Guesting and Dragon Chest Limits

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kismet.1487

Kismet.1487

Hi all,

Been hearing of an issue with people guesting & causing overflows & the possibility of limiting Dragon chests to one a day.

I don’t mind limits to avoid people taking advantage of the system, but don’t penalize the normal player because of the activities of some.

I don’t guest, no need of it. I play only one server with my team. To limit me to only one dragon chest a day is obnoxiously short sighted. We have only a limited amount of stuff to do at the high end, DON’T limit it further.

What’s the solution? Limit people who guest on other servers to one chest per day per account on other servers, NOT everyone on the server! DUH! Don’t limit my teams high end gameplay.

Please make a good call on this one.

Limit Guesting, not people on their main server!

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
11 years of fun & teamwork
http://gw2.kismetbp.com

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
http://www.kismetbp.com

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Hi all,

Been hearing of an issue with people guesting & causing overflows & the possibility of limiting Dragon chests to one a day.

I don’t mind limits to avoid people taking advantage of the system, but don’t penalize the normal player because of the activities of some.

I don’t guest, no need of it. I play only one server with my team. To limit me to only one dragon chest a day is obnoxiously short sighted. We have only a limited amount of stuff to do at the high end, DON’T limit it further.

What’s the solution? Limit people who guest on other servers to one chest per day per account on other servers, NOT everyone on the server! DUH! Don’t limit my teams high end gameplay.

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Sighz…the reason guesting wasn’t nerfed is because it wasn’t guesting. It is the own home server players who are causing the overflow. Just because people all blame guesting doesn’t make it the issue. In reality, there is only a small amount of guest who actually make it to the event. Let I remind you, guest are put in overflow as a priority.

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Sighz…the reason guesting wasn’t nerfed is because it wasn’t guesting. It is the own home server players who are causing the overflow. Just because people all blame guesting doesn’t make it the issue. In reality, there is only a small amount of guest who actually make it to the event. Let I remind you, guest are put in overflow as a priority.

Lafiel, do you have a link to an Anet Dev saying any of this?

In my opinion, things haven’t been that bad with the exception of lag… Instead of limiting the chest to once per account per day, I would prefer a different solution.(of course, in large part because I play many alts :P)

It seems that an overflow server solution with world bosses would be better and easily implemented.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Kismet.1487

Just tested this out.. Killed Tequatl for 2nd time today… No chest & also Massive lag with Overflow, some of my members got pushed into 2nd instance.

Did they already change this?

Guesting not the issue? Lets turn guesting off for everyone for a week and check.. :P

I have not seen lag & overflows like this since launch of game.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

(edited by Kismet.1487)

Posted by: Tumbero.3945

Tumbero.3945

Anyway the drops is nothing at always…

SBI Firstborn.
(LX) Legion

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

In my opinion, things haven’t been that bad with the exception of lag… Instead of limiting the chest to once per account per day, I would prefer a different solution.(of course, in large part because I play many alts :P)

It seems that an overflow server solution with world bosses would be better and easily implemented.

its been one rare item per charicter per day for a few weeks now. there changing it so its now one rare per acount per day because people were just parking alts at events in order to farm them.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

TBH I think it is more a guesting problem than alts. You can’t tell me that guests are put into overflow before home players. YOU are put into overflow when you try to GO to a map not anytime after you get there. What you are saying is that any GUESTS in the map are sent to overflow when a home player tries to go to the map – not so, never happens (as far as I am aware).

