit set to medium.

We should be getting an effects toggle in the spring update. Which should allow everyone to get the big fancy effects back that were reduced due to “visual noise”.

Graphics upgrade?

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

if you want to upgrade GW2 graphic .. use Reshade.

Ill will never go back to vanilla GW2 graphic .. it’s so dull.