Guardian or Warrior?

Guardian or Warrior?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: NeykoSama.5031

NeykoSama.5031

Hello ~ I wonder if this is the correct place to post this.. (First time)

Anyways, wanted to ask what are your thoughts on Guardian vs Warrior class?

I’m looking to main one of this 2 classes, and I want to know their strength in both pve and wvw (not so much on pvp). Main goal is to farm dungeons and stuff on pve, and for wvw mainly zerging.

I’ve already played both classes but that was a year ago. With all the changes and stuff, which class would actually be better? What are your opinions? (:

Thanks.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

Guardian has good active defenses — blind, shield, etc., but you have to use the skills properly to take full advantage of it and know when to give boons to your teammates.

Warrior has higher hit points and can take more punishment. It has a straight-up fight and dodge playstyle. Still, a phalanx strength build is very effective in dungeons.

I wasn’t too impressed with dragonhunter (though bow does allow you to play a ranged guardian, if that’s what you want). However, the berserker allows you to do a burst attack every couple of seconds for the duration. It’s still not as effective at spike damage as other classes, but you can pour out a lot of damage while raging this way. Also, the torch allows you to make a burning build instead of straight-up power, if that’s what you want.

So, it’s going to come down to preferred playstyle.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: bLind.6278

bLind.6278

Don’t play warrior. It’s easily the worst class in the game in PvP thanks to ANet phoning in its elite spec, WvW included. The class offers virtually no meaningful survivability in the way that nearly every other class has. In PvE, you’re primarily a buff-bot with above-average DPS, taken for your ability to stack might for the rest of your group.

The catch is that the runes needed to effectively run that build will cost roughly 14gold EACH.

If you ever plan to branch out, broaden your horizons, whatever, don’t do it on a warrior. ANet has pretty much written the class off in HoT, gave some courtesy buffs designed to encourage f2p players to purchase HoT (they literally only buffed the elite spec when the entire class is garbage, if that’s not transparent then I don’t know what is), and haven’t so much as acknowledged warriors since.

Again, if it were between Guardian and Warrior, pick Guardian. If it were between ANY class and warrior, just don’t pick warrior.

One foot out the door, yet again.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: isux.8940

isux.8940

Dont listen to them. Warrior is not bad. If you are good, you can 1v3 in PVP easy even with warrior.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

no, listen to them, warrior is in a terrible spot right now. Its had a crooked crown on for years but now its broken and theres no rubies in it. Guardian has always been in a good spot as well, but right now Dragon hunter is an absolute monster

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Dont listen to them. Warrior is not bad. If you are good, you can 1v3 in PVP easy even with warrior.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Warriors are in bad spot at the moment in PvP/WvW. If you want to face impossible challenge play a warrior. In PvE, any class is great and it doesn’t matter really BUT while farming stuffs (like Cursed Shore) guardians are WAAAAAAAY better than a warrior because of their staff skill #1.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Azzumy.7685

Azzumy.7685

When using farming as argument, warrior has acces to 2 leaps (sword 1 and bull rush) and 2 charges (greatsword). PvE wise both are in a very good spot and have similar damage. Guardian can support with stability and healing breeze, Warrior can support with might and banners.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Hawke.1094

Hawke.1094

I’m a main warrior, and trust me on this: pick guardian.

Guardian is better in PvP hands down and can be arguably somewhat better in PvE, especially as a dragonhunter. The only reason ppl want warrior over guardian in PvE is because of the damage buff, so most ppl want only 1 warrior in a party. If you do hight level content, you’ll occasionally see " NO MORE WAR" in the LFG system.

although, on the bright side, warrior is more fun to play than guardian.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

To those complaining about Warriors. Thief says hi.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Goldrock.9076

Goldrock.9076

both great classes if you know how to use them people seem to forget it about skill.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

If you want to raid go warrior. Otherwise go guardian.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Alicornus.7095

Alicornus.7095

A well played warrior is useful both in PvE and WvW. Don’t ask for the moon while playing the class, but a competent warrior gets the job done and that’s usually everything you and your fellow players need in both game modes and unless you play a DPS warrior in WvW it’s also rather easy to pull off.
In WvW it’s not a fantastic class outside of the zerg, but if you actually know what you’re doing, you’ll find enough players picking the wrong fight when they decided to challenge you, therefore no sweat. You have to bite the bullet by times, but that’s life.