Anet are trying to fix the problem by focusing on alts right now. I can see it wont make much of a difference with regards to fast boss fights and overflows. Sure it might limit the amount of rares coming into the game for the players who have alts. But it wont stop everyone from guesting so much and causing these other problems so I expect once they see the alt blaming wont fully fix it they will next deal with guesting.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

(edited by Paulytnz.7619)

Posted by: Sligh.2789

Sligh.2789

They have not limited the number of times you can open a chest for any world boss. They have limited the number of guarunteed rares to once per chest per account per day.
People will sstill be server hopping to open the chest for chance at another rare that can be sold, or for the exotic and precursor drops, or for the ecto to salvage. As there is no other high chance area in the game, guesting will continue. They did not nerf the chest, they nerfed the plethora of salable, and salvagable for ecto, rares that someone did not do any economic consequence damage control prior to the release of the patch that put those guarunteed rares in the game.
This is a fiasco of the highest order IMHO, and the change will probably do nothing to stop the rampant server hopping/guesting to get as many rares as they can, it is the only viable regular source of gold to the player base at this time.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

All events that happens on a “normal” server still happens on an overflow server. An overflow server isn’t much different from any other server except it will always have people from multiple servers and everyone there is effectively guesting. This means all events on overflow will happen at different times. You can’t sync the time to any particular server either since it contains people from a mix of servers.

Lag and overflow is only part of the issue. It seems like there are also too many rares in the world now. The price of most rares are several silvers below ectos. I suspect they want to keep ectos at a certain price range for the purpose of removing money from the economy. Ectos are good for that since nearly all high level items want to use some amount of ectos.

Kismet.1487

More testing on our server, Jormag 2nd time (gold) = no Chest, Shatterer 2nd time (Gold) = No chest. I didn’t try it on my alts.. just my main char.

I like the idea of getting rare each time, but the lag.com sucks. Can only imagine people on lower end systems, the inability to use skills & etc.

Don’t make boss drops account bound, STUPID! Let people do event on their alts, they earned it! Limiting that is just dumb and just makes people have less of a reason to make alts or play them. That should speak to ArenaNet that “hey look this guys got 5 max level char, maybe I should of given him more to do at high level vs grinding or making an alt. :P”

A better stance would be “Thanks for waiting for us to put some end game content in, here go ahead and do the event on your alt you spent all that time leveling. Don’t worry where gonna add some more end game content, someday….”

Make sure it’s for that server though, not people swapping Alts & Guesting servers at same time. Drags everyones server down & lags out the event. Or just go extreme and don’t let guests get chests from world boss’s, see if their is a sudden 50-75% drop off for guesting over next week. That might be extreme, but again.. don’t penalize people on the server because of people guest swapping.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Mahaedros.7085

“You can’t sync the time to any particular server either since it contains people from a mix of servers.”

I agree that right now there isn’t a way in place to use overflow servers to fix the porblem… what I meant was to try and use a new special overflow server to fix the problem- one specifically for world bosses…not necessarily a mere instance, something that would fix this problem. Anet would know better than me.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Lafiel.9372

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

It doesn’t need to be said, there are several key evidence for this. First, if guesting was the issue, why didn’t anet simply nerf it? i.e change the way it is OR make it 1 guest per server or whatever. Secondly, guest are put in overflows as a priority as we know. Thirdly, if guesting was the issue, we would have experienced overflows prior to the chest change since they were actually exploitable at that time.

I too have a lot of alts but I applaud this change primarily because world events were becoming the most profitable thing to do and that is not what anet intended. The Reward needs to be balanced throughout for people to be spread out around the game world.

As to op, the changes are coming in the next patch (this week).

Again, think about this logically. You’re in a high tier server. Your population is huge. What is more likely, the massive amount of home players who used to be in dungeons all crowding around onto ONE map or that there is guest all over the other servers just taking over your map?

Bottomline, it has always been a first come first serve basis. If you want to make sure you get to an event, go to there and wait a bit longer like everyone else who got into the map did.

I’m on SoS, and when I hit overflow I just go meh, i’ll catch it another time. No biggie.

Lastly, however impractical it may be, I do wish they would turn off guesting for a week just to shut those people up since their own server population are plenty capable of putting themselves in overflow.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

Last time I checked they don’t limit you to fighting only one dragon type a day, they only limit you to open their chest once a day. You can fight it as many times as you want.

You’ve associated ‘getting loot’ with ‘stuff to do’. No wonder you’re having problems.

