ANET it’s your turn where is it?

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Guess who's expansion just got leaked?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kyrel.8942

Kyrel.8942

This ain’t no game of duck duck expansion.

And probably will be deleted soon.

Posted by: Stress.2436

Stress.2436

The game is not ready for a expasion the optimization is terrible lots and lots of bugs etc…. wow is perfect in almost any aspect they can do that i bet if arena net realease a expasion they will lose half of ppl and i dont know if they can afford that

i bet in wow they dont disconnect 4-5 times per day

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

The game is not ready for a expasion the optimization is terrible lots and lots of bugs etc…. wow is perfect in almost any aspect they can do that i bet if arena net realease a expasion they will lose half of ppl and i dont know if they can afford that

If you are disconnecting 4-5 times everyday in GW2 I suggest you run Memtest (or whatever it’s called) and search your comp for bad ram. This game seems VERY sensitive to bad ram. I had that exact problem and it is TOTALLY fixed now that I replaced the bad ram.

Again I say THIS game is sensitive to bad ram it seems because any other game I played with said bad ram I had NO problems with and didn’t even know I had any until I played this. So once again, do yourself a favour and go test for it.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

You clearly have never played WoW, even with thousands of techies working at all hours they still have regular server issues, and they only get worse leading up to and succeeding a patch or especially an expansion.

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

If you are disconnecting 4-5 times everyday in GW2 I suggest you run Memtest (or whatever it’s called) and search your comp for bad ram. This game seems VERY sensitive to bad ram. I had that exact problem an it is TOTALLY fixed now that I replaced the bad ram.

Again I say THIS game is sensitive to bad ram it seems because any other game I played with said bad ram I had NO problems with and didn’t even know I had any until I played this. So once again, do yourself a favour and go test for it.

What does ram have to do with disconnecting? Unless he meant bsod

Posted by: Kozume.9035

Kozume.9035

I played WoW when it came out. I also played it up until the recent expansion, Mists of Pandaria. Here’s a trip through memory lane for you:

First month: Nobody played during the first month of WoW, are you kidding me? Servers were constantly down, you’ll be hard pressed to find a day one player at that.

First year: Still had problems. Many bugs and issues with the game. Example— I was on a zeppelin once and the game disconnected me, I logged back in and I was falling through the world. Back then you weren’t killed if you fell through the world so it was endless falling until I could get a Blizzard GM to pull me out. Another time I disconnected in water while jumping, it took me about 10-20 minutes of being disconnected and logging in to fix the issue.

Vanilla in general: Buggy, unfinished. Quest zones were 8-10 levels and levelled you 2-3 times. None of the content was difficult and half of mostly every raid team afk’d and still pulled through easily. Like, ridiculously easy. Classes were unbalanced to the extreme: Undergeared warriors at 60 made groups of people run away at sight. Rogues were second to warriors in pvp. There were no tanks or healers, those were called warriors and priests. Paladins existed only to constantly buff people and nothing else because they’re useless otherwise.

Burning Crusade: Same exact mechanics as Vanilla only with two kittened races and flying mounts that destroyed exploration for the game later on. Most overrated expansion.

Wrath of the Lich King: Decent expansion, content had a pretty balanced difficulty. Death Knights and Holy Paladins were able to do arena pvp and get free gladiator titles so I guess that’s cool for them. It released with several new servers in the Emberstorm and Whirlwind battlegroups. Funnily enough, Emberstorm and Whirlwind had downtime issues constantly during this expansion (go on google and search up “Emberstorm and Whirlwind down wotlk”) for almost an entire day at times. Halfway through Wotlk this resolved, sort of.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/09/05/emberstorm-and-whirlwind-battlegroups-down/
http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/23/battlegroup-outages-tonight/
http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/11/24/more-server-outages-for-whirlwind-and-emberstorm/
http://wow.joystiq.com/2009/08/03/extended-server-maintenance-for-tuesday-august-4th/

^ Read the comments, I was in that battlegroup (Emberstorm specifically) and I know I’m right about this.

Cata: Sucked.

How it succeeded: It was the only casual linear MMO. All other MMOs at the time of release were trying to be sandbox oriented and were sometimes even more unfinished than WoW. Everquest comes to mind as being more unfinished.

tl;dr: Just stop saying WoW never had issues, it had plenty of issues and I barely scratched the surfaced. This ‘wow was and is always perfect’ fanboyism is old. I’m not saying WoW is the worst MMO or that it sucks completely, but come on.

