[Guide] "The Train" of Queensdale (with Map)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheTechnician.1078

TheTechnician.1078

Just wanted to share a HowTo for the Train in the Queensdale area, useful especially if you are a newer player – perhaps you haven’t done it before and want to know more about it and how to take part in it (I see people asking about it in Chat all the time).
There is a labelled map with arrows that show where to go and the Waypoints used. The article also has suggestions (like running to the Waypoints first, if you don’t have them already) and lightly discusses whether you should even do it or not.
The tutorial can be found here:

http://gametipsandmore.blogspot.com/2014/04/guild-wars-2-how-to-ride-train-of.html

Enjoy!

Posted by: sscripko.5387

sscripko.5387

On SoR, we add the bandit to that list, as well as the wasp fairly frequently. It seems that about every other loop the wasp pops while waiting for the boar, and if you are lucky, you can agro them together and kill them at the same time.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

You are missing the Champion Bandit (usually a direct run form the troll, though you can port to Vale for a quick head start or catch up). The Wasp can usually be checked for while the boar pre-event is running.

Your path from the waypoint to spider is also really slow – you can run straight at the spider and just run up the hillside.

I have also formally dubbed the waiting area for the Champion Boar “Baconwatch Hill”. Spread the word!

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

TheTechnician.1078

On SoR, we add the bandit to that list, as well as the wasp fairly frequently. It seems that about every other loop the wasp pops while waiting for the boar, and if you are lucky, you can agro them together and kill them at the same time.

Yes, I hear that many shards do Bandit and Wasp, and while I mention Bandit in the article, I didn’t mark it on the map as I was just getting the ‘main’ ones down (Boar-Troll-Oak-Spider) that it seems every server does ‘for sure’. I’m working on a second map that shows the Alternates (Bandit, Wasp, etc) but haven’t completed it yet.

I gotta get my server to try pull over Wasp/Boar and get them both at the same time too, now

You are missing the Champion Bandit (usually a direct run form the troll, though you can port to Vale for a quick head start or catch up). The Wasp can usually be checked for while the boar pre-event is running.

Your path from the waypoint to spider is also really slow – you can run straight at the spider and just run up the hillside.

I have also formally dubbed the waiting area for the Champion Boar “Baconwatch Hill”. Spread the word!

Helpful info, thanks – Baconwatch Hill it is!

(edited by TheTechnician.1078)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Wow an entire page dedicated to Queensdale train. Is this a joke? XD
I also thought Anet was going to try to kill it off somehow.

Meow, I like that pretty Minecraft picture on the right.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

TheTechnician.1078

Wow an entire page dedicated to Queensdale train. Is this a joke? XD
I also thought Anet was going to try to kill it off somehow.

Meow, I like that pretty Minecraft picture on the right.

lol well, one article so far yes
I too wondered at first why ArenaNet allows the mechanic of these drops (lvl80 if you are 80) on these mobs, but I figured that it doesn’t become ‘one-hit-kill-easy’ (because of the scaling) and it encourages higher levels to help out lower level players (and guildies), so overall it is beneficial to just leave it as is, I suppose

I’m glad you like the pics Enjoy the site!

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

This will totally get merged with your duplicate in the other board…

TheTechnician.1078

This will totally get merged with your duplicate in the other board…

It isn’t a duplicate technically, the other one was worded for and helps the Newer Players (“Players Helping Players”) and this one if for the General Discussion – especially since there are many people here who read often, but never go to the other forum, which typically seems to be the first place Newer Players go. Thanks though, I’m sure it will be ok, but even if they feel they should be merged, that’s ok too

Posted by: GlowSticks.9734

GlowSticks.9734

Also when in doubt, and too lazy to find out where the train is. Head to the boar.
Haven’t done this train for quite sometime… months… But a lot of lazy people at the boar. Contribute to the boar walk by talking with the guy in the house/tavern. Also walking with Emi, and that other guy. Clear boars on the way so that the champion boar even spawns…… I’ll be there at times, well a lot of the times. No one activates the quest to begin with, rofl. All lazy up on the hill. DO SOME WORK

gg

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

It should be noted that while yes, ANet will be nerfing the champion bags, the only thing they’re changing is the amount of silver/gold dropped. I can’t speak for other servers but in Yak’s Bend the players tend to be out for the loot, both the exotics and the possibility of ascended drops.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]