The dragon fights are so utterly pathetic with regards to their challenge the developers should get rid of all chests as rewards.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

More testing on our server, Jormag 2nd time (gold) = no Chest, Shatterer 2nd time (Gold) = No chest. I didn’t try it on my alts.. just my main char.

I like the idea of getting rare each time, but the lag.com sucks. Can only imagine people on lower end systems, the inability to use skills & etc.

Don’t make boss drops account bound, STUPID! Let people do event on their alts, they earned it! Limiting that is just dumb and just makes people have less of a reason to make alts or play them. That should speak to ArenaNet that “hey look this guys got 5 max level char, maybe I should of given him more to do at high level vs grinding or making an alt. :P”

A better stance would be “Thanks for waiting for us to put some end game content in, here go ahead and do the event on your alt you spent all that time leveling. Don’t worry where gonna add some more end game content, someday….”

Make sure it’s for that server though, not people swapping Alts & Guesting servers at same time. Drags everyones server down & lags out the event. Or just go extreme and don’t let guests get chests from world boss’s, see if their is a sudden 50-75% drop off for guesting over next week. That might be extreme, but again.. don’t penalize people on the server because of people guest swapping.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

What was the point of testing when it is already mentioned that they are once per day in the patch notes? People can still loot all the event chest just like they have been doing for nearly a month. Instead of a potential (14 * characters of the appropriate level) rares per day it will just be 14 per day.

Sounds like a huge reduction but who actually has enough time per day to be doing this?

Assuming you can do every one of the events in 5 minutes and somehow manage to do them back to back it will take 70(14*5) minutes of playing just do to all of them with just one characters. In reality it is never like that, given the spawn windows a total of 15 minutes per event would be more realistic which means the only people who are going to be “losing” anything from the change are people who can devote a minimum of 3.5 hours JUST to do these meta events AND have at least 2 characters.

Oh and I guess also the people who park every single character at the Maw.

Kismet.1487

Ding Found info for change:
“In the next release we will adjust the way that world mega bosses award their loot. The current chests will stay lootable once per day per character, but each boss’s guaranteed rare item drop will be moved to a separate chest (visually similar to daily achievement reward chests) that can only be acquired once per day across an account.

Our intention with this change is to keep providing rewarding loot for world mega bosses while avoiding overwhelming participation in boss fights (and overwhelming the economy with rares) from players cycling through each character slot for each boss every day."

Another poor decision! Penalize people for making alts & leveling them for endless hours to max level, because of lack of end game content. Brilliant. Just one poor choice after another lately.

Other poor choices.
- Adding content that majority of players can’t play aka High Gated Guild Achievements. (Everyone one of these show have a lower end version and should of been added at same time or first for smaller guilds.)
- Adding Living story elements that are hard to find & take hours of wondering time to finish. Not everyone wants to wander a huge zone for 4 hours looking for a super tiny item. Give more clues, detail along the way, make it a journey. Not a frustration.
- Adding Living story elements and then making it so you can only finish 2/5 like lost & found, making people spend endless wasted time trying to do them only to turn to google to find they can’t. Frustrating. It’s vague, doesn’t seem too well thought out from the players point of view.
- Adding content, yet people can’t play it on patch day, they have to wait a day, two, three… or months or maybe never because requirements are too high.
——- Etc….

AreneNet Striking out way too much lately.

This is right down the road of another thread I posted about “Learning from MMO Mistakes of the Past”.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Learning-from-MMO-Mistakes-of-the-Past/1555655

Set the requirements too high & make the game unfun = Loss of players/Revue.
- Penalize players for playing on alts, DUMB!
- Adding grindy & daunting/seemingly impossible requirements, people give up & leave.

You took out the things that frustrate players (node camping, Boss Camping, competition for quest mobs, etc…). Now your adding back in more frustrating elements, WHY? I don’t know who’s making the decisions, but this is how it always starts with the “Person who knows what customers want”, but turns out to not be looking at it from the players point of view. Players want something to do, not grind the same thing over & over.

