Guess SAB isn't happening =(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaG.5103

DaG.5103

Don’t get me wrong, Bobbleheads were awesome and I got some great screens.

I just had this faint hope that SAB would finally be back again. It made so much sense – 6 months after the last update, 1 year after the inception, update day fell on April Fool’s day…it seemed so obvious. But I guess they have been so focused on other updates that it’s not ready yet. =(

My wife and I were really looking forward to running through the next world and advancing our Applied Jumping degrees. I suppose we will have to keep waiting…

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Who here is going to be super pumped if SAB appears tomorrow after Patch?

I cannot wait for to do more new Tribulation levels. (Yes, I am one of those terrible people who enjoyed Tribulation mode.)

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Unlike the previous times there’s no indication that they’ll do SAB again this April 1st. Even though I was really hoping fur it
If it happens though I’ll be super happy!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Not a peep out of Lord Vanquish.

https://twitter.com/Lord_Vanquish

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

…so I can get my red weapons, that’d be great

Attachments:

Mirta.5029

I just want sab back.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Moto has turned Moto G.

he will no longer appear in SAB….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I hope there won’t be any more sab, it just doesn’t fit gw2’s universe and gameplay…

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

I hope there won’t be any more sab, it just doesn’t fit gw2’s universe and gameplay…

How in the world doesn’t it fit? I’m sure that Asura would be able to create a VR game… Just because we human’s can’t yet (granted we have oculus rift) doesn’t mean Asura can’t.

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

(edited by Vystirch.3418)

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

How in the world doesn’t it fit? I’m sure that Asura would be able to create a VR game… Just because we human’s can’t yet (granted we have oculus rift) doesn’t mean Asura can’t.

Wait, SAB is turning into Facebook?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

New update: Commanders must get at least 100 “Likes” from their followers every night or lose their Commander tag (and have to repurchase it).

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

New update: Commanders must get at least 100 “Likes” from their followers every night or lose their Commander tag (and have to repurchase it).

So you’re forced to lead every night? Even when you don’t have time to play? Sounds great!

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

This just in: you cant buy things from Moto right now! the option just doesnt exist. coincidence?! i think not!

Attachments:

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I agree with this statement and to add 8 BIT GRAPHICS is soooooooooooo 1970’s(this is the 21st century, wake up guys) and FUGLY as hell.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

This just in: you cant buy things from Moto right now! the option just doesnt exist. coincidence?! i think not!

nope, can’t buy stuff from him for months now….

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

I agree with this statement and to add 8 BIT GRAPHICS is soooooooooooo 1970’s(this is the 21st century, wake up guys) and FUGLY as hell.

Well, that’s just like your opinion, man.

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Let’s hope SAB is swept under the rug. That or a final update ending this generic pile of waste would be great.

just a small reminder, you are free to play anywhere in tyria, nobody says you have to go to Moto’s epic creation.
SAB is something for the ppl that enjoy jumping puzzles. Just like the new Wurm and Teq are something for ppl that like hard boss fights, like the tournament is something for WvW, like the new team deathmatch map is something for Pvp.

I know JP isnt a ‘full on’ game type, but its a part of this game and his been since launch, and they are loved by many gamers.

Love and Kisses,
Tsonn

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I agree with this statement and to add, 8 BIT GRAPHICS is soooooooooooo 1970’s(this is the 21st century, wake up guys) and FUGLY as hell.

It was also my opinion that my great-grandparents were wrong when they said that automobiles were an inconvenience, they too, were wrong as well.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Horses are also obsolete in today’s world. Yet people still spend millions on them for racing and other purposes.

Just because something is “old fashioned” doesn’t mean that people don’t want them around anymore.

(edited by Zaxares.5419)

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

I agree with this statement and to add, 8 BIT GRAPHICS is soooooooooooo 1970’s(this is the 21st century, wake up guys) and FUGLY as hell.

It was also my opinion that my great-grandparents were wrong when they said that automobiles were an inconvenience, they too, were wrong as well.