(edited by Kozume.9035)

Paulytnz.7619

If you are disconnecting 4-5 times everyday in GW2 I suggest you run Memtest (or whatever it’s called) and search your comp for bad ram. This game seems VERY sensitive to bad ram. I had that exact problem an it is TOTALLY fixed now that I replaced the bad ram.

What does ram have to do with disconnecting? Unless he meant bsod

All I can say is when I had bad ram I was disconnecting from the game up to 10 times everyday and had to do the “/repair” thing every time to be able to play again so your guess is as good as mine tbh.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Guess who will be paying 15$ per month for a year without getting any content and then have to pay 60$ for an expansion.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Paulytnz.7619

Guess who will be paying 15$ per month for a year without getting any content and then have to pay 60$ for an expansion.

And guess who will be getting tons of mini expansions for free for a year with possibility of future full expansions in future for whatever price and if not they will just turn out to be included as part of these said free mini updates?

I know which I would rather be. :P

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

If this is the case, it will never be ready because with EVERY LS update a plethora of new bugs and optimization issues are introduced on top of making the bugs already in place that have been reported numerous times only to fall on deaf ears even more buggy, as for disconnects, I have had MAYBE 2 or 3 dozen since head-start(over a year of game-play), maybe, JUST MAYBE it’s connection issues on your end.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

It’s both amusing and tragic (in that needy ex-girlfriend kind of way) how a certain someone gets schnockered every Friday night and comes sniffing around the GW2 forums looking for all the players he lost :/

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

And guess who will be getting tons of mini expansions for free for a year with possibility of future full expansions in future for whatever price and if not they will just turn out to be included as part of these said free mini updates?

i wasn’t implying i like WoW i never played it, always played the first GW. You ask anyone ingame about the expansion and they will tell you its overdue, the living story just isn’t fun and totally not a substitute

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Will it have ninja ponies?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

WoW’s of course…

ANET it’s your turn where is it?

Oh yeah the addon “leaked” wow ! Who would have thought that they’ll release another expansion!
Maybe A.Net should add to the gemstore a monthly fee aswell, because WoW does that too, right?

Maybe comments like this should come from people who know a little bit more than how to install windows on a PC. How can you be sure that the problem has nothing to do with yourself?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Smith.1826

Smith.1826

On one hand, revealing or announcing a GW2 expansion can incite a lot of interest, with players coming back to get used to the game again and play in anticipation of the huge burst of content.

On the other hand, players may not feel as pressed or encouraged to seek out the more powerful gear they’ve been releasing.

GW2’s in a weird place.

Paulytnz.7619

i wasn’t implying i like WoW i never played it, always played the first GW. You ask anyone ingame about the expansion and they will tell you its overdue, the living story just isn’t fun and totally not a substitute

Never said or thought that you did, I quoted you as I was in a way adding on to your statement.

As for any expansion/living story, I guess that depends how it all keeps going.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

The living story just isn’t fun and totally not a substitute

Couldn’t have said it any better.

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Expansions are too mainstream for ArenaNet.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

It is funny how I always loved expansions to GW1 and kept talking to people how awesome expansions to GW2 will be. “You will see guys! Arena will release a massive new expansion every year or so. They already did that with GW1 and coupled with new GW2 tech it will be amazing!”. One year after release… I got a “Living” Story instead. I dont know if I should laugh or cry. The game is still amazing and I play it but boy what I would give to get rid of LS and get GW1 style expansions instead. Feel free to disagree, thats my 3 cents.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I’ve always been under the impression that GW2 wouldn’t have expansions. Also isn’t(filter) it a bit too soon for WoW to be getting another one? Maybe I’m not used to expansions every year in an MMO.

Awe.1096

I’ve always been under the impression that GW2 wouldn’t have expansions. Also isn’t(filter) it a bit too soon for WoW to be getting another one? Maybe I’m not used to expansions every year in an MMO.

1st expansion to GW1 came out one year after original release. And 2nd expansion less than one year after that. In terms of new content they had introduced they made WoW’s expansions with their time-frame a sad joke. I always claimed that Blizzard could learn from Arena how to make expansions. And now? Well, soon it may become the other way around. Its good for Arena that WoW is old as kitten so I prefer to play GW2 simply becouse of that.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Ah. The longest MMO I played had 2 “expansions” in 8 years, so I actually didn’t know the norm.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Will it have ninja ponies?