If these people worked for me, I’d call in who ever has been making these calls for a meeting with the top execs ASAP! And if it was my calls as CEO that was ticking off players, i’d want to know & want some suggestions on how to fix it! Bashlash is building.

Please don’t turn into another LOTRO or SWTOR. Bad choices drove those great games right into the ground.

Sorry to be harsh, but sometimes its better to be straight with people you care about.

Still like your game & Here’s hoping!

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
10 years of fun & teamwork together

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

(edited by Kismet.1487)

Mahaedros.7085

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

It doesn’t need to be said, there are several key evidence for this. First, if guesting was the issue, why didn’t anet simply nerf it? i.e change the way it is OR make it 1 guest per server or whatever. Secondly, guest are put in overflows as a priority as we know. Thirdly, if guesting was the issue, we would have experienced overflows prior to the chest change since they were actually exploitable at that time.

I too have a lot of alts but I applaud this change primarily because world events were becoming the most profitable thing to do and that is not what anet intended. The Reward needs to be balanced throughout for people to be spread out around the game world.

Again, think about this logically. You’re in a high tier server. Your population is huge. What is more likely, the massive amount of home players who used to be in dungeons all crowding around onto ONE map or that there is guest all over the other servers just taking over your map?

Bottomline, it has always been a first come first serve basis. If you want to make sure you get to an event, go to there and wait a bit longer like everyone else who got into the map did.

I’m on SoS, and when I hit overflow I just go meh, i’ll catch it another time. No biggie.

Lastly, however impractical it may be, I do wish they would turn off guesting for a week just to shut those people up since their own server population are plenty capable of putting themselves in overflow.

you want to end guesting just to shut the people up that say what you don’t want to hear?

“It doesn’t need to be said, there are several key evidence for this” <—-you actually said this. Sorry I will take anything ArenaNet says over you any day.

You’re just guessing. You have no idea and you offer no proof of anything that ArenaNet says. You keep giving your opinion and claiming it is what Anet wants…

wierd

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Limiting guesting wouldn’t solve anything, it was never the issue. Overflows/lag is created by people on their own server not by guesting players.

Anet’s change is the best, it’s only strange that they didn’t implement this sooner.

Lafiel.9372

Hi all,

Thanks,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

you want to end guesting just to shut the people up that say what you don’t want to hear?

“It doesn’t need to be said, there are several key evidence for this” <—-you actually said this. Sorry I will take anything ArenaNet says over you any day.

You’re just guessing. You have no idea and you offer no proof of anything that ArenaNet says. You keep giving your opinion and claiming it is what Anet wants…

wierd

I don’t want to end guesting, but Kismet suggested himself that if we ended guesting for a week we would see a significant change (i.e no overflows). If this is the only way to proof that guesting is not to issue, I am merely entertaining his idea if this is what it takes to reach a conclusive evidence on whether this is caused by guesting or not. Please don’t twist my words. I did not say I want to shut up others people’s opinion because I don’t want to hear it. I was merely showing you that every action Anet has planned towards does not imply guesting is the major issue but people with many alts and the reward made too rewarding.

Again, the chest was made too rewarding to begin with thus everyone is farming them since they’re better than doing dungeons. That is why the account bound change is necessary

Bottom line, at least I have some backing on what I’ve said compared to people who have made blatant claims that guesting is the issue here.

How bout we throw the baton of reasoning towards why guesting is the issue here and you provide me some plausible explanations why guesting IS there issue here. I’m all open ears. After all, this is a discussion thread.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Mahaedros.7085

" I was merely showing you that every action Anet has planned towards does not imply guesting is the major issue but people with many alts."

show me anything that ArenaNet actually says, you’re just giving your opinion. I’m not against anyone giving their opinion, I’m not sure your opinion that you repeatedly claim is the same as ArenaNet’s is true since you have not given any links or anything that ArenaNet Devs have ever said to support your claims.

And really there just perhaps maybe might be a slight chance that the issue might not be addressed if not addressing the issue and putting some other “fix” in place that might make more profits…

ya

you are focused on arguing about guesting… just supply some quotes from ArenaNet to back your claims. Until you do this no one will believe anything you say other than it’s your opinion.