>Implying no one could possibly like SAB.
>Implying ones subjective tastes have an objective basis

Posted by: ceol.9175

ceol.9175

Not a peep out of Lord Vanquish.

https://twitter.com/Lord_Vanquish

I wasn’t around for the first SAB, but just seeing those videos, that looks incredibly fun. And I really want to farm some of those weapon skins…

I wish they’d bring it back.

Posted by: RaelZero.2546

RaelZero.2546

I’m keeping my crosses fingered.

Elarien Seiki – Wyrdfell [Wrd] – Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

As cute as the bobblehead thing is, this brings up an interesting point.

I was really excited for today because it not only was April fools day, but it fell on a typical release day. I was hoping for something really exciting because last year we received the Super Adventure Box. Maybe it would come back for a day and we could play! Maybe something else equally as awesome would show up!

The problem? I got myself excited and hopeful. It’s my own fault, really.

Now we’ve got bobbleheads and I can’t help but be disappointed even if it is cute. I was expecting something super awesome. I honestly just wanted to communicate to ANet developers via this thread that SAB set the bar really high, and bobbleheads just didn’t cut it. Maybe next year you’ll do something awesome again.

Cheers.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Enzo.3906

Enzo.3906

FYI it’s not too late to release SAB. Why would they release a patch at midnight when no one would be in the office to make sure everything went smoothly?

Wait until noon today.

But again, don’t get your hopes up. I don’t think Anet would want SAB to interfere with WvW S2

JQ Spy working for Blackgate Karma Train Division

Posted by: Soulstar.7812

Soulstar.7812

It take nothing to maintenance WvW.

This is just the typical lack of content we come to expect.

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I expect to see SAB in the 4/15 patch along with the features. Time will tell.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

It take nothing to maintenance WvW.

This is just the typical lack of content we come to expect.

You must have been loads of fun in GW1. “Stickmen?! They could have released a new dungeon!”

Oh and girls aren’t REALLY washing their hair when you’re asking them out.

Posted by: David.9807

David.9807

I still believe SAB is coming back today.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

I wonder what a bobblehead King Toad would look like…

Maybe we’ll find out later today!

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Patch is still not due if its today

Mirta.5029

I really doubt that we’re getting it. IT would be announced if we were. I am waiting for SAB to come back too though.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

I really doubt that we’re getting it. IT would be announced if we were. I am waiting for SAB to come back too though.

There have been so many threads about today’s potential patch I would have expected a post from a dev somewhere stating that there definitely would not be one, if there wasn’t going to be. It’s a bit cruel to keep the community hoping whilst keeping quiet. ANet always seemed like they were pretty good at keeping stuff quiet when they have to so I think this evening it still very much in the “wait and see” phase.

I’m not really sure what to expect, but I wouldn’t be ruling anything out just yet.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

big disappointment (by players) and faild (by devs) incoming…
well. still waiting for SAB. and almost all my gieldies too.

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

Still plenty of time left in the day! Wait for it…

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Don’t think it’s gonna happen unfortunately.

Last time SAB wasn’t played much, so Arenanet looked at the metrics (like they always do) and decided it wasn’t worth it so they put the project on hold.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

You really expect to see SAB in the middle of WvW Tournament? C’mon people… It would be completely counterproductive for their big tournament if they were to release SAB right now. Especially considering the fact that SAB always stay around for four weeks.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

You really expect to see SAB in the middle of WvW Tournament? C’mon people… It would be completely counterproductive for their big tournament if they were to release SAB right now. Especially considering the fact that SAB always stay around for four weeks.

Wasn’t the last SAB out at the same time as the WvW tournament?

I might be wrong, I’m sure someone will correct me if I am, but regardless of the above; Not everyone wants to spend time in WvW, the tournament for which is lasting until the end of May. Do you think there will be no content patches until after then? :p

DaG.5103

I don’t buy this for a second. The last WvW Season took place during the end of Blood and Madness, the entire Tower of Nightmares story, the Fractured update, and the beginning of Wintersday. They had no issues putting out regular content then, and in fact, they’ve lessened the requirements for getting achievements during this tournament, so it is less of a strain on your time now as well.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Don’t think it’s gonna happen unfortunately.