Either that, or they’ll steal our grub idea.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

1st expansion to GW1 came out one year after original release. And 2nd expansion less than one year after that. In terms of new content they had introduced they made WoW’s expansions with their time-frame a sad joke. I always claimed that Blizzard could learn from Arena how to make expansions. And now? Well, soon it may become the other way around. Its good for Arena that WoW is old as kitten so I prefer to play GW2 simply becouse of that.

GW1 actually had only 1 expansion. Nightfall and Factions were stand-alone games

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Locuz.2651

Locuz.2651

Seeing how wow expansions made wow progressingly less enjoyable, i think its safe to say im quite happy with the way Anet releases content.

The grass seems greener on the other side….but trust me it isnt.

Awe.1096

Seeing how wow expansions made wow progressingly less enjoyable, i think its safe to say im quite happy with the way Anet releases content.

Its a matter of opinion. Not a fact. For me personally expansion model is better. I loved GW1 expasions (or if someone prefers to call them, standalone games). IMO expansions didnt made WoW less enjoyable. The game simply was getting older with each year. GW2 will also get old and for that reason alone people will abandon it over time. I believe that keeping the game fresh forever is simply impossible.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

GW1 actually had only 1 expansion. Nightfall and Factions were stand-alone games

True Story^^

Disclaimer:
I am not a programmer, only a player with a rudimentary knowledge of the code behind the screen….

If WoW has yet another expansion, good for them. I have never played it, so I wouldn’t know how “good” or “bad” the game is.

What I do know is that from what the WoW players themselves have said in forum rages is that their expansions simple aren’t “all that and a bag of chips.” There were and are issues that seem to me as a much greater mess than anything in GW2.

The thing is that if you think about it, GW2 was larger in terms of maps, stories, and PvP at release than most games are years into them. Yes, they have their problems (as every game does) and Yeah, there are parts that I don’t like, but in general, I am having fun with what I’ve been given instead of begging for things I don’t really need.

The question I have is why is everyone (ok… maybe not everyone) screaming for an expansion when the existing content is still undone? Can anyone honestly say that they have done literally everything there is to do in the game?

So, I guess my opinion is that while I understand why some (not all) of you want an expansion, I just don’t think it’s needed yet.

A quick note about GW1: I define an expansion as a chapter of a game that requires the original client in order to run. A standalone game does not. Factions and Nightfall were standalone games that you could buy individually and play whether you had any of the other chapters or not. Eye of the North was an expansion. You had to already have one of the other chapters in order to play.

Level 80 Elementalist

(edited by Ashabhi.1365)

Locuz.2651

Its a matter of opinion. Not a fact. For me personally expansion model is better. I loved GW1 expasions (or if someone prefers to call them, standalone games). IMO expansions didnt made WoW less enjoyable. The game simply was getting older with each year. GW2 will also get old and for that reason alone people will abandon it over time. I believe that keeping the game fresh forever is simply impossible.

Thats the common super vague excuse.

A few of the actual reasons out of the top of my head:

- New systems and mechanics that destroy the need for a server community.
- Shortening the journey.
- Killing immersion by adding flying mounts.
- Powercreep in pvp, ruining the flow of combat. (instant spamfest + 7-8 interupts on a single class).
- Not enough effort being put in to getting rid of botters spammers and cheaters (they used to take care of these untill they started their cost efficient approach).

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

An xpac for GW2 would finally mean me putting the game down for good. Face it, the game isn’t good, it’s all grind and AP rewards with nothing to do.

Awe.1096

Thats the common super vague excuse.

A few of the actual reasons out of the top of my head:

- New systems and mechanics that destroy the need for a server community.
- Shortening the journey.
- Killing immersion by adding flying mounts.
- Powercreep in pvp, ruining the flow of combat. (instant spamfest + 7-8 interupts on a single class).
- Not enough effort being put in to getting rid of botters spammers and cheaters (they used to take care of these untill they started their cost efficient approach).