Lafiel.9372

" I was merely showing you that every action Anet has planned towards does not imply guesting is the major issue but people with many alts."

show me anything that ArenaNet actually says, you’re just giving your opinion. I’m not against anyone giving their opinion, I’m not sure your opinion that you repeatedly claim is the same as ArenaNet’s is true since you have not given any links or anything that ArenaNet Devs have ever said to support your claims.

And really there just perhaps maybe might be a slight chance that the issue might not be addressed if not addressing the issue and putting some other “fix” in place that might make more profits…

ya

you are focused on arguing about guesting… just supply some quotes from ArenaNet to back your claims. Until you do this no one will believe anything you say other than it’s your opinion.

I am focused on arguing about guesting here because the thread claims it is guesting causing the overflows/lag…. are you on the same thread as I am?

At no point have I EVER said that Anet said this or anet said that, I have only said every action they have taken “implies”.
Anet has not made an official stance on this issue else this discussion wouldn’t exist in the first place. It would be a “fact” and no discussion would be needed. I am proposing my reasoning why guesting is not the issue e.g no lag when guesting was implemented, guest are put in overflow first, no indication of guest nerf in the upcoming patch release. You don’t have to listen to what I have to say but if guesting wasn’t touched at all in this upcoming update, it is highly likely that Anet looked into it, found it wasn’t the cause, and applied a solution which would indeed remedy the problem. Again, this is my 5cents to it, take it or leave it.

To be honest, the most important change of this update is not overflows or lag or guesting, it is so people aren’t treating world events as the only thing worth doing and everything else in the game is left out. Anet wants players to be able to experience content with balanced rewards throughout the entire game world.

(edited by Lafiel.9372)

Kismet.1487

Again, the chest was made too rewarding to begin with thus everyone is farming them since they’re better than doing dungeons. That is why the account bound change is necessary

Ah ha… now where getting somewhere.

Good point Lafiel.

What wonders me is why now limit how many times people will help each other kill the dragon, because someone make a poor choice of giving an Automatic Rare? That was the first poor choice that caused the whole issue.

Now instead of my team helping members & people on the server all day long kill the dragon for a chance at a rare, they are gonna do it once, get a rare and then just not do it again until the next day like a daily. Yeah lets reduce even more high end content and chance for people to help each other!

How about you can only do one fractal a day? Maybe you can only do WvW for an hour per day or if you die in WvW it kicks you and you can’t play until the next day? Maybe for crafting we can only covert 10 Ingots a day? Now where getting to some brilliant ideas! (Sooooo.. not really). Again poor decision making, lets reduce what High end content we have even more! :P

Lets add more player frustration to the game! Yeah!

I see now that adding the Auto Rare was DUMB without thinking it through! Now I see the root cause. Sorry i’ve been out sick for few weeks and came back to this issue thats got members going about what’s causing the massive lag & in-ability to loot the dragon chests.

This now has the backlash of having too few people to finish these events, because everyone got their rare the night before and now during the day not enough around to help with event.

Repeal/Roll back those Dragon auto-drop changes. If people think they are only gonna get greens after the first drop, NO WAY are they gonna wait 30-45 minutes for it to spawn & then kill the dragon for 30+ minutes for that. Much less participation. I know I won’t be. 1 hour worth of work = 2 greens with no chance of rare? He gone….

Again… Here’s hoping,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

(edited by Kismet.1487)

Lafiel.9372

Ah ha… now where getting somewhere.

Good point Lafiel.

What wonders me is why now limit how many times people will help each other kill the dragon, because someone make a poor choice of giving an Automatic Rare? That was the first poor choice that caused the whole issue.

Now instead of my team helping members & people on the server all day long kill the dragon for a chance at a rare, they are gonna do it once, get a rare and then just not do it again until the next day like a daily. Yeah lets reduce even more high end content and chance for people to help each other!

