Guild Chat broken

Guild Chat broken

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hootnannius.6782

Hootnannius.6782

Q:

I am a new player and was finally invited to join a guild. I accepted and created a tab for guild chat where I checked the box for “Guild”. When I type /g, I see the abbreviation for the guild and the text turns brown. However, I cannot see anything that I type into guild chat at all. I can’t see anything that anyone else types in guild chat either.

when I switch to zone chat or whisper it works, but not for guild chat.

Can this be fixed?

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

in the chat tab next to the word Guild (the one you ticked) is an arrow. click that and make sure the boxes there are ticked. you should be able to see guild chat then

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This seems to be back. I’ve tried checking and unchecking boxes, repping and not repping, and I know I’m choosing the proper channel in the chat line itself. Continue to get “You’re not a member of this channel.”

If anyone remembers other means of fixing this, I’d appreciate an assist.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure the OPs difficulties weren’t solved by ticking the Guild’s name in the chat tab’s drop-down menu. It comes up often over in the Bugs or Account Issues sub-forums.

Haven’t really seen too many threads/posts on not being able to see Guild Chat that isn’t solved with that ‘fix’. Some confuse the Chat Tab settings (where there is a list of Guild names) with the Guild Panel settings, but once further explanations are given, it’s usually solved. Some patches seem to ‘reset’ UI and/or Chat tab settings.

What does come up is the recurring ‘Cannot connect to the Guild Server’ bug. Maybe your issue has to do with that ‘bug’, as it’s back, yet again (after being reportedly fixed in a recent patch).

Good luck.

Edit: I gave some suggestions to your other (removed) post over in the Bugs sub-forum. =)

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

I seem to remember there being a temporary fix for this by way of setting your status to Invisible and then back to Online. This can be done if you open the Contacts and LFG panel (default key is Y), in the top left corner next to your name.

I’m not personally having any trouble communicating in guild chat, but maybe this will be helpful to someone experiencing this issue.

Good luck!

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Oh, for a moment I thought the OP meant the livestream that ran on the Twitch channel, which we haven’t seen in several weeks…

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This seems to be back. I’ve tried checking and unchecking boxes, repping and not repping, and I know I’m choosing the proper channel in the chat line itself. Continue to get “You’re not a member of this channel.”

The main source of this problem whenever it appeared was always trouble with the login server. Basically, while one component of the game saw you logged in, and belonging to guild, another couldn’t verify it and thus locked you out of some guild services. Though, to be honest, i believe the message at that time was usually something about you being alone on a channel, if i remember right.

Was usually fixed by logging out/in several times, but sometimes you could only wait it out.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: ruzicka.4783

ruzicka.4783

I am having this problem now as well. I can do any other sort of chatting, just not “guild” chats.

I’ve made sure all the correct boxes are checked. I’ve even tried logging out and logging back in, even quitting the game and restarting. Nothing seems to fix it.

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

One other fix I am aware of was setting yourself to offline and then back online.

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

One other fix I am aware of was setting yourself to offline and then back online.

I think that was the main fix. To be clear, this doesn’t mean any kind of relog, it means your setting in the social panel.

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: ruzicka.4783

ruzicka.4783

Did that as well. Guild chat box still not working.

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’m getting the “can not connect to guild server” message often again now. Perhaps it’s related to that?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I believe setting yourself to Invisible status causes this. Not sure about Away. Makes it a tough choice between being able to chat with guildies or NOT putting up with spambots.

Guild Chat broken

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe setting yourself to Invisible status causes this. Not sure about Away. Makes it a tough choice between being able to chat with guildies or NOT putting up with spambots.

If setting yourself to Invisible causes this, it must be hit and miss (on accounts), as I go back and forth between Invisible and Online all the time, and never have had the Guild Chat bug.

Thus, it would be setting your account to Invisible plus something else.