Thats just a random list of problems a game has. I could make a similar list for any game, including GW2. That does not prove anything. This thread was about WoW expansion and what could it mean in relation to GW2. And to be fair I feel envy towards WoW players. Becouse of the feeling they will get in anticipation of this new expansion and those moments when they will start to play it and discover new things. A feeling that none of those spam Living World releases can provide me. I would trade a hundred of LW patches for one big expansion. But well, thats my opinion. Some will agree, some will not.

Awe.1096

An xpac for GW2 would finally mean me putting the game down for good. Face it, the game isn’t good, it’s all grind and AP rewards with nothing to do.

Be fair. Any game that is played for more than 100-200 hours is a grind. “Nothing to do” is very subjective. Imagine people playing RTS games for thousands of hours. If they can find something to do in a game with 6 small maps and 3 races to pick from, I am sure many will find things to do in GW2 or any other MMO.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I dont disconnect from this game at all on either PC, and my pc #2 makes this game look like torchlight 2. literally, its that weak and slow, and the game still runs perfect

Locuz.2651

Thats just a random list of problems a game has.

No. Those are some of the crucial problems that occured due to direction of specific expansions.

Think about it like this; why do you logg in to an MMO? Most of the time its for two reasons:

- The journey
- The social aspect.

If new systems and mechanics tamper with these two (and they did) it is bad for an MMO. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

And while Anet can make adjustments relatively fast, Blizzard has to wait for the next expansion.

And to be fair I feel envy towards WoW players. Becouse of the feeling they will get in anticipation of this new expansion and those moments when they will start to play it and discover new things. A feeling that none of those spam Living World releases can provide me. I would trade a hundred of LW patches for one big expansion. But well, thats my opinion. Some will agree, some will not.

And what if you and a big part of the community doesnt like it? Youll be stuck with it for 2 years. And the developer will lose a big part of its player base due to that (wow lost like 40% of its playerbase since the start of the current expansion).

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

I dont disconnect from this game at all on either PC, and my pc #2 makes this game look like torchlight 2. literally, its that weak and slow, and the game still runs perfect

Torchlight 2 looks so much more visually appealing. Guild Wars 2 looks awful on low graphics, so low that if it were made for N64, it would play just fine.

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

Awe.1096

No. Those are some of the crucial problems that occured due to direction of specific expansions.

No. Those are not universal problems. Those are things you dont like. On some of those the majority will agree with you. On some it wont. But it still doesnt change the fact all that is subjective.

And what if you and a big part of the community doesnt like it? Youll be stuck with it for 2 years.

By same standard you could say that what if the majority of the community doesnt like the game they play. Then they are stuck with it forever? No. Then they stop playing it. There is always the risk. But there is also another risk. Failing to provide the excitement of new major releases which brings fundtamental changes to the game and thus make it a bit more fresh. There is always diminishing returns for this process and after 10 expansions the game will be old no matter what they will try. That is what is slowly happening with WoW atm. They have problems with players retention becouse the game is 10 years old and there are new cool kids on the block. Its a miracle WoW is going decent after all this time. Frankly I am not sure GW2 will be in such good shape in 2020 (and dont mistake me for WoW fanboy, I left WoW in 2010 and I am a GW2 player).

PS. WoW didnt lost 40% of players becouse of Pandas. Their numbers are in decline ever since WotLK.

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

yeah, but who but kids and scared-to-play-another-game people will like that expansion. I know they are seriously convincing themselves they like it.

Locuz.2651

They have problems with players retention becouse the game is 10 years old and there are new cool kids on the block. Its a miracle WoW is going decent after all this time. Frankly I am not sure GW2 will be in such good shape in 2020 (and dont mistake me for WoW fanboy, I left WoW in 2010 and I am a GW2 player).

PS. WoW didnt lost 40% of players becouse of Pandas. Their numbers are in decline ever since WotLK.

No way. The game couldve been doing better than ever right now, if they took the right turns. Age literally has nothing to do with it untill that moment that systems improve so drastically that the entire way a game is played changes.

And it hasnt. Mechanics wise its still superiour to the majority of triple A MMOs that are brought on the market. Once that changes …

Tell me; What is the difference between your sense of enjoyment while playing a 5 year old game (when wow was it its peak subwise) or an 8 year old game. There is literally no difference.

If the game is good, people will play it.

And did i say anything about pandas having an effect on wows popularity?

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Awe.1096

Tell me; What is the difference between your sense of enjoyment while playing a 5 year old game (when wow was it its peak subwise) or an 8 year old game. There is literally no difference.

