Guardian or Elementalist

Guardian or Elementalist

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: HEADSHOT.9782

HEADSHOT.9782

I just made an Elementalist and I have been enjoying him a lot. But I also have a Guardian at level 45 and want to get him to 80. Should I main my Elementalist and come back to my Guardian later or stick with the Guardian to level 80?

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

You should grind 8 profession at all t imes

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: HEADSHOT.9782

HEADSHOT.9782

It cots $30 to get enough character slots.

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Kalaster.9014

Kalaster.9014

I would say, stick with the class you like the most. and if you cant decide, lvl your Gaurdian first to 80, that way your at lvl 80 sooner, so when your bored and got nothing to do, have some fun and lvl your elementalist

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

After a while they all feel the same tbh.

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

I just made an Elementalist and I have been enjoying him a lot. But I also have a Guardian at level 45 and want to get him to 80. Should I main my Elementalist and come back to my Guardian later or stick with the Guardian to level 80?

If you have Ele down and understand the build at level 80 and are willing to die a lot- then stick with Ele

Otherwise, get Guardian to 80 and learn all the dungeons and do some 100% zone clears so you can easily gear up your Ele… an undergeared Ele is a lot worse than an undergeared Guardian.

I have both Guardian and Ele at 80 and love playing them both, but the Ele sure was more frustrating until i got better gear and switched builds several times.

Guardian is easier but both Ele and Guardian are great fun, imo

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Shlamorel.8714

Shlamorel.8714

Do whatever is most fun to you. Really try them both.

Both have pros and cons. They have similarities and many, many differences.

Your question may be more easily answered if you know (and wanna share) exactly what your ideal role is in a small/large group.

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Fortuna.7259

Fortuna.7259

Both are good classes. Guardian is generally easier (especially soloing in the world) and has very valuable dungeon skills. Elementalist is good if you want to nuke in WvW, but imo are trickier to play.

LF2M Max Ascended Only!

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: tasaunders.3746

tasaunders.3746

My main used to be an elementalist and while I still like the character, I prefer my guardian now. For me it came down to the amount of micromanagement I had to do for attunement dancing, vs. standing my ground and making things die. It really comes down to what your style of play is and what you like doing.

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: Citrus Finale.8621

Citrus Finale.8621

I have a guardian and ele both on lvl80 for some time now.
With the guardian you can have more “oops” and the game is wat slower, while with the ele you don’t have “oops” moments because when you have that your simply dead. Also the play style of the ele is faster then the guardian (D/D ele that is).

Both classes are great and you can’t really compare them to each other. But if you want to do alot of PVE i say stick to the guardian. If you want to do WvW then go for ele.

Guardian or Elementalist

Posted by: SkipOne.8430

SkipOne.8430

Well I think if u go zerging in wvw, the ele would be better. But for Solo playing in wvw or playing in smaler groups the guardian is way better then the ele, if u play him like a bunker. For Pve the ele can be realy helpful, if u dont go full berserk.
I think both are greate in pve and most ppl dont know how helpful the aoe from ele can be in dungeons.