Guess what turns out there

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

Hello everyone, well I’m reading the forum varies weeks and saw that several people are speculating a new class here’s my thought.

For me it will be a heavy class because we all know that the game has 3 light
3 medium and 2 heavy, I was looking at my closet and came across a very strange thing and I remembered the time I was playing GW1, in my opinion the class that will enter the game will be a DERVISH but everyone who played GW1 knows that DERVISH and a lightweight class malee nothing prevents Anet put this class as heavy as it a scythe hitting melee then people will question, but how well Dervish and how would the simple gods my friend Racial Skill that is so humans have these skills then follows the images that made me pursue this theory

1st GW1 image
2nd GW2 image

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Destroyer_Scythe.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I think that is just a staff skin that can’t be obtained yes, and only that, just like a few other staff skins that looks like a scythe.

I doubt a new class will come to the game anytime soon, and by soon I mean the next couple years.

But … I would love to play as a Dervish in GW2, an AoE melee class with enchantments as class mechanic would be great.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: Corian.4068

Corian.4068

The other classes have been pretty much folded into GW2’s current classes. So if one of GW1’s classes were to be added as a future class in GW2, it would likely be the dervish. More likely, imo, is something entirely new.

That said, I wouldn’t expect to see any additional professions until we see an expansion, and I imagine we’re still years off of an expansion. Don’t get your hopes up.

Hit level eighty
Priorities, what to do?
Spend hours with dye

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Lorewise, dervish is a no-no. All of their magical power came from prayers to the human gods, that creates a way too big of a conflict to retcon to make space for dervishes of other races.

Also, dervish didn’t use light armor, they used medium.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

Lorewise, dervish is a no-no. All of their magical power came from prayers to the human gods, that creates a way too big of a conflict to retcon to make space for dervishes of other races.

Hello my friend you are mistaken, it does not use medium uses light to image looks

Membership in this Robe = light

Attachments:

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Hello my friend you are mistaken, it does not use medium uses light to image looks

Membership in this Robe = light

Ummmm. You’re mistaken buddy. Dervishes used medium armor in gw1. Why do you think you have 70 armor and not a base of 60? In gw1 armor classes were Heavy – 80, medium – 70, light – 60 for base values. Insignias/runes could add or take away armor but yeah.

completely unrelated note- those runes and insignias being used there are completely terrible and not viable. 485 hp assuming you’re using those runes/insignias on your open slots on a dervish you have I believe 2 superior runes (not counting vigor runes) on which is suicidal. Based on the skills I’d say superior mysticism and scythe mastery. If it’s not 2 superiors its a superior and a major rune.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

(edited by Travis the Terrible.4739)

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

Other classes still get powers from the gods, so I don’t see why Dervish couldn’t. Even the Priests and Priestesses of Orr are still empowered by their respective gods.

Belzebu.3912

Other classes still get powers from the gods, so I don’t see why Dervish couldn’t. Even the Priests and Priestesses of Orr are still empowered by their respective gods.

Problem isn’t other classes, but other races.
In GW1 Dervishes base their power from the 5 human gods (Kormir wasn’t a god yet), I can’t see a Charr using the Avatar of Melandru as a dervish.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Actually i could see a ritualistic kinda healer usiing prayers etc or a paragorn even

[WM]give us in game ladder

Tuomir.1830

The problem is that the charr don’t pray to gods, any gods. Asura have faith in Eternal Alchemy, but that’s more of an understanding of the world, not a religion, and definitely not a deity to pray to. Sylvari are agnostic, and while you might mention the Pale Tree, it is not a god, and the sylvari do not pray to it.

No profession can have dependencies on race-specific things built in it. Those things can only be presented as racial skills.

This is untrue. If you’re referring to magic, it doesn’t come from the human gods. For a time, the flow of magic was controlled by the bloodstone, which was in the hands of the human gods. However, the magic is released to the world from two notable sources – from deep within Tyria, and from the sleeping Elder Dragons. With an increased volume of magic in the world, the bloodstones no longer can act as a container and a gateway for magic. And it wasn’t the gods who created it, it was the Seers.

And if you’re not referring to magic, please do cite a source.