How about you can only do one fractal a day? Maybe you can only do WvW for an hour per day or if you die in WvW it kicks you and you can’t play until the next day? Maybe for crafting we can only covert 10 Ingots a day? Now where getting to some brilliant ideas! (Sooooo.. not really). Again poor decision making, lets reduce what High end content we have even more! :P

Lets add more player frustration to the game! Yeah!

I see now that adding the Auto Rare was DUMB without thinking it through! Now I see the root cause. Sorry i’ve been out sick for few weeks and came back to this issue thats got members going about what’s causing the massive lag & in-ability to loot the dragon chests.

This now has the backlash of having too few people to finish these events, because everyone got their rare the night before and now during the day not enough around to help with event.

OMG.. don’t they test or think of the effects of these types of things first?

Again… Here’s hoping,

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

The chest can still be looted once per character. It is only the guarantee rare portion which is limited to once per account per boss. As for people helping others. Even with the limitation in place, there will still be plenty of people doing the events because not everyone plays at the same time or in the same time zone.

Many things can be treated as a daily in this game if that is the way you see it. Dungeon tokens refreshing at daily? fotm daily chest etc? I don’t do all of those things everyday ( I don’t have the time). Anet put that choice on us, whether we decide to spend our time doing a few daily dragon for their rares or doing a few dungeons or fotm for the tokens etc.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’m on an unofficial oceanic server. Majority on my server are oceanics.

During oceanic times there are no overflows.

During NA times there are overflows.

Guesting not the issue? Hmm… I don’t think so.

Kismet.1487

The chest can still be looted once per character. It is only the guarantee rare portion which is limited to once per account per boss. As for people helping others. Even with the limitation in place, there will still be plenty of people doing the events because not everyone plays at the same time or in the same time zone.

Many things can be treated as a daily in this game if that is the way you see it. Dungeon tokens refreshing at daily? fotm daily chest etc? I don’t do all of those things everyday ( I don’t have the time). Anet put that choice on us, whether we decide to spend our time doing a few daily dragon for their rares or doing a few dungeons or fotm for the tokens etc.

Yes i’m starting to see your point. So if the chest is looted on an alt does it have a chance on the 2nd time it is looted of rare/exotic/precursor or no? or Just greens? This is the question i’m getting. This needs to be spelled out in clear language by ArenaNet. Why can’t it just be the way it was! This is a dumb change.

Also this seems to me like to fix one bad decision, make another bad choice. Instead of just going, opps our mistake, we will change this back to how we had it.

On your last point, yeah what members I have left, that didn’t move on, have the choice of doing the same content over & over they’ve been doing for endless months. I’m on my 5th alt & don’t even play even half or quarter as much as they do. End game content is repetitive and its a struggle somedays just to get people to group up for the “Same old thing”. Will it be WvW, Dragons, Fractals, Influence/Gold Grinding or just do dailies for 30 minutes and log.

This is GW2 major downfall at the moment.

Solve this issue & we got something. It doesn’t have to be a complete new Expansion each time. Just something new & fun to do on top of these things. More things to do as a team, without unrealistic or high grind gates.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I’m on an unofficial oceanic server. Majority on my server are oceanics.

During oceanic times there are no overflows.

During NA times there are overflows.

Guesting not the issue? Hmm… I don’t think so.

Guesting was activated before the free rare patch, in the time between them there were no overflows at all. So guesting is not the issue.

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Overflow hasn’t been a problem at all in off-hours, regardless of server.
I guested on Tarnished Coast this morning to test it and didn’t hit overflow on any event.
The issue has been, and always will be primetime after reset, which is 8pm eastern time. It’s when the most people are on, and everyone is doing the events on their first character. I would imagine nothing will change between 8pm eastern and midnight to 2am eastern. Events like Jormag, Shatterer, Tequatl, SB will still hit overflows continually. It has nothing to do with guesting.
Instead of making ridiculous suggestions like stopping guesting (which will change nothing), think of a real solution like changing the reset time to earlier in the afternoon so that at least a decent portion of the population will have some of the events completed by the time primetime rolls around.

