Grasping Phantom Glider

Grasping Phantom Glider

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I expect they did it this way to see how well key sales would do with the glider locked behind black lion chests. If so then they are unlikely to sell it directly as that would affect their test of RNG glider selling. I wouldn’t expect it to be direct purchase for several months from now or until next Halloween.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Grasping Phantom Glider

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I expect they did it this way to see how well key sales would do with the glider locked behind black lion chests. If so then they are unlikely to sell it directly as that would affect their test of RNG glider selling. I wouldn’t expect it to be direct purchase for several months from now or until next Halloween.

Agreed.

‘Because it’s always been that way’ is a bad reason to not try something new.

~EW

Grasping Phantom Glider

Posted by: Chameleon Dude.1564

Chameleon Dude.1564

We had this before with Foostivoo the Merry (before he became ridiculously easy to obtain last year). I don’t see how this will be any different from then: a really cool item that people wanted, but couldn’t obtain because it was locked behind gems and RNG – and this is coming from someone who actually managed to get one through dumb luck and keys obtained in game.

Grasping Phantom Glider

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Agreed.

‘Because it’s always been that way’ is a bad reason to not try something new.

~EW

Not really something new.
All black Lion weapon skins used to be unsellable and obtainable only via pure RNG, which players later, after tons of posts managed to convince Anet to change the tactic.
This is a step backwards, totally far from what we’d call a new practice. Then again, let me guess, you already got it via RNG and hope it keeps its “pure-luck” prestige for a while longer? ^^

(You quoted me above but it cut off with my quote here) I didn’t get it. I used about 50 keys then gave up.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Grasping Phantom Glider

Posted by: wastedyouth.6740

wastedyouth.6740

Got it with the free key. Ty Anet.

Grasping Phantom Glider

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

Oddly I got the glider from the free key on my other acct that doesn’t have h.o.t. Lol I didn’t want it :/