Guesting Question

Guesting Question

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Will guesting be allowed between US and EU servers? I’ve been wondering about this, although guesting seems to be on indefinite hold so I’m not sure if it even matters.

Guesting Question

Posted by: Omega Mayhem.7163

Omega Mayhem.7163

Who said is was on ‘indefinite hold’? Last I heard they were still working on it.

Anyway, misinformation aside, you will be able to guest on any server.

Guesting Question

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

although guesting seems to be on indefinite hold so I’m not sure if it even matters.

Give them time to sort out this ascended gear fiasco first. I’m sure that’s somewhere on their priority list, considering how much outside attention it has garnered the game as of late. Anet’s own little Real ID debacle. =D

I would imagine guesting will allow you to guest to any server you can currently view on your server list. I never looked to see if european servers are on our server list or not, but if they are I would imagine so. If not, chances might be slim :-\

I dont know if this game is like this, but some MMOs have different “publishers” for different continents (cant remember the proper term for the companies in this regard…). Take Aion- the company that serves Aion here in the US is different than Europe, so European Aion sometimes gets different in game store deals than the US does, has events that the US may not get and the other way around, etc. They have some small amount of direct control over the game, making them honestly different.

If that is the case with GW2, it might affect the ability to let you guest there as well.

(edited by Tolmos.8395)

Guesting Question

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Who said is was on ‘indefinite hold’? Last I heard they were still working on it.

Do you have any source to verify that? I haven’t been able to find any concrete answers on it.

Thanks.

Guesting Question

Posted by: Cosine.1786

Cosine.1786

Do you have any source to verify that? I haven’t been able to find any concrete answers on it.

Thanks.

Here’s a link to the last (only) official response I’ve seen on the matter.

My paranoid brain gives it a tone of ‘eh, at some point.’

Guesting is the one of the most attractive features in the game and a main selling point for me. Along with level scaling, it allows me to play with my friends wherever they happen to be in the game. So the lack of it, and any evidence that it’s coming anytime soon, is quite irritating. :<

Guesting Question

Posted by: wulfheart.8206

wulfheart.8206

that’s also on my mind as well. I’m wondering if guesting will be allow players to cross regions. hopefully ANet will give us an answer soon.

Genius by birth. Lazy by choice.
Gate of Madness
Avran Wulfheart [Human Guardian] Havoc [HVC]