Grenth and Balthazar always contested?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hairy.6547

Hairy.6547

Im needing to purchase some stuff off of the Karma merchants at the grenth and the balthazar temples, but its always contested.

I live in the UK, work shifts, so some days im online in the morning, somtimes the afternoon,sometimes the evening and sometimes untill 3-4am. And for the passed week ive checked regularly when im on to see if its uncontested.

Im on seafarers rest so thought i would guest on other servers that are higher populated to see if they werent contested but everytime ive checked they have been.

Is it a case im not checking at the right times, or are both these temple events just never done?

Posted by: Florgknight.1589

Florgknight.1589

From my experience, they are done however player’s arent using the proper tactics to ensure they are successful. Both events require keeping NPCs alive, yet I rarely see any guardians, rangers or engineers dropping healing or water fields ontop of them to keep them alive.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Same problem on RoF. If I want to use those Karma Merchants, I always guest on Desolation server. They free those temples pretty regularly even though you propably have a better chance during the daytime.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

I’d suggest watching the Dynamic Events forum. There are running threads for most of the major god temple locations. People post on the thread when their server has opened up a temple, which normally stays open for a couple of hours. If you check the DE forum about once an hour when you’re playing GW2, you should get lucky sooner or later. Through the Guesting system, you can travel to another server that has things cleared. Just remember that as a UK player, you’re probably on one of the EU servers. You can only Guest to other EU servers, so that does limit your options.

As to those specific temples, they’ve always been hard and Balthazar is notoriously buggy. To make things worse, the major patch last week buffed up the trash mob difficulty at the various god temples. From all of the various posts in a couple of the Dynamic Event complaint threads, the Grenth wraith mobs got super buffed and their AoE effects were constantly killing people in a single hit. It’s more than a little insane right now. While I still do see the Grenth thread being occasionally updated, a lot of people are having serious problems with clearing this temple.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Balth has been done nightly on Gunnars Hold for a bit now and usually goes w/o a hitch if you are looking for somewhere to guest

Posted by: JustCurious.3457

JustCurious.3457

Balth has been done nightly on Gunnars Hold for a bit now and usually goes w/o a hitch if you are looking for somewhere to guest

^ This the guild I’m in runs Balth every day at 8pm GMT on Gunnar’s Hold.
Sometimes we do the other temples, mainly Lyssa or Dwayna, occasionally we might do Grenth too though it requires more coordination than the others and tends to fail more often recently.

Classes: Guardian, Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Engineer, Herald

(edited by JustCurious.3457)

Randulf.7614

If it’s your guild getting the runs going regularly, then pass on my thanks to the organisers. Had some great fun there recently, plus it’s good to see runs organised after so long seeing it ignored.

Posted by: Hairy.6547

Hairy.6547

Thanks for the replies everyone, been a great help.

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

this site
http://www.gw2dragons.com/guesting.html#/temples

lists all the servers and temples to make guesting on a different server to get merchants quick and easy (I just used it to get stuff from balth the other day)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

this site
http://www.gw2dragons.com/guesting.html#/temples

lists all the servers and temples to make guesting on a different server to get merchants quick and easy (I just used it to get stuff from balth the other day)

Hmm, great idea, but…

A large number of the temples have not been updated since two days ago, some two months ago. As of right now, only 1 temple is shown as open within the last two hours.

Randulf.7614

Balth open on Gunnars