Guess SAB isn't happening =(

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ashadow.6874

Ashadow.6874

Bug Fixes:

Improved server performance.

^

Just in case you all weren’t aware… that is not Super Adventure Box. But it should be.

Just getting that out there…

You should probably see if something went wrong, pretty sure that was meant to be SAB.

#SAB 2014 plx

#OccupySAB2014

Posted by: Ethan.7549

Ethan.7549

Can confirm. Server fix is not SAB.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

The feature update on the 15th will hopefully be SAB World 3. There are still a few more things yet to be announced.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I have the exact oposite…. I was not really expecting anything fun, because I really think that both the quests in GW1 and SAB were crap and I’d rather have a 1 day gimmick like the good old, gender swap, stickfigures, gwendolls and mini me. Each year I was exicted for what foolish silly little gimmicky thing was on for that day and got disapointed when some noncanon quests was introduced instead. So I was happy when I logged in today and saw something silly and foolish like the bobbleheads today.

SAB (as much as I myself hate it and don’t really want it) will come back I am sure… it have just grown out of it role as a joke…. because too many people thought it was meant to be serious content.

It is serious content for the 1337 gamers. Hard content which does not allow just autoattacking.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

The feature update on the 15th will hopefully be SAB World 3. There are still a few more things yet to be announced.

feature is not content. No content in feature.

Posted by: Xiem.4719

Xiem.4719

That was sad…so many ppl showed up in Rata Sum after this build.

Posted by: Ben.2685

Ben.2685

They didn’t mess up with the second SAB release at all. There were just a lot of ppl crying because they couldn’t make it (even tho it wasn’t that hard)

People were only unhappy (and thereby didn’t attend SAB) because of certain implementation decisions (by the higher-ups), rather than the maps themselves (except for one being seen as too long). They nerfed how rewarding (in a sense other than skins) the original SAB was. Not only did they remove any incentive aside from skins, such as obsidian shards, they also reduced the baubles to be found in the world to buy these skins, making it a grind. This frustration was multiplied by the decision to put players to 1 life after they die and quit, rather than 5, meaning more of the baubles going towards coins “to keep the player on edge” they suggested, rather than to spruik their infinite continue coin, I’m sure.

The second iteration of the SAB lacked the mass appeal that the first had with regards to rewards, in that it only really rewarded skins. Were it to have had the original structure, it may have attracted many more that wouldn’t have otherwise participated, and they in turn may have found it both rewarding and entertaining.

They really should ask themselves whether the elements they change or remove “make the game more enjoyable”, before enacting them.

Not confident that they’re going to bring it back, as the numbers may not have appeased the “metric-men”, and yet they’ll attribute that to the feature itself, rather than to it being turned into an infinite-coin pushing grind, with its reward system butchered.

Mirta.5029

Well this really really made me sad too. It’s been too long since the last Sab. And it will be so much longer if ever

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

I hope there won’t be any more sab, it just doesn’t fit gw2’s universe and gameplay…

Let’s hope SAB is swept under the rug. That or a final update ending this generic pile of waste would be great.

just a small reminder, you are free to play anywhere in tyria, nobody says you have to go to Moto’s epic creation.
SAB is something for the ppl that enjoy jumping puzzles. Just like the new Wurm and Teq are something for ppl that like hard boss fights, like the tournament is something for WvW, like the new team deathmatch map is something for Pvp.

I know JP isnt a ‘full on’ game type, but its a part of this game and his been since launch, and they are loved by many gamers.

Love and Kisses,
Tsonn

If you are an achievement hunter, you feel obligated to play sab to get those achievements and they were much harder/more time consuming than any other living story/achievement segment ever done. I’m not against an optional sab dungeon without achievements.(it’s possible to earn sab tokens after running paths for skin rewards)
But I just don’t wanna play a 8bit game anymore when there’s possibly more, new opportunities/achievement sets to create in gw2’s own mmorpg structure. It was a good april 1 joke and it ended, and a sequel came it was ok too. But, I think it’s simply enough to have 2x sab content. They have to spend their effort to expand the main game with new features/content after this point imo.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

The april fools prank is that we are getting bobble heads instead of SAB. We will get the update for SAB later.

Mirta.5029

If you are an achievement hunter, you feel obligated to play sab to get those achievements and they were much harder/more time consuming than any other living story/achievement segment ever done. I’m not against an optional sab dungeon without achievements.(it’s possible to earn sab tokens after running paths for skin rewards)
But I just don’t wanna play a 8bit game anymore when there’s possibly more, new opportunities/achievement sets to create in gw2’s own mmorpg structure. It was a good april 1 joke and it ended, and a sequel came it was ok too. But, I think it’s simply enough to have 2x sab content. They have to spend their effort to expand the main game with new features/content after this point imo.

That’s a very silly way of seeing it. Achievements are for participating in content. There’s content that I can’t or don’t want to do as well. Should I ask achievement points removed from those sides of the game?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

GW2 is an achievement simulator at this point.

