Guild Bounty Bugged?

Guild Bounty Bugged?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

For 2 weeks we tried to complete T1-3 guild bounties only to find we cant talk to any of the npcs to trigger them. We tried killing them in the order that they are on the list and randomly but nothing. Anyone else having this issue and does ANet have anything to say about it?

RP enthusiast

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

Just did one on Sunday with my guild and it worked perfectly. Keep in mind that there is a special setting for activating the guild bounty targets, by default this is only set up available to the guild leader. In our guild we have it set up so that officers can activate them as well. If your leader has not changed this setting it means that while you may be able to activate the bounty mission, only the leader can activate each target individually.

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

i mean the actual killing of the npcs, we find them all active the bounty but cant kill the npcs that are selected. We have it set so officers can activate but i cant do anything with the npcs

RP enthusiast

(edited by Sird.4536)

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Beorn Raukar.4328

Beorn Raukar.4328

An officer has to talk to the Bounty NPC an option to engage in combat will appear, only then can you attack. If you know the option is activated by officers and an officer tried to talk to the NPC I would assume that, like you said, a bug happened. My guild did a T2 on Sunday and a training previous Wednesday and it worked perfectly.

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

Next

In order to trigger the fights you’ll need the “Mission Control” permission. This is can be given to any rank by visiting the the ranks tab of the guild panel.

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

On Blackgate we activated it, was able to kill most of the bounties. We went to Gendarran fields for the one in the barrel. We searched for 10 minutes and no one was able to find a SINGLE barrel. That has never happened before. We also had one that was invunerable for an extended amount of time

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

On Blackgate we activated it, was able to kill most of the bounties. We went to Gendarran fields for the one in the barrel. We searched for 10 minutes and no one was able to find a SINGLE barrel. That has never happened before. We also had one that was invunerable for an extended amount of time

You probably mean Komali. Make sure your guild knows how to remove his shield:
http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/#8

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: IceBlizzard.1054

IceBlizzard.1054

it wasnt komali and it wasnt zero damage. It was “invulnerable”

Dragonslayer
GoF Commander

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

He means Sotzz in Gendarren our guild had similar issues and failed..

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Rylar.4807

Rylar.4807

For Sotzz, he drops a pool of alcohol that makes him invulnerable. You’ve got to wear down his defiant and knock him out of it. We’ve managed it once, but it took some pretty solid coordination on mumble.

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: AnthonyOrdon

Previous

AnthonyOrdon

Game Designer

We searched for 10 minutes and no one was able to find a SINGLE barrel.

I went to Blackgate just now and found him down by the spider caves.

Hiding targets have predetermined spawn locations. This means that there’s one specific barrel that Sotzz with spawn from every single time. The other barrels are effectively decoys, and they will not respawn until Sottz is found. This should make it easier for groups to divide and conquer, since you can tell if a part of the map hasn’t been searched when you find barrels there.

In the case where you’re running around the map not finding any barrels, that probably means that there’s only one or a few left, well off the beaten path.

In the next release, I plan to reduce the difficulty of this one.

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

He means Sotzz in Gendarren our guild had similar issues and failed..

Wasn’t sotzz it was the crusader in sparkfly. Some members reported invul messages while others never got any

On the barrels maybe some warm cold mechanic for when you do find barrels.

Personally I would prefer taunting notes from sotzz that give you a rough Idea if he is close or far away. But leave it up to the community to figure out which taunts mean he is close

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

Guild Bounty Bugged?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

In order to trigger the fights you’ll need the “Mission Control” permission. This is can be given to any rank by visiting the the ranks tab of the guild panel.

i definitely do not have mission control in my guild and have initiated many a fight since i have a commander hat and normally tell people “come to me” after one of our guildies locates himself and the bounty.

i cannot start a bounty hunt. i can definitely start the fight.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions