Group Invite Spam

Group Invite Spam

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Been getting group invite spammed today on my level 20ish warrior. Someone told me to join because you get more loot that way.

Is that true? Please tell me that’s not true, because if it is, what is the point of getting rid of the lame grouping requirements that make other MMOs so annoying? It’s bad enough I need to group for more loot and badges in WvW, but really, in PVE, too?

I hope these people don’t know what they’re talking about. Meanwhile, autoblocking group invite. If I wanted standard MMO fair, I’d play a different MMO.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Group Invite Spam

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

That’s how it is in this game. To stand a chance in Orr for loot you need to group. It’d be nice if they expanded group size to about 40 or so, that way everyone gets credit for all loot.

Group Invite Spam

Posted by: monepipi.5160

monepipi.5160

You dont get more loot per mob, its just that a group of players can plow through more mobs faster. I’ve never felt the need to group up with strangers when I was leveling, and it’s perfectly fine.

Farming in Orr is endgame work for legendaries. You dont have to participate if you don’t want to. You can farm solo in Orr if you wish.

Group Invite Spam

Corvindi.5734

You dont get more loot per mob, its just that a group of players can plow through more mobs faster. I’ve never felt the need to group up with strangers when I was leveling, and it’s perfectly fine.

Farming in Orr is endgame work for legendaries. You dont have to participate if you don’t want to. You can farm solo in Orr if you wish.

Thanks, hope you are correct and nothing has changed. That’s how I’d always thought it was, too, which is why the invite spam annoyed me, I thought they’d decided to nerf loot for those of us who play teamless while doing DEs and hearts with other players. I have no problem roaming with others, but I really hate stopping what I’m doing to accept a team invite from someone I don’t even know.

~ArenaNet

Group Invite Spam

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Another angle to this: I’ve heard that bots are now spamming group invites to try to cover their activities. The examples I read about were in Cursed Shore, but conceivably, this could be happening anywhere in the game. Just be mindful of this possibility and avoid grouping if it looks suspicious.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Group Invite Spam

Corvindi.5734

Another angle to this: I’ve heard that bots are now spamming group invites to try to cover their activities. The examples I read about were in Cursed Shore, but conceivably, this could be happening anywhere in the game. Just be mindful of this possibility and avoid grouping if it looks suspicious.

Well, the last ones who invited weren’t bots, anyway. But thanks for the warning, Hopefully I can auto-refuse invites, if not, I’ll just ignore the little pester icon. No offense to anyone who just likes grouping, but one of the best things about GW2 is that I don’t have to!

~ArenaNet

Group Invite Spam

Posted by: Krimpton.4879

Krimpton.4879

The problem i found today while having a little farm in Orr is if you don’t join a group from the spam messages all you get in drops is the amazing porous bones.
If anything at all..
I was running around like a lunatic trying to tag mobs for some damage at Plinx event and the tunnel event’s but just couldn’t do it.
Single person versus 2 + groups = zero rewards in drops as far as i can see.
I eventually gave up of course and moved to wandering solo on another lower level map. { at least i wont get banned as a bot LOL }

Group Invite Spam

monepipi.5160

Yea, grouping with strangers when leveling is just awkwaaaard. I don’t like making small talk. I play to relax. But boss chests and loot are all personal, so there isn’t any absolute need to group up. You don’t need a party to fully participate in any event. Unless you hit end game and you want to eke out that little extra efficiency in farming. But of course, that’s everyone’s own decision.

Group Invite Spam

monepipi.5160

The problem i found today while having a little farm in Orr is if you don’t join a group from the spam messages all you get in drops is the amazing porous bones.
If anything at all..
I was running around like a lunatic trying to tag mobs for some damage at Plinx event and the tunnel event’s but just couldn’t do it.
Single person versus 2 + groups = zero rewards in drops as far as i can see.
I eventually gave up of course and moved to wandering solo on another lower level map. { at least i wont get banned as a bot LOL }

If you’re doing solo, I wouldn’t recommend going Plinx , because its going to be frustrating due to the sheer amount of people. Going for a smaller event somewhere else on the map would reward you far, far more.