1st example. After playing GW2 and then trying Pandas for a brief time I simply could not bare it anymore. The combat feels stiff, the animations are simplistic, quality of character models is atrocious. To get the way around it, WoW would need to be rewritten on a completly new game engine. One that was not created back in 2003. It is not going to happen. Arena decided to do that with GW1. Kind of. In effect we got GW2. Also I really dont like the carrot on the stick gear threadmill model. I endured it becouse there was no alternative. It is still all subjective. But in my case, I play GW2 (and quite hardcore) becouse the game is newer and more shiny. But tbh if Blizzard would announce WoW2 or something similar, I would have a tought nut to crack. I didnt left WoW becouse it was “destroyed” by expansions. I left it becouse I played it for over 6 years.

Locuz.2651

1st example. After playing GW2 and then trying Pandas for a brief time I simply could not bare it anymore. The combat feels stiff, the animations are simplistic, quality of character models is atrocious.

Mind that we are talking about the public opinion and not about the specific reasoning of a single person.

And it depends a bit on your setup and wether you use sweetfx or not. Playing GW2 on low settings make the game look worse than wow on any setting. The game heavily relies on the quality of its textures to create depth etc.

Also I really dont like the carrot on the stick gear threadmill model

While i dont like the idea behind it, it works for the masses and even for me in some cases.

But in my case, I play GW2 (and quite hardcore) becouse the game is newer and more shiny.

The funny thing is that in none of your posts you mention why you actually play this game, or MMOs in general. If it was due to them being shiny and new MMOs wouldnt be for you. You would play something like BF4 now.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Awe.1096

Mind that we are talking about the public opinion and not about the specific reasoning of a single person.

I agree. And that is exactly what I stated before. That opinions like this are subjective and you need to look at the big picture and sacrifice something. Listing things that you dont like in a game does not pass a judgment on why the game is loosing players or anything.

And it depends a bit on your setup and wether you use sweetfx or not. Playing GW2 on low settings make the game look worse than wow on any setting. The game heavily relies on the quality of its textures to create depth etc.

I bought a new 1000$ PC specifically for GW2. I like when things are new and shiny. I think that idea that games should run good on old computers is holding the industry back. I was banking heavily on GW2 becouse I liked GW1 very much. That was the hype. Same hype as I got before most of WoW expansions. Before GW1 expansions. I dont get that feeling whatsoever with GW2 updates. Another release? Meh, whatever. Ill be done with it in a day and then there will be another one in two weeks. And then another. At some point you stop to care. I liked GW1, I liked their GW2 manifesto. I dont like the Living World concept. Perhaps some people dont. OK. My right is to voice my opinion. Let Arena gather the scraps and see what does the majority wants. They will not satisfy everyone. Never.

The funny thing is that in none of your posts you mention why you actually play this game, or MMOs in general. If it was due to them being shiny and new MMOs wouldnt be for you. You would play something like BF4 now.

Why so? MMO is the type of games I prefer the most. I like new shiny MMOs. I played Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW, GW1, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XI, EvE Online, Tabula Rasa, Aion, Rift, Star Wars Old Republic, The Secret World, GW2. Perhaps briefly some more. The only ones that caught my attention for longer were WoW (6 years+), GW1 (on and off for several years), EvE Online (actually I am still subbed to it, all the time since 2006) and now GW2. Some are better from others. All of them get old at some point. None is perfect.

(edited by Awe.1096)

Locuz.2651

I agree. And that is exactly what I stated before. That opinions like this are subjective and you need to look at the big picture and sacrifice something. Listing things that you dont like in a game does not pass a judgment on why the game is loosing players or anything.

I do this for a living. I am a market analyst (sales manager) in the entertainment industry. The majority of my statements are based on the bigger picture. Thats the only way im capable of thinking.

Think about it like this; why do you logg in to an MMO? Most of the times its for two reasons:

- The journey
- The social aspect.

If new systems and mechanics tamper with these two (and they did) it is bad for an MMO. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that out.

^ An obvious example.