Posted by: Minami Kaori.2548

Minami Kaori.2548

I was immensely looking forward to SAB today

Even with the borked reward vendor of round two, I still completed the Hard Mode 9 times (to get weapon skins)!
I love jumping, I love the look, I love everything about SAB and I spent way too much time there both times around.

I really wish they brought it back sometime soon. To completely abandon it and never do it again would be very saddening, and I’d feel like I wasted money on my continue coin on a feature that will never be usable again.

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

im sososo very sad

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

im sososo very sad

Good news! I just heard from the doctor. You are going to live!

The Burninator

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I really wish they brought it back sometime soon. To completely abandon it and never do it again would be very saddening, and I’d feel like I wasted money on my continue coin on a feature that will never be usable again.

I’m sure it will be back at some point. There were worlds in the hub that were closed during the last SAB event which hints at the SAB return.

The Burninator

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

They didn’t mess up with the second SAB release at all. There were just a lot of ppl crying because they couldn’t make it (even tho it wasn’t that hard)

People were only unhappy (and thereby didn’t attend SAB) because of certain implementation decisions (by the higher-ups), rather than the maps themselves (except for one being seen as too long). They nerfed how rewarding (in a sense other than skins) the original SAB was. Not only did they remove any incentive aside from skins, such as obsidian shards, they also reduced the baubles to be found in the world to buy these skins, making it a grind. This frustration was multiplied by the decision to put players to 1 life after they die and quit, rather than 5, meaning more of the baubles going towards coins “to keep the player on edge” they suggested, rather than to spruik their infinite continue coin, I’m sure.

The second iteration of the SAB lacked the mass appeal that the first had with regards to rewards, in that it only really rewarded skins. Were it to have had the original structure, it may have attracted many more that wouldn’t have otherwise participated, and they in turn may have found it both rewarding and entertaining.

They really should ask themselves whether the elements they change or remove “make the game more enjoyable”, before enacting them.

Not confident that they’re going to bring it back, as the numbers may not have appeased the “metric-men”, and yet they’ll attribute that to the feature itself, rather than to it being turned into an infinite-coin pushing grind, with its reward system butchered.

I can’t +1 this enough, very eloquently put!

I hate it when people criticize w2 as I believe it was vastly superior to w1 from a gameplay experience. Longer levels (equals more content, although the lack of save-spots was an issue), way more mechanics and variety in enemies and situations, and an additional mode. Yes there were a bunch of difficulty spikes that shouldn’t have been there (temple gong run was the worst offender), and lag-sensitivy made the geyesers harder then they should’ve been, but overall the level design of SAB was better than the first.

If they hadn’t screwed it up with the rewards and monetization, it would’ve been way more succesful. It also came out when they introduced the ascended-farm-a-tron, getting even SAB-enthusiasts like me to consider doing something more rewarding.

Only pointing it out because I hate metric-men

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

(edited by Wolfheart.1938)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

but when you set a two week cadence, keep a two week cadence.

They just stated in the announcement at the beginning of the year (when they announced the end of the LS arc) that once the LS ended they would not be keeping up that two-week cadence anymore. The living story ended two weeks ago.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: NubsMcGee.7105

NubsMcGee.7105

I can’t +1 this enough, very eloquently put!

I hate it when people criticize w2 as I believe it was vastly superior to w1 from a gameplay experience. Longer levels (equals more content, although the lack of save-spots was an issue), way more mechanics and variety in enemies and situations, and an additional mode. Yes there were a bunch of difficulty spikes that shouldn’t have been there (temple gong run was the worst offender), and lag-sensitivy made the geyesers harder then they should’ve been, but overall the level design of SAB was better than the first.

If they hadn’t screwed it up with the rewards and monetization, it would’ve been way more succesful. Only pointing it out because I hate metric-men

+1 As an avid fan of both World 1 and World 2, having completed tribulation mode for both multiple times, I also feel that while the gameplay was great! I even appreciated the difficulty in the gong run and the water spouts, but understood when they nerfed them. But I also feel that the particular tactics utilized to monetize the content was a bit of a failure and pushed a lot of people away from the content. But since Company’s are about making money, they need their content they invest in creating to be profitable.

For this reason I fear we may not see SAB again. It’s quite obvious that considerably more time and energy was invested in world 2, and to put in less effort for world 3 would likely cause more disappointment than excitement over the concept as a whole. If the metrics show the content to not be as profitable as they’d like it to be, I don’t see them investing even more time and resources into developing it further. Which makes me very sad to think we might not see anymore SAB content.

A-Net! Thank you for SAB 1 & 2! I would absolutely LOVE to see more content and it would bring me back to GW2. (I stopped playing not long after SAB 2 was retired and I’ve been waiting for 3.) I really hope you’re still working on the content despite speculation to the contrary, please prove me wrong!

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

If there isn’t a SAB then the only april fools joke is anet.

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

What is that SAB?

Posted by: NubsMcGee.7105

NubsMcGee.7105

What is that SAB?

