Gryffin and Spider mounts removal[PoF]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Greetings Tyrians,

As I was comment on another thread, which mount I was looking forward to.

The one and only mount I was looking forward to was the Gryffin, (Owl-looking flying(?) Mount) as can be seen in some leaks videos.
I’ve also read that there was 2nd removed mount aswell, the Spider mount.

Why was these removed?! The Gryffin and the Spider would be so much better and cooler…. than a giant bunny or a Raptor……..

If this is requested enough by the playerbase, will ANet consider to re-add these mounts again?
For those who somehow dislikes Gryffins or Spiders, just dont use them. Let us who likes then use them! Everyone will be happy!!

Attachments:

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Expansion is not released yet, and by definition something cannot be removed that was never in a playable version of the game. They can also at any time add things that the player base is 100% sure has been removed or not as they see fit.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

We have no idea if they were “removed” or if they will be available either in game or in the gem store as mount skins.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Cool, today is August 25th, release of expansion is September 22. Not released yet.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’m going to point out that the ‘just don’t use them’ argument is mildly invalid considering Anet has designed each mount with a specific purpose that is ‘necessary’ in some instances. Raptor’s long leap vs Rabbit’s high leap for example. They aren’t interchangeable if you need that functionality. Granted we don’t know what the Griffin or the Spider would have had, but given the design as it stands, that sort of makes the argument moot.

Additionally, there isn’t anything saying we won’t see these mounts come into the game later on. Like, Season 4 for instance. We may yet see them.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

Although they aren’t scheduled to be in the initial release, we don’t know if they’ll appear later or be skins for sale, as others said. I would LOVE that Gryffin mount but vote no on the giant spider. That would creep me out to see a bunch of them scuttling around in-game.

Posted by: Jwake.7013

Jwake.7013

It’s funny how people are saying to bring them back when they were never there in the first place. Also how does anyone know they are being scrapped and not moved to another part of the game or story down the road? Kinda silly to see an outcry over data-mind stuff that was decided purely internally to be changed before it was ever brought to the public imo. Anet never announced something and then took it away, so I see no problem here.

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

there are way bigger and angrier spiders or a huge amount of them, but riding one is not okay? you can even tame one as a ranger but this is too spoopy? i am extremely disappointed in Anet. Obviously not appealing to arachnophobes (just think about arah), but riding a friendly one isn’t okay for some reason. This is silly. Think of all the steep cliffs with no POIs on top you could have climbed.
On the other hand, i have no idea how a gryffin mount would add to the movement options. Flying wouldn’t be okay according to a bunch of comments on the forum.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Posted by: Witch of Doom.5739

Witch of Doom.5739

there are way bigger and angrier spiders or a huge amount of them, but riding one is not okay? you can even tame one as a ranger but this is too spoopy? i am extremely disappointed in Anet. Obviously not appealing to arachnophobes (just think about arah), but riding a friendly one isn’t okay for some reason. This is silly. Think of all the steep cliffs with no POIs on top you could have climbed.
On the other hand, i have no idea how a gryffin mount would add to the movement options. Flying wouldn’t be okay according to a bunch of comments on the forum.

I didn’t say that spider mounts weren’t “okay” or that no one should have them if they want them. I just wouldn’t like one or like to see them in the game. Personal preference. My ranger tamed spiders for pets to be a completionist but never has one active because I find them creepy. As always, YMMV.

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

??? They did not reveal flying mount and I hope it will stay as it is or I quit :o wtf no flying mounts, are you stupid people?
‘Just don’t use them’ pfff
I’d say: ‘Just don’t ask for such a silly, stupid things that will certainly 100% break the game’

Pifil.5193

Additionally, there isn’t anything saying we won’t see these mounts come into the game later on. Like, Season 4 for instance. We may yet see them.

That would be great, a season 4 episode with a flying mount.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Somehow I just don’t see it as actually flying. For assorted reasons. But maybe it glides in a new way.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

From what I heard, the Gryphon would double-jump. I was hyped for it, because I love catbirds (And thus play a Golden Winged Charr) – but it may have been cut if its alleged movement skill – Double-Jump and Glide – renders other movement skills (Notably, Raptor and Jackal) obsolete.

Pifil.5193

Somehow I just don’t see it as actually flying. For assorted reasons. But maybe it glides in a new way.

Maybe, or they could be used in some kind of “main event” where you’re fighting from griffin back against hordes of winged enemies.

Anyway, I’d say most would agree that if the models exist then it’d be a shame if they’re not used somehow.

Posted by: Nayukhuut.4269

Nayukhuut.4269

They will likely be for sale in the gem store later on. Similar to what they do with gliders now. I love that griffon too, and would adore getting my hands on it eventually. I don’t think it’s a flying mount though, as people are suggesting. I think it’s more likely that it might be a hybrid. A mount that functions as a mount, but also functions as a glider.

Posted by: tairneanach.8427

tairneanach.8427

there are way bigger and angrier spiders or a huge amount of them, but riding one is not okay? you can even tame one as a ranger but this is too spoopy?

Can’t speak for all arachnophobes, but when I’m fighting spiders, I focus on my character, the skill bar, aoes and stuff, not the mob I’m fighting. Rangers having spiders out usually don’t register with me because they’re drowned in the rest of the players.

Having to stare at a spider to get to places I couldn’t otherwise get to would be a huge problem, though, so I’m thankful the mount’s not going to be in the game. Depending on its size, having other people ride up to me on one constantly could also prevent me from playing.

So yeah, a spider mount would be too “spoopy”.

Posted by: JohnnyJHB.7360

JohnnyJHB.7360

OK, that made me a bit uncomfortable. Can understand that people who have spider issues would be seriously creeped out by that. lol

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

We have no idea if they were “removed” or if they will be available either in game or in the gem store as mount skins.

Anyone who didn’t think we’d get Day 1 DLC will be in for a sad surprise.

At least we get 4 really nice mounts this time rather than one ratty glider. Much less painful this go around.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…