Guild Capes & Alliances

Guild Capes & Alliances

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lextoc.2856

lextoc.2856

Did they tell anything about these two? I’d love to get guild capes back, they were a great way of showing the guild emblem! And I do realise alliances aren’t necessary as there is no limit anymore on the guild but I’d still love alliances!

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Delusion.5721

Delusion.5721

There is a lot that is sitting on the bench that arenanet has promised. We hav no reason to doubt their honesty, so Im sure eventually we will see all that phased in

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: lextoc.2856

lextoc.2856

Thanks for your answer! I know they got work enough atm hehe, was just curious if they announced anything about it.

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Guild capes will not make an appearance because of the lore in Guild Wars.

The world of Tyria have changed, new races appearing and old races making new bonds. Charr dislike capes very much since it’s just in the way when running on all four. Backpacks are the new capes, which shows your guild emblem. Capes are such an outdated thing to use in the world of Tyria, backpacks are even better because you can store items in them and whatnot.

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: DandySlayer.7019

DandySlayer.7019

The world of Tyria have changed, new races appearing and old races making new bonds. Charr dislike capes very much since it’s just in the way when running on all four. Backpacks are the new capes, which shows your guild emblem. Capes are such an outdated thing to use in the world of Tyria, backpacks are even better because you can store items in them and whatnot.

Why does Guild Wars lore forsake guild capes? Explain.

In fact where does it say the Charr dislike capes? There are short capes you know and that’s what the Charr would probably wear instead of a full length cape.

Yea NO I’m not paying that price for a guildback pack sorry. If capes are outdated then why do people still use carriages when they could use say a Charr tank to move across the country? Why do people still use magic its so outdated. And equipping a back in the game gives you more storage slots? No it doesn’t.

Capes/cloaks are used for concealment of a person and whatever they carry on them which is still quite viable in the world of modern Tyria especially for THIEVES! Plus it would be quite awesome to have them on my mighty characters!

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

In fact where does it say the Charr dislike capes? There are short capes you know and that’s what the Charr would probably wear instead of a full length cape.

Yea NO I’m not paying that price for a guildback pack sorry. If capes are outdated then why do people still use carriages when they could use say a Charr tank to move across the country? Why do people still use magic its so outdated. And equipping a back in the game gives you more storage slots? No it doesn’t.

Capes/cloaks are used for concealment of a person and whatever they carry on them which is still quite viable in the world of modern Tyria especially for THIEVES! Plus it would be quite awesome to have them on my mighty characters!

It’s not in the lore, really. That was just what Izzy said in an interview.

http://gw2.onlinewelten.com/articles,id257,2,interview_guild_wars_2_lead_designer_isaiah_cartwright.html

Guild-Wars2.info: Why did you decide to implement guild back packs instead of capes like we saw in the original Guild Wars?

Izzy: After 250 years, guild fashion has had to adapt and change, especially as more diverse races started working together. The charr, for example, are not a big fan of the capes as they get in the way when running on all fours. The asura have calculated that capes increase the chance of fumbling in combat by 34.76819011% and thus avoid them at all costs.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

They need to add something, the guild gear in game now is pathetic

Guild Capes & Alliances

DandySlayer.7019

They need to add something, the guild gear in game now is pathetic

I like the weapons but that’s it the armors are TERRIBLE. And the backpacks are way over priced! Capes would be amazing! And if clipping is why there not being added that’s bull-kitten! In another thread some one mentioned adding sashimonos would be cool but that would be a problem with Charr definitely.

Guild Capes & Alliances

DandySlayer.7019

It’s not in the lore, really. That was just what Izzy said in an interview.

http://gw2.onlinewelten.com/articles,id257,2,interview_guild_wars_2_lead_designer_isaiah_cartwright.html

Guild-Wars2.info: Why did you decide to implement guild back packs instead of capes like we saw in the original Guild Wars?

Izzy: After 250 years, guild fashion has had to adapt and change, especially as more diverse races started working together. The charr, for example, are not a big fan of the capes as they get in the way when running on all fours. The asura have calculated that capes increase the chance of fumbling in combat by 34.76819011% and thus avoid them at all costs.

AH that interview! That’s a bloody terrible lore cop out by Anet…. There are short capes which they didn’t even bother to think about obviously….

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Leohan.1096

Leohan.1096

Capes do not exist because of clipping issues on Charr and Asura. That “Onlinewelten – Interview mit Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer Isaiah “Izzy” Cartwright”, was just Izzy being cute about the issue and why backpacks replaced capes in development testing.

Capes are simply not possible because of clipping issues with having character races models being so different. (to big or to small). Charr also have that tail that would get in the way.

Guild: Assured Mutual Destruction [ICBM]
World: Isle of Janthir (NA)

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

A cape would be a nice addition to the very small amount of back pieces. I am kinda liking backpacks though. I like both.

Elyl Jrend

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I blame the charr.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Though I would appreciate a cape or two in the future, I think we’re going to see more odd things attached to our backs in addition to backpacks, like donut-shaped objects that resemble the Fractal Capacitors.

If we ever go back to Cantha, maybe we’ll get a Luxon Turtle Shell to put on our back— Ninja Turtle Cosplayers! Unite!

Or maybe a Turn-Key for next year’s Wintersday? We could look like those toy soldiers and the key would rotate periodically so that it looks like someone is going to wind us up.

Or perhaps an Asuran Ghetto Blaster for those who like to make some noise— and you thought the Choir Bells were annoying …

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

We hav no reason to doubt their honesty

Fear not! The dye hues themselves will be unlockable through various means, both in-game and out. Once you unlock the color, it will be available across your entire account, not just the individual character.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”Mike Obrien

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

Alliance capes would be nice for everyone but charr and norn, backpacks or standards on there backs would suit those characters though

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

How about a cape back item for guilds?

And since when did clipping ever stop anything? Clipping is astoundingly prevalent from big coats and fantastical armor pieces.

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Guild Capes & Alliances

Posted by: Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Arcanorum Ignis.9218

Guild Capes
While I loved them in GW1, looking back now I think they look really cheesy and gimmicky. Apart from advertising your guild, they didn’t really do anything or feel special.
The guild items in GW2 I think are better as they cost money which, what with with the multi-guild system, allows you to show which guild you are most supporting of. You are not going to spend your hard earned on guild items for a guild you don’t like that much are you?
Yes the guild armour does look like crap, but that can be changed or new styles added.

Alliances
Alliances came to GW1 with the addition of Factions, of which the Luxon/Kurzick war was a central part of. Guilds would chose which side to fight for and then be able to ally themselves with other guilds of the same faction.
But now we have WvW which is meant to be its successor, replacing Luxons and Kurzicks with other Worlds. Essentially, all the guilds on your entire home world is meant to be considered your ‘Alliance’.