Why so? MMO is the type of games I prefer the most. I like new shiny MMOs. I played Anarchy Online, Star Wars Galaxies, WoW, GW1, Age of Conan, Final Fantasy XI, EvE Online, Tabula Rasa, Aion, Rift, Star Wars Old Republic, The Secret World, GW2. Perhaps briefly some more. The only ones that caught my attention for longer were WoW (6 years+), GW1 (on and off for several years), EvE Online (actually I am still subbed to it, all the time since 2006) and now GW2. Some are better from others. All of them get old at some point. None is perfect.

My question: why do you play MMOs?

Your answer: I play them because they are new and shiny.

Me: Well you might aswell play BF4, thats new and shiny. What are your real reasons?

You: Why so? MMOs are the type of games i prefer the most. I play MMOs X Y Z.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I pay $15 a month and I get actual, interesting content that doesn’t involve grinding 100k candy corn or running mindless champ trains for hours on end. I actually spent MORE on GW2 in a year than one year of subscription fees would’ve cost me and it wasn’t worth it at all. Still boring as hell, now, with vertical progression.

Awe.1096

My question: why do you play MMOs?

Your answer: I play them because they are new and shiny.

Me: Well you might aswell play BF4, thats new and shiny. What are your real reasons?

You: Why so? I play MMOs X Y Z.

Becouse MMOs are best genre for escapism and that is how I treat games. Not just something fun to play after work and then forget about it. But as alternate realities you participate in which breaks the monotony of real daily life. Also, social aspect. But the latter only works when it is tied to a good game on its own. I dont want to waste my time sitting in an elaborate chat client.

I do this for a living. I am a market analyst (sales manager) in the entertainment industry. The majority of my statements are based on the bigger picture. Thats the only way im capable of thinking.

Aaaand lets end our discussion at this post please. You just stated that you have a bigger…. ego, and therefore all who disagree with you are wrong. I get it, I know it. I really do. Have a good day Sir. No more replies from me in this sub-exchange. EOT.

Ashabhi.1365

I pay $15 a month and I get actual, interesting content that doesn’t involve grinding 100k candy corn or running mindless champ trains for hours on end. I actually spent MORE on GW2 in a year than one year of subscription fees would’ve cost me and it wasn’t worth it at all. Still boring as hell, now, with vertical progression.

I say this to everyone with DC’s perception…

If you hate it so badly, I am sure there are games out there with exactly what you’re looking for. There truly is no need to continue playing something you see as being “boring as hell.”

Good luck to you…

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

If you hate it so badly, I am sure there are games out there with exactly what you’re looking for. There truly is no need to continue playing something you see as being “boring as hell.”

Good luck to you…

Actually, I don’t play any longer but I purchased this game so I currently have the ability to post on these forums. When I first purchased this game I was excited about it, but me and a lot of other people hate what it’s become. Nowadays I mainly hang around to see what’s changed.

Locuz.2651

Aaaand lets end our discussion at this post please. You just stated that you have a bigger…. ego, and therefore all who disagree with you are wrong. I get it, I know it. I really do. Have a good day Sir. No more replies from me in this sub-exchange. EOT.

It has nothing to do with a big ego. It has everything to do with making analytical statements for a living for 15 years. While you kept insisting that my statements where personal opinions.

Guess what… they arent.

If they where it would mean i would have a really hard time doing my job. Since thats exactly what im meant to be doing; ignoring my personal opinions and analysing market trends.

Most of the statements i made arent even related to me. I personally dont care about the journey or character specific progress. I am a pvp player that pvps for the sake of pvp. Yet i mention it as one of the main reasons why people logg in to an MMO.

(edited by Locuz.2651)

Ashabhi.1365

Good luck to you…

Actually, I don’t play any longer but I purchased this game so I currently have the ability to post on these forums. When I first purchased this game I was excited about it, but me and a lot of other people hate what it’s become. Nowadays I mainly hang around to see what’s changed.

I do understand, I really do.

and I apologize if I seem a bit…frustrated (for lack of better term.) My opinion is no less valid (and no more valid) than anyone else’s. I don’t mind intelligent discussion of issues, and I don’t mind a good debate between two people, BUT…

After a while it is terribly wearying to listen to everyone who “doesn’t play anymore” and yet still needs to comment on things that they shouldn’t know firsthand if they’re “not playing.”

I apologize for lumping you in with these folks, but I was just out of reading another “I don’t play any more but…” threads and you happened to get the worst of me. Again, apologies. I did not intend to be trollish.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not directly related to Guild Wars 2, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.