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Lore can change. Originally, in Guild Wars, elementalists would channel the elemental control that the different gods held. In Guild Wars 2, elementalists now directly channel the different elements, and can juggle them around like nothing.

Dervishes did have a strong connection to the gods, but they also held a reverence to the earth and sky. Dervishes in Guild Wars 2 could have strengthen these bonds and now use them as the catalysts for their power.

At the end of the day, lore can be changed to reflect the addition, or removal, of mechanics and content. They aren’t the law of how things should be in the game.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

(edited by TriggerSad.2597)

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

My guess is he means the humans skills.

Hounds of Balthazar
Prayer to Dwayna
Prayer to Lyssa
Prayer to Kormir
Reaper of Grenth

Logically, the 6 Gods must have some power within Tyria to be able to fulfill prayers and transform heroes like that.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Belzebu.3912

Dervishes did have a strong connection to the gods, but they also held a reverence to the earth and sky. Dervishes in Guild Wars 2 could have strengthen these bonds and now use them as the catalysts for their power.

Yeah, I can see a GW2 dervish using Avatar of Water or Avatar of Death instead of Avatar of Dwayna and Avatar of Grenth for example.

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Mhh, you did have non-human Dervishes in Guildwars, I think. Some of the Djinn at least where dervishes and some Elonian desert critters (forgot their name, they could be quite devastating against minions).

Can’t remember Charr dervishes, but Pyre never protested when I made him a R/D

Tuomir.1830

My guess is he means the humans skills.

Hounds of Balthazar
Prayer to Dwayna
Prayer to Lyssa
Prayer to Kormir
Reaper of Grenth

Logically, the 6 Gods must have some power within Tyria to be able to fulfill prayers and transform heroes like that.

But those are not profession skills, they are racial skills. The issue was not gods not answering prayers (even though they have stopped interfering in worldly matters. I find it entirely possible that those racial skills are magic channeled through faith in the gods, rather than prayers being answered), but the conflict of having religion built into profession mechanics or skills when it doesn’t apply universally to all the races.

At the end of the day, lore can be changed to reflect the addition, or removal, of mechanics and content. They aren’t the law of how things should be in the game.

Then how would that be thematically different enough from ranger?

Mhh, you did have non-human Dervishes in Guildwars, I think. Some of the Djinn at least where dervishes and some Elonian desert critters (forgot their name, they could be quite devastating against minions).

Can’t remember Charr dervishes, but Pyre never protested when I made him a R/D

Game mechanics =/= lore. In nightfall, you saw demons and servants of Abaddon who forsake all the other gods in favor of him use healing prayers, attributed to Dwayna. Doesn’t mean they revere or get their powers from her.

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

There really isn’t a legitimate reason to state that other races couldn’t tap the powers of the human gods, in order to be a Dervish, if that were the route that the Devs wanted to take. With the exception of the Sylvari, all of the non human races believe/acknowledge the existence of the human gods. They may not worship them, but they at least admit that they are very powerful beings. Even the Charr admit as much.

All the races and classes already tap into various power sources in order to wield magic, so it’s not that far fetched to think that there would be individuals willing to tap into the human gods in order to gain more power.

However, the one thing that would definitely have to change, would be referring to any of their skills as “Prayer to…..”. And again, this is if they went with continuing to say the powers were from the gods themselves as opposed to focusing on various aspects, as stated by TriggerSad.

(edited by videoboy.4162)

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

@Travis the Terrible.4739: man, you made my day! +1 to your post above for the critique of the runes in the screenie. That’s what I’m talkin’ ’bout!

On topic, if we are only looking at new heavy class professions I would like to see something like the Dervish – call it a Paladin and match the trait tracks to whatever gods lend towards the traits. If I were to pick between a new class and more skills for the current class, though, I’d do with more skills. I’d rather have a lesser number of well developed classes than a large number of shallow, same-as classes.

Posted by: RealBGB.9132

RealBGB.9132

Trailer for new class!!!!!

And yes I know what this really is

Its okay to be a little Goofy

RealBGB.9132

On a realistic note, I think it would be cool to have a summoner class. You have no Base weapons, but instead have summoned weapons based from your Fkeys

RealBGB.9132

And have some kind of summing catalyst that you attach your runes too and would have the stats.