Grenth event is WAY! overpowered

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fuzakal.6432

Fuzakal.6432

what the heck have you done to the guild wars 2 ?
The AoE of the boss is way overpowered when it comes to this LOOK
a lot of AoEs and not only that the damage of it is insane. Many players died also we are over 20+ players.

The AoE is not even 5secs long, it just keep on spamming. I don’t know if it’s bug or not but once he AoE on the ground we were floating in the air then drop with a lot of damage.

It’s like a punishment for us going back to a nearby waypoint cost a silver and repairs that we have to make constantly.
if it’s for the sake of having fun then IT"S NOT!

Attachments:

(edited by Fuzakal.6432)

Posted by: Drabstanator.4803

Drabstanator.4803

Fully agree with this post, ever since the January 28 update (or there abouts) I have not seen Grenth defeated once. I have tried approximately 10 times, with groups varying from 10-40 people.

Here I am waiting to get the armour of Grenth with 240k Karma… it’s really frustrating. I actually think I will have a full dungeon set before Grenth is downed.

And its frustrating watching all the other temples that are easy constantly being completed, with the merchants chilling, offering their exotics with terrible stats.

This needs to be fixed. Either make the other temples harder, or make Grenth easier, so at least within 10 tries I can get my armour. Its almost making me want to quit the game.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Fine as it is.

No need to turn everything into easy-mode! It’s a hard difficulty event, where maybe there is more than the usual “zerg 123 – dead”.

I know for sure it has been done in SFR several times!

Cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Yay, something is actually challenging ingame, and now people are crying to nerf it.

Anet should turn all the risen into epic-loot-dropping bunnies. Maybe then people would be happy.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Yay, something is actually challenging ingame, and now people are crying to nerf it.

Anet should turn all the risen into epic-loot-dropping bunnies. Maybe then people would be happy.

Of cause they do what do you expect from them? Accepting changes in the game?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Churros.7196

Churros.7196

actually i think they nerfed it.. the falling portal doesnt teleport you to all the way up to the ceiling anymore.

It’s more than doable currently

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Did it the other day on Blackgate with my level 78 guardian, absolutely no problems. We probably had around 15-20 people doing it. The AOE’s are pretty easy to dodge out of and the only thing that caught me by surprise were the portals that teleport you into the air. After I figured out what they were, they were easy to avoid. I didn’t see anything that screamed unbalanced.

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I’ll pay for MORE “overpowered” encounters !

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

I don’t get it.
People were complaining about the PvE too easy and not challenging.
You have one event a bit challenging and still complaining…
Make your mind forums

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

I don’t get it.
Make your mind forums

It’s amazing how some people believe that forums are some sort of hive-mind. No, there are different opinions here as well…

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Biggest problem would be the drops.
I haven’t completed it myself yet, but if the drops aren’t worth the increased difficulty, then there’s nothing to motivate going through it after the first couple of times for fun.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

Threads created for the sake of complaining are not allowed as they do not invite to constructive discussion. Please refrain from creating such threads in the future.

Therefore this one is now closed.