Guild Decorations & the TP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

This has been BUGGING me for quite some time. I am a Scribe, 364, and first thing I noticed is that I cannot sell anything I do make in Scribe on the Trading Post.

Yet, every now and again, my husband and I spot a Divinity Lamp for sale on the TP, which is a decoration for the guild hall.

Does anyone know how people managed to sell their GH decorations?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: vonbladewing.5973

vonbladewing.5973

to my understanding you can’kittens a none-profit craft thats one of the big problems for the scribe it cost to much to level but you get hardly any cash back

Captain Commander of a Sky Edge Piracy

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s designed to benefit guilds, not individuals, so of course it’s the least likely to offer profitable things to craft (although, there are some).

Personally, I think if it’s a guild function, then it shouldn’t be an individual unlock — it should unlock for the guild so if the scribe goes AFK, the guild still has the benefit of the craft they helped pay for.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Yes, but that’s not what I asked, unfortunately. Last month, my husband was buying Divinity Lamps off the TP for 30g each. We had no idea how they even put them up for sale considering. as a Scriber, I see first-hand that anything I’ve made for my hall immediately is sent to Assembly, then immediately to storage once assembled, so we have no clue how they were even put up for sale.

Just recently the sales of the lamps stopped, no more had been up for sale since and it’s been almost 3 weeks that we’ve haven’t seen one.

I was simply wondering HOW they did it and that if anyone here on the forums might have known something. My husband and I just assumed it was a glitched that was exploited, but then again, why is almost all Scribe-made objects even listed on the Trading Post at all? It had to have been a glitch.

(Side note and personal, I’m a lvl 377 Scribe, cried my entire journey there before I paused after hearing of the Quarterly updates coming in a couple of weeks, but judging from what I, personally, have spent making various items, 30g for a Divinity Lamp…. waaaaay too cheap, lol, considering the money I invested to even make one, lmao… I’m glad it’s changing for the future. I wish I would have known about the Scribing intentions sooner.)

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I wish we could buy them off the trading post.