Greatsaw Greatsword

Greatsaw Greatsword

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

I’ve been wondering for a while as it’s now 2016 and all the videos about this greatsword are around 3 years old and are most likely out of date.

But is this greatsword still loud and obnoxious? Did they get rid of the sound entirely? It is much much quieter and tolerable now? It’s incredibly rare to find someone with one of these in-game.

I’ve been looking at getting one, but I really don’t want the noise to annoy people. I did read that Anet did some fixes to it, but how does it stand today?

Greatsaw Greatsword

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

The noise is still noticeable but if you dislike it, you can turn it down from the Sound Effect slider. The same applies to others, if people don’t like it, they can turn their volume down, much like the Instrument Volume slider.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Greatsaw Greatsword

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I have the GreatSaw.

I worked with Cody of the ANet sound team a few years ago on the volume, which resulted in the sound being turned WAY down. Too low for my taste, but it was deemed more of a level to not irritate other players.

There are some people, who due to some type of bug or audio card issue, it is barely discernible but for most people it is fine.

If you are on NA Kururu, feel free to ping me in game and I will try to meet you to demonstrate it before you lay out the huge investment to get one.

Greatsaw Greatsword

Kururu.8140

I have the GreatSaw.

I worked with Cody of the ANet sound team a few years ago on the volume, which resulted in the sound being turned WAY down. Too low for my taste, but it was deemed more of a level to not irritate other players.

There are some people, who due to some type of bug or audio card issue, it is barely discernible but for most people it is fine.

If you are on NA Kururu, feel free to ping me in game and I will try to meet you to demonstrate it before you lay out the huge investment to get one.

I’ve actually been thinking of someone demonstrating in-game. Though I am on the EU server Piken Square, unfortunately.

I’ve been hoping to get one for 600 gold so I’ll at least be left with 186 gold.

(edited by Kururu.8140)

Greatsaw Greatsword

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

I do have a contact in EU who was working on starting a GreatSaw Guild. He was very friendly and may be able to accommodate you. If you ping me in game I can give you his name.

Greatsaw Greatsword

Kururu.8140

I do have a contact in EU who was working on starting a GreatSaw Guild. He was very friendly and may be able to accommodate you. If you ping me in game I can give you his name.

A Greatsaw guild? How awesome is that?! As for pinging, is that another way of saying whisper/messaging? And would it work because you’re in NA?