Guild Costume Contest

Guild Costume Contest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Every year, my guild holds an in game Halloween costume contest where players mix and match armor and character looks for fun and prizes. We’ve done this for three years and seen some amazing creativity, including costumes themed around a ninja turtle, Gozer from Ghostbusters, a wide range of superheroes and much more.

This year, we held our contest this past Monday, in order to avoid conflicts with family activities this weekend and on the 31st. We had 19 total entries (down from aprox 30 last year, but that was just after HOT launch), and, again, we had some really creative submissions.

The winner this year dressed as Marvin the Martian (file is linked below), but it was a tight contest with three other entries getting almost as many votes – members dressed as the superhero Hawkman, the Bride from Kill Bill and a War Boy from Mad Max.

Just wanted to share the fun with the rest of the amazing GW2 community.

Attachments:

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Guild Costume Contest

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Accidently linked the group shot above. Here is the pic of the contest winner as Marvin the Martian.

Also, it looks like one of our runner ups didn’t make the group shot – so the shot of the Bride (Beatrix) costume from Kill Bill is also attached.

Every year, I’m really impressed with how creative people can get just mixing and matching armor looks.

Attachments:

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

Guild Costume Contest

Posted by: Mirai Okumori.6205

Mirai Okumori.6205

These are great costumes. I’ve also hosted a costume contest for my guild for three years now. I might post some of the costumes after I get their permission’s and this years contest is done.