Super Adventure Box

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i was also really hoping for Sab, my girl and i were really looking forward to it. though do to the high frustrations and whining over last years Sab, i wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t do it this year.

~ and as awesome as it was that Lord Vanquish was communicating with the fans of Sab and talking to the community, he’s been told to stay quiet which is quite a shame. he was one of the few devs out there that actually communicated.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

+1 to Ben’s post.

However, I disagree slightly with the people who are claiming that the World 2 length increase and difficulty was a good thing. I feel that it took away from the whimsical, fun approach that World 1 brought, and that in turn turned off many players. World 1 was something you could complete within 15 mins if you were good, and even bad parties could complete it within an hour as long as you had one good player who could run ahead and unlock checkpoints/shortcuts for the less skilled players.

In World 2, you could expect to spend upwards of 2 hours in SAB, especially if you were achievement hunting. There were many more “all players must be present” gates, and combined with the difficulty spikes it just meant that players kept on failing and got more and more frustrated. It’s quite telling that World 1 was quite easy to find groups for; in World 2, everybody just went in solo. That’s a crying shame, because SAB is so much more fun in groups. However, going in as a group makes SAB harder and longer to complete. It’s counter-intuitive to a MMO!

Finally, there were also the technical issues of lag/desyncing screwing up jumps, and the awful possibility that a disconnect meant that the last 3 hours you’ve spent in World 2 Trib Mode are now wasted. If SAB World 3 is to remain at the same length and difficulty as World 2, then a solution has to be found to address these issues.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

Was so sad to see the new build … I hoped …. aaand server optimization
Really sad there hasn’t been any communication and still none now.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

They already put in the build you guys. Remember that patch where they said they were putting in the april monthly? They don’t need a patch to roll that over. That was when they put the bobbleheads in. That patch wasn’t big enough for SAB.

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

I hope there won’t be any more sab, it just doesn’t fit gw2’s universe and gameplay…

And if you don’t play it, you won’t even know it’s there. So I don’t really see your point.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Mathzz.7501

Mathzz.7501

It’s a real shame that SAB didn’t return yesterday. I was honestly thinking since it’s the 1 year anniversary of SAB that it would make an appearance.
I still do believe and hope that SAB will return, but when exactly, is hard to tell. Doesn’t help either when anet is quiet about it (A real answer about this subject from the devs would be much appreciated).
I’m sure I am not the only die-hard fan of SAB, desperately wanting it to do a comeback. But I’m almost certain that whining on the forum doesn’t make a difference at all and we won’t get a answer any time soon.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Good. I didn’t play it last year and I wouldn’t had played it this year.

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

Relax, it’ll be out when it’s ready.

Be thankful they actually take their time on SAB and not rush it out the door like certain other living world content.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

I’m sure it will make a reappearance at some point, so no need to fret yet!

I, personally, really don’t like SAB, but I like it when it’s the update because that gives me two weeks to get on with other stuff in game I tend to ignore when the LS updates come out, like levelling my multitudes of alts stuck at really low levels, or getting my crafting mats gathered etc.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

big disappointment (by players) and faild (by devs) incoming…
well. still waiting for SAB. and almost all my gieldies too.

you dont have guildies, your guild has just yourself in it xD fellow rofian here aswell i know who you are

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I love the people who are hating on SAB, don’t want it back, etc., when you have to go out of your way to Rata Sum, then into a special instance to even experience it.

You people act like running SAB is a requirement to log in or something.

It’s awesome if you don’t like it, don’t go in there. Problem solved.

It’s like someone hating PvP. How about you don’t go into the Heart of the Mists….?

I personally dislike going to dance clubs. Music is too loud and drinks are too expensive. Should I petition that such clubs be removed? Nah, some people obviously enjoy them and I’d be a raging **** if I went out of my way to try to petition them to be removed just because I don’t like them.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

you dont have guildies, your guild has just yourself in it xD fellow rofian here aswell i know who you are

;’(
I can be in 2 guilds. at th same time! impossibru!

about SAB – I hope they ll release it at 15 april

(edited by OneManArmy.9732)

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

;’(
I can be in 2 guilds. at th same time! impossibru!

about SAB – I hope they ll release it at 15 april

you win this round *shakes fist*

and about sab, while i agree that it annoys me when people complain about immersion brekaing things when they have to go out of there way to play them you do have to be honest that sabs LS event did throw a ton of 8-bits characters all over the world, that i agree with them on but as long as they dont do that again then i see no problem with having it in the game as a permanent addition

Better yet, the new sab for your home instance i mean come on anet xD

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

If memory servers SAB was brought in as the dev responsible had some time on his hands, liked the old games like that, and thought it would be fun to introduce. With each proceeding year it became more advanced. With the upcoming patch, which, lets be frank is BIG, and if its a taken that SAB would be taking even one dev from doing the patch, I would rather see him do the patch. Not forgetting, post patch there will inevitably be bugs to be sorted. Prioritize first guys.