Last time SAB wasn’t played much, so Arenanet looked at the metrics (like they always do) and decided it wasn’t worth it so they put the project on hold.

I think I ran it enough times myself to count for every current active player.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

I have a feeling SAB will be after the big update on the 15th and before the next arc of the LS. SAB always seems to play the in-between story roll kind of the give ppl some other story to look into other then the main LS. So SAB dose not seem like an April fools day thing more of a stand alone LS.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

I hoped for SAB too. But sadly it won’t happen. That’s my favourite best thing in game ever.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I really don’t get why so many people were EXPECTING SAB to make an appearance.

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

Yup. I thought it is their plan! To keep people superbusy
Almost everyday blog post about feature patch, WvW Tournament plus SAB on tuesday/April 1

Posted by: Johnny Rotten.3910

Johnny Rotten.3910

We have four people with gw2 accounts at my house. We have all been anxiously awaiting April 1 for the last two or three months hoping for the return of SAB.

Fingers still crossed, but losing hope. Gonna be some bummed out dudes at my house…

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

wvw tourney suxx until they fix night caps (or reduce income by 95%). servers like sfr/vizunah wins only because they can cap towers 24/7 making tourney awful and predictable.

i don’t want to play wvw, i am tired. got 35 ranks (252 total), that’s enough for me. i want to relax with cup of tea.

and ….drumming you can play SAB while in q. wow! that’s unbeliavable! breaking news!

DaG.5103

I really don’t get why so many people were EXPECTING SAB to make an appearance.

1. It first released last April Fools
2. GW1 had several sequential AF gags (The Terminator spoof), so they have a precedent for the content
3. It was ~6 months between World 1 and World 2, it has been ~6 months since that release.

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Well I for one find this to be a proper aprils fool thing and I am enjoying it. Brings memories of gender swap, stickfigures, gwendolls and mini me, which was from before the stupid quests that people did not get was meant as joke content and not to be taken seriously, but rather think it is actually canon and should be there all the time…

Now SAB may have been introduced as an aprils fool, but so many people liked it so much and failed so much at getting the joke part that it may actually have ended up being more or less canon because it got so many fans.

If anything those that like SAB should be happy it is NOT the april fools of the year, because that means it is not restricted to this day/month of the year (which it already failed at, being out once before aside from the initial thing)…

So rejoice that aprils fool is back to being some silly little gimmic and SAB may have the chance to be more than a joke once a year.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

2. GW1 had several sequential AF gags (The Terminator spoof), so they have a precedent for the content
3. It was ~6 months between World 1 and World 2, it has been ~6 months since that release.

It was released last April Fools, yes. But that doesn’t guarantee that they WILL repeat the same gag. While GW1 had some gags that built on old ones, they had others that did not.

Besides, I know if I were on the dev team, I wouldn’t want to do do what everyone was posting about on a day that’s about pranks and the unexpected.

I’ll be glad if SAB doesn’t come out today because I’d want them to have the next portion finished before releasing, rather than forcing it into the game just because it’s April 1st.

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

DaG.5103

It was released last April Fools, yes. But that doesn’t guarantee that they WILL repeat the same gag. While GW1 had some gags that built on old ones, they had others that did not.

Besides, I know if I were on the dev team, I wouldn’t want to do do what everyone was expecting on a day that’s about pranks and the unexpected.

Fair enough. But to say you don’t understand why many people do expect it is being a bit dishonest, don’t you think?

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

I have the exact oposite…. I was not really expecting anything fun, because I really think that both the quests in GW1 and SAB were crap and I’d rather have a 1 day gimmick like the good old, gender swap, stickfigures, gwendolls and mini me. Each year I was exicted for what foolish silly little gimmicky thing was on for that day and got disapointed when some noncanon quests was introduced instead. So I was happy when I logged in today and saw something silly and foolish like the bobbleheads today.

SAB (as much as I myself hate it and don’t really want it) will come back I am sure… it have just grown out of it role as a joke…. because too many people thought it was meant to be serious content.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.