Guesting headaches and request

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I’m on Blackgate. Been there since the early access days for preorder.

I play almost every day.

And I finally saw Blackgate main in Lion’s Arch for the first time since the destruction of LA – one day ago, in the middle of the night when I was on because I couldn’t sleep.

Map chat was busy – and it sounded like well over half of main was full of folks guesting. We actually started talking about how many folks there were guesting to BG or a couple of the other tier 1 servers.

I honestly like the guesting system – until it means that players can’t ever get into their home server’s instance.

I’d really, really like to see some kind of better system to allow members of a home server into their own home server instances for major events like this.

During Marionette, I saw my home server maybe once.

During LA Escape, I never saw it.

During the current event, I saw it once.

Please, Anet, figure out a way to let us see our home servers once in awhile?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

It’s because the other servers are deserted. I’m a CD main and I have to guest to BG for LS junk now.

Welcome to GuestGate 2014 \o/

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

As a Jade Quarry resident, I just wanted to take a moment to say Thank You to Blackgate! If it wasn’t for all of your boasting and nicknames like Beastgate, more people might be cluttering my server instead. While I get sent to overflows all the time, for most events I can usually make my way back onto the Main server after awhile.

So attention all potential guesters…Blackgate is 100% successful at all events, always, forever and ever. Jade Quarry fails all events, even in Queensdale. I wholly recommend guesting to Blackgate for all of your living story needs!

(On a more serious note…this really is an annoying issue. Native server residents should get priority over guesters.)

Charak.9761

No ones even here atm

Attachments:

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

If the people who guest to BG just stay and organise things on their own server, it’d be much better for everyone.

Way too many people guest here for inconsequential PvE stuff like LA champ train. Wurm and Teq I can understand – BG has a pretty solid foundation for open world boss raids, but for your regular events like LA? Really?

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Charak.9761

If the people who guest to BG just stay and organise things on their own server, it’d be much better for everyone.

Way too many people guest here for inconsequential PvE stuff like LA champ train. Wurm and Teq I can understand – BG has a pretty solid foundation for open world boss raids, but for your regular events like LA? Really?

Nothing you can do. Anets gross ignorance of their actual player numbers means world events will have to be guested. Low pop servers are suffering and with season2 of wvw coming, they’re going to be starving of even more people.

Posted by: Nate.8146

Nate.8146

I find it kind of funny actually. I too am a resident on Blackgate and one time in battle for LA, the game said my queue popped and I could travel to that instance. When I said yes, it brought me to another overflow. Made me wonder how big the line-up really was.

Something like this however would be extremely low on Anet’s priority list. I’d rather Anet focus on content and profession improvements than worry about whether or not I have reserved rights to the home instance. Besides, any instance with me in it will be awesome

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

Nothing you can do. Anets gross ignorance of their actual player numbers means world events will have to be guested. Low pop servers are suffering and with season2 of wvw coming, they’re going to be starving of even more people.

Maybe if they stop guesting they’ll find that their servers actually have a lot of people.

I was in an overflow once for Wurm and saw 20-30 people from Kaineng there, using BG’s teamspeak. I was just like… lulwut? If these people put a bit of effort into making a solid community on their own server like what BG did early on, they wouldn’t have this problem.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

As a Jade Quarry resident, I just wanted to take a moment to say Thank You to Blackgate! If it wasn’t for all of your boasting and nicknames like Beastgate, more people might be cluttering my server instead. While I get sent to overflows all the time, for most events I can usually make my way back onto the Main server after awhile.

So attention all potential guesters…Blackgate is 100% successful at all events, always, forever and ever. Jade Quarry fails all events, even in Queensdale. I wholly recommend guesting to Blackgate for all of your living story needs!

(On a more serious note…this really is an annoying issue. Native server residents should get priority over guesters.)

Lol! And omg, I’m so tired of feeling used! (Dramatic swoon.)

Agree with your serious note. This has been raised before numerous times. Particularly everytime one of these major events occurs.

I ended up landing on BG once during the Wurm and I think most of us there were from BG and totally shocked we were all actually on our own home server!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Players give up on these kinds of events on my server after only a few days, plus its harder being an Aussie player for these large events. Where am I supposed to do it? A lower server? I guest to get into an overflow since generally the people there are more likely to want to do the main event. I don’t leech or AFK so if I ever do get onto the main servers (BG and TC generally) then I’m contributing to the cause. Which is more than can be said for some of the natives.

Looks like I’m going to have to add JQ to my rotation

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Looks like I’m going to have to add JQ to my rotation

THIS just made the whole thread worthwhile!

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

OP, I agree with u! I’m being kicked out from my “home” (Desolation) by the guesters… I rarely see it. I feel more like a guest to my own home server than I guess the guesters do.

If ppl could just STAY on their home servers I bet they could get 150 peeps to do the Knights events!!!

• Home residents should ALWAYS be prioritzed Before guesters when there is a spot free from an oveflow!
  • If u enter u’r home server and there is guesters on it and its full. One of the guesters would have to move (get a message like “u’ve been moved to overflow due to home-residents entering the map”) to an overflow in order to fill the server with home residents first hand!
Kima & Co

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

My server will do the events for the first day or 2, but after that, I tend to need to guest if I want to achieve anything. Unless I’m just farming, which actually doing in my own semi-deserted server instance is better for. More lootz for moi.

Anyway, I tend to guest to either BG or JQ to intentionally hit an overflow. Yup, you read that right. My husband and I tend to have much better luck with completing things in the OFs than on main servers. No idea why, just how it works for us. If I hit the main server, I’ll leave, wait 10 or 15 minutes, and then try again.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Pie Flavor.1647

Pie Flavor.1647

game is dead gg no re

And I am become kitten, the destroyer of kittens