The guardian offers more support and flexibility at the cost of requiring a lot more active defense which is not easy in a game doing a poor job telegraphing attacks by times. If you face a lot of standard situations, for example in dungeons or fractals, you’re safe by simply playing the content over and over, but outside of that it can be frustrating to play a berserker guardian in melee range.
In WvW the guardian is the backbone of a zerg and always sought after, whether you play with the offense or the defense.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Guardian hands down.

Warriors have been shafted and recently joined Thieves at the “special kids” table.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Tora.7214

Tora.7214

Why not revenant?

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Thief is still good for the open world with marauder and some zealot gear, haven’t done my warrior in awhile except as a weaponsmith to craft wood and ingots to save money for finishing my ascended light gloves and shoulders.

I run this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAsYVn8lCdPhFPBeOBkmildCbLAUbmAcngNQJY+A+AvgA-TxDBQBGRJV1UqcGlgS4JAkQ1AAwhAAVaCUlqEmRZAN2fIRaByjOgUohQhqsEgTAQAgDAuOAA-e

The idea is to have some healing for shadow refuge in the open world but especially with channeled vigor. I sometimes switch to basilisk venom or in some very special situations dagger storm, but I don’t like that one except when farming because everything all of a sudden wants to focus me, can’t get the full benefit of the skill if I’m down before the charge ends.

With the daredevil elite on the other hand some mobs can move when its going through its phases, the idea is to wait for their interrupts then use the skill. Problem being here though is they die before getting to that point since they’re somehow allergic to interrupting no cooldown autoattacks or even some weapon skills.

Runes of the eagle are there so if the enemy goes under 50% HP their chances of recovering are less due to my DPS boost. I don’t really go conditions except the occasional poison field and bleed spam in Silverwaste, those accessories were earned in LS 2 chapters 5-8, I intend on replacing them with some marauder and maybe a zealot or crusader trinket, marauder amulet then give my ascended triforge to my ele then give my sinister stuff to my guardian since he’ll make more out of burn.

Since we’re talking guardian here’s mine:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAseWl8AhWhYzQwQIQTEHxDVNA2y61uB3bKkXxXMGB-TxiFAB0oEaYlMwt/gmKFqSJ4/KDA4BAcvaG3pN4MdA4raCA-e

I’m not on guardian much but the idea is having good group support while also getting decent power and burning damage. Sword and shield is for interrupting and shadowstepping while staff is for support and tagging. Marauder and crusader once again team up (though this time with more than one crusader piece since guardian makes more of the stats than thief) since they compliment each other well without the damage hit one would take with full celestial.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Heimdallr.7021

Heimdallr.7021

LOL ok, if those 3 people are without arms.

norn warrior

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: yanoch.7051

yanoch.7051

Wait are we to the point of skilled warrior get the job done? Are warrior finally a skill based class? Warr needs nerf thens!!! They don’t get right now that warrior to be successful we have to work hard and have a very good knowledge of other class. When right now some elite spec are very easy to pick and play.

https://youtu.be/mxMm0hz2_d0?t=37m47s

38m24… He take a dumb voice…

Heiann – NSP

Guardian or Warrior?

yanoch.7051

Guardian hands down.

Warriors have been shafted and recently joined Thieves at the “special kids” table.

Thief and warrior are Muggle. We can’t use magic.

Heiann – NSP

Guardian or Warrior?

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Guardian hands down.

What about shadowstep and shadow refuge? Rampage also seems like a magical transformation, then there are the shouts and self-healing and banners.

Guardian or Warrior?

yanoch.7051

Guardian hands down.

What about shadowstep and shadow refuge? Rampage also seems like a magical transformation, then there are the shouts and self-healing and banners.

No idea but worth a thought :P Engineer are also Muggles but use technology.

Rampage is just like nerd rage. Banners and shouts are just inspirational symbol and speeches, signets are blessing from the gods.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet

Shadow step and refuge is just their super ability to hide.

If some heroes can punch and run to make portal through space and time they could also make it work in a videogame.

Heiann – NSP

(edited by yanoch.7051)