~Tarnished Coast~

Lafiel.9372

Yes i’m starting to see your point. So if the chest is looted on an alt does it have a chance on the 2nd time it is looted of rare/exotic/precursor or no? or Just greens? This is the question i’m getting. This needs to be spelled out in clear language by ArenaNet. Why can’t it just be the way it was! This is a dumb change.

Also this seems to me like to fix one bad decision, make another bad choice. Instead of just going, opps our mistake, we will change this back to how we had it.

On your last point, yeah what members I have left, that didn’t move on, have the choice of doing the same content over & over they’ve been doing for endless months. I’m on my 5th alt & don’t even play even half or quarter as much as they do. End game content is repetitive and its a struggle somedays just to get people to group up for the “Same old thing”. Will it be WvW, Dragons, Fractals, Influence/Gold Grinding or just do dailies for 30 minutes and log.

This is GW2 major downfall at the moment.

Solve this issue & we got something. It doesn’t have to be a complete new Expansion each time. Just something new & fun to do on top of these things. More things to do as a team, without unrealistic or high grind gates.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Yes, the chest which you loot will still have a chance at rares/exotics/precursors. It is just no longer a guaranteed rare anymore. Only the account bound portion of the rare will be handed out one per boss. So in this sense, if you do it as per usual, once per char, you will have times where you get only greens/blues and others where u may get exotic or a rare. As for the account bound section, i’m confident that it is not strictly a rare and is rare and above.

Posted by: SneakyErvin.3056

SneakyErvin.3056

The change will be minimal. Only difference will be that one guaranteed rare.

You will be able to get 14 guaranteed rares after the patch if you do all events. You will still be able to open a total of 14*(x characters). What isnt clear though is if you will recieve daily chest+boss chest when doing the boss the first time of the day or just the daily chest with the guaranteed rare.

Right now when you do a boss you get a minimum of 1 rare in the chest, sometimes 3 and at times even an exotic. Only difference is 1 of the rares. After patch you might still get 2 rares on following alts doing the bosses or none at all and maybe even an exotic.

Most likely the chests have better droprates than pre-feb patch and will stay that way after this patch. I’ve seen alot more rares since the feb patch, not including the guaranteed rares.

Let Valkyries guide me to my destiny.

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I’ll agree with you here. On the side of guesting though.

I’d have to go with people parking alts and doing them on all their alts every time is the problem. Guesting really? No way it’s the people with all their alts. The overflows didn’t happen until the loot changed. Guesting came in before and there weren’t any problems. It’s the loot change and the alts. People just want an easy way to get rares. Park alts at the events and log in for that only. Simple.

Blame your home server brothers and sisters with the huge alt families. I’d have loved to seen them stop the guesting for a week when the loot change happened. You’d have still gotten overflows. It won’t matter now as things are dying down and people are getting bored of jumping on to only play alts for these events.

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

People that park alts at the events will begin to not get chests. You have to play your character, parked characters hit dr and will not get a chest.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’ll agree with you here. On the side of guesting though.

I’d have to go with people parking alts and doing them on all their alts every time is the problem. Guesting really? No way it’s the people with all their alts. The overflows didn’t happen until the loot changed. Guesting came in before and there weren’t any problems. It’s the loot change and the alts. People just want an easy way to get rares. Park alts at the events and log in for that only. Simple.

Blame your home server brothers and sisters with the huge alt families. I’d have loved to seen them stop the guesting for a week when the loot change happened. You’d have still gotten overflows. It won’t matter now as things are dying down and people are getting bored of jumping on to only play alts for these events.

Yes guesting came in before and of course there wasn’t any problems because besides those who guested to farm for extra ori ores etc people didn’t NEED to guest for anything else unless they were actually using it for the purpose of it – to play with friends. Then hello all of a sudden we have these events giving out so many rares and BANG you have every person guesting everywhere and with that comes the overflows.

I am not saying people with alts are not a problem or a big part of it because I believe that is part of it too. But for people to say that guesting has NO share of the blame to take is just ridiculous.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?