Guardian Hammer Skills

Guardian Hammer Skills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HEXCOCK.1860

HEXCOCK.1860

Hey everyone ^^

I just joined forum community, and I want to share some problems about guardian hammer skills (of course these are my opinions ). Well I really like to see hammer on guardians especially my Norn Guardian. That’s why I crafted legendary hammer Juggernaut. But there are problem about skills.

1- The third attack of the 1st skill waits too much before hit to ground. Well its a really nice skill but takes too much time.
2- When we look at the warrior’s hammer skills, guardian’s hammer skills are nothing… (as I said instead of warrior’s hammer skills). Area stun, crowd control skills , fast moving they all in warrior’s. But guardians can only use 5th skill to take the control of area and that circle is really small. (Well, sometimes it is good to kill your enemy ^^ )

Some of ppl will say that “You crafted Juggernaut, and u think that u waste your money, that’s why you want to change these skills”. Well, I can obviously say , it is not about wasting money I have lot of money and have nice legendaries . BTW Juggernaut is my 2nd favorite legendary , that’s why I crafted it

I really care your opinions and thanks for your answers ^^

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Skill 1 is almost continuous protection when used over and over. Plus if you use skill 2 after all of #1 have hit, you get a decent amount of retaliation.

I thought the same as you at first, then I played with the hammer builds properly and saw the combos and found a lot of strength in the weapon that isn’t as obvious on first glance

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: MHE Tiger.4875

MHE Tiger.4875

I agree that I rarely use hammer #5 and I think that even though it’s another combo field, it isn’t feasible to use in PvP.

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

You have an immob that will hit 5 targets in it’s path. A serious knockback, and a ring of warding. In addition you have a blast and your auto gives out protection along with decent damage.

The 2-5 skills aren’t used all the time like many other weapons but their power applied in the right situation is surely there.

As for a faster auto, you’d have to nerf the damage to compensate as it’s already a powerful weapon. This would have some issues as a big reason the hammer is nice is the hard hits, sure you might miss some hits or have them blocked but when you land one it hurts. On top of that the last swing is laying down a sweet field with the protection and damage and yeah it’s nice.

I can understand your frustrations, it’s just that overall it’s still a nice weapon and changing it IMO wouldn’t necessarily make it better.

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

Before all this discussion on hammer guard, which should belong to guardian sub forum.

I am just curious, how did OP manage to get a juggernaut before he realized hammer doesn’t fit his play style? I mean, you can always test hammer skills with a blue/green hammer.

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Hammer may be a good warrior weapon in PvP modes, but in PvE it doesn’t even come close to the guardian one. Slow autoattack may seem an issue in the beginning, but after you’ll get used to it you will realize how useful a weapon it is.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guardian Hammer Skills

HEXCOCK.1860

Before all this discussion on hammer guard, which should belong to guardian sub forum.

I am just curious, how did OP manage to get a juggernaut before he realized hammer doesn’t fit his play style? I mean, you can always test hammer skills with a blue/green hammer.

As I said before mate, I crafted juggernaut because of I like it. I have lot of gold and legendaries. I just asking these skills are unsuitable sometimes because of slow motions. I tested many times hammer skills with another blue green items ^^

Guardian Hammer Skills

HEXCOCK.1860

You have an immob that will hit 5 targets in it’s path. A serious knockback, and a ring of warding. In addition you have a blast and your auto gives out protection along with decent damage.

The 2-5 skills aren’t used all the time like many other weapons but their power applied in the right situation is surely there.

As for a faster auto, you’d have to nerf the damage to compensate as it’s already a powerful weapon. This would have some issues as a big reason the hammer is nice is the hard hits, sure you might miss some hits or have them blocked but when you land one it hurts. On top of that the last swing is laying down a sweet field with the protection and damage and yeah it’s nice.

I can understand your frustrations, it’s just that overall it’s still a nice weapon and changing it IMO wouldn’t necessarily make it better.

Thanks for your answer ^^ I really like 2nd skill , as you said it is very powerful skill. Also like 3rd and 4th skills but without judge’s intervention 5th skill very slow in pvp also wvw. The 3rd attack of 1st skill very nice and very useful but very slow too

Guardian Hammer Skills

HEXCOCK.1860

Skill 1 is almost continuous protection when used over and over. Plus if you use skill 2 after all of #1 have hit, you get a decent amount of retaliation.

I thought the same as you at first, then I played with the hammer builds properly and saw the combos and found a lot of strength in the weapon that isn’t as obvious on first glance

Thank you for answer, maybe I should get used to hammer combos more ^^

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Thanks for your answer ^^ I really like 2nd skill , as you said it is very powerful skill. Also like 3rd and 4th skills but without judge’s intervention 5th skill very slow in pvp also wvw. The 3rd attack of 1st skill very nice and very useful but very slow too

Aye, certainly some limitations, but again, that hard hitting damage is kind of what makes the hammer a nice options in some situations.

As a mainly PVE players I love the rings, works wonders against say Warriors in Ascalonian fractal. Tag them, turn a corner and line up the ring to have it’s edge right at that corner and they all fall on their faces as they try to turn the corner to chase. Still nice with JI as you mentioned in PVP though.

That long third swing is troubesome at times, but the perma protection it offers with writ of persistance in PVE is kind of the focal point of the weapon. If they lowered the damage or duration of the symbol it’d lose it’s place, so I’m not really a fan of that option.

Just like GS isn’t really all that great for warriors in PVP (not terrible, but not all that great) but it’s the best in PVE hands down. Some things are just better suited in different places.

One neat thing though, is the way the third auto will repeat if you miss. You can get the first two hits on something, then start running to a new target you’ll whiff the third hit, but then start swinging again, in that long time you can line up another target and get it to land on them. It’s kinda nice when you can do that, you have a lot of time to line up that target if you can find yourself in that position.

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

That long cast time is actually a blessing in disguise. With careful timing you can actually use a skill out of the auto chain (eg, immobilize) and then hardcast the third auto-chain before it fizzles back to the start.

(i actually logged my guard in just now to make sure this was still the case)

you have to skillqueue the third chain before it reverts, so if you use a skill that disrupts the queue (hammer #2) then it won’t work

edit: it’s a lot more hit-and-miss than i remember. I can’t tell if something has changed or if i’m just out of practice)

(edited by Narrrz.7532)

Guardian Hammer Skills

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I agree that I rarely use hammer #5 and I think that even though it’s another combo field, it isn’t feasible to use in PvP.

I like using #5 in WvW in front of doors.