Griefing Item

Griefing Item

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

There is an item that someone is using to bounce people around and light them on fire waiting around for kitten. Whatever it is, it really needs to go.

Griefing Item

Posted by: Vajra.3914

Vajra.3914

Could u be more specific? Like, can u add some screnshot of the act, becuse right now I don’t even know where this is happening…

Griefing Item

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Are you sure you weren’t in Costume Brawl by mistake?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

Are you sure you weren’t in Costume Brawl by mistake?

Definitely not. Just standing around with my rifle waiting for kitten.

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

Could u be more specific? Like, can u add some screnshot of the act, becuse right now I don’t even know where this is happening…

I’ll try to next time.

I’m standing on my favorite place on the rock, lots of other people are around, saying all the nasty things that people say in chat. Just ignore it and try to keep an eye out for tells or group invites and what not.

Next thing I know, I get hit, bounced in the air off my spot, on fire, and end up maybe 2-3 body lengths away? Like being griefed by a Jormag bomb, but it’s not that.

I ‘thought’ once I saw a flaming, targetable small pterodactyl looking thing in the area when it happened as well. Maybe somewhere between a mini pet and Asuran in size?

I stand around there all the time, and the only mobs in the area are the dogs and the electric ball things. There are things that walk up and down an alley ‘behind’ where we stand, and attack roaming guards, but they are pretty far away, and I don’t recall them having attacks like that? I suppose it’s possible someone is kiting mobs over from other places, but it would have to be a pretty far kite.

It happens like 1/10 times I’m there, and when it happens, it happens over and over again, until I ask what is causing that, and then it mysteriously stops and no one says anything about it, which makes me think it’s something that someone figured out how to use to be annoying and no one is talking about it for fear of having it removed from the game. :p

Griefing Item

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

What map?
15 character limit text

Server: Devona’s Rest

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

What map?
15 character limit text

It’s at Shat? Where everyone stands on the rocks off to the side? So Lowland Burns in Blazeridge Steppes?

Griefing Item

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Hmm. I can’t think of any native foes in that area that have knockbacks.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Griefing Item

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Isn’t that those electric balls added with that past LS episode? Gee, I forget their name.

Ahh…Spectral Flames from Plan of Attack.

Spectral Flames spawn; these enemies move slowly, but are invulnerable, and their explosions cause Burning for a long time, as well as heavy damage and launch.’

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Griefing Item

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

You need WAY more detail…is this even in PvE? What map…what rock…what’s the closest waypoint?

Griefing Item

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Isn’t that those electric balls added with that past LS episode? Gee, I forget their name.

My money is on this. It’s probably like, Spectral Flame or something. They pop up out of nowhere and you can’t really do anything about them.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Griefing Item

Posted by: SonOfJacob.7396

SonOfJacob.7396

My money is on this. It’s probably like, Spectral Flame or something. They pop up out of nowhere and you can’t really do anything about them.

You guys mean this? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire_Cleansing#Achievements

(edited by SonOfJacob.7396)

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

Those balls have been there forever.

I ran out there, to get some names. Fought 3 different Branded Charr, let them knock on me a bit. No knock back, knock down, no burning. As I’m typing this, I’m letting a Branded Rock Dog and Branded Spark attack me standing where I like to stand. They don’t knock down or light on fire. They can’t even seem to hurt me.

The ‘Branded Spark’ is what I was calling the blue ball things.

This is where it’s at. PvE, by kitten. I guess if you don’t do kitten, you wouldn’t know where it’s at, but that’s where it’s at. That’s why I wasn’t more specific, sorry about that.

kitten – Shatterer, didn’t feel like typing that out. Guess William Shatner’s nick name here would be ‘The Kitten’ as well. :|

(edited by notebene.3190)

Griefing Item

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

Im guessing you get damage or interrupt? if that the case you can see the source by going to chat tab options , check combat , then click arrow to the right of that option to select sub options. there is a list of incoming and out going damage/interrupts. check all the incoming options. You may want to make a separate combat chat tab if you dont already so as to not clutter up the other chat tabs. this will show the source of what ever is hitting you.

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Griefing Item

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Yes, it is those things. They also appear around the area of the Shatterer, among other places, I’m sure. Been that way since that episode came out.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

You guys mean this? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Foefire_Cleansing#Achievements

The areas covered by that don’t seem to cover where I’m at.

But, is there some sort of buff/debuff that people get on them that they ‘bring’ to any open event like that and anyone with that on them causes the things to appear and start lighting people on fire and knocking them down?

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

Im guessing you get damage or interrupt? if that the case you can see the source by going to chat tab options , check combat , then click arrow to the right of that option to select sub options. there is a list of incoming and out going damage/interrupts. check all the incoming options. You may want to make a separate combat chat tab if you dont already so as to not clutter up the other chat tabs. this will show the source of what ever is hitting you.

That’s a good idea, I’ll just set up a tab for that to see if I can’t identify it next time. Thanks.

I’m standing there now, and no flames are coming out of the ground attacking me. I’ve been there for 20 minutes. If it is those Foefire Flame things, they don’t appear every time. Like I said, maybe 1 in 10 times I’m there it happens?

I’m wondering of there is some sort of de-buff you get from doing one of those activities in another area that lasts for a period of time and draws them out?

Griefing Item

notebene.3190

Yeah, that’s what it is, just confirmed it using the combat log.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for not providing enough information up front.

Annoying, but not much I can do about the Devs grieving me.