Guild Donations, how much is enough?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ballistic.2570

Ballistic.2570

I’m just wondering how much the people who contribute to their guilds typically give.

I give 20g a month, I join the guild zerg on WvW not more than 10 times a month. That’s 2g per night towards seige. There’s usually around 25 of us so I reckon I cover my cost at least.

I’m thinking about giving a bit more though. I know it’s a personal thing and I know my guild would say IF you want to contribute, just give whatever you’re comfortable with. Nice and vague.

If anyone is in a similar situation It would be good to hear how much if anything they contribute to their guild.

I’ve been with my guild over a year. The guild itself is fairly wealthy so an increase from me will make zero difference to the guild overall. This is just a personal thing.

I’m thinking of giving 50g a month going forward… is that too much?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

What matters is that the guild has enough gold to do the things it wants to do when it wants to do them. If you adding another 30g to the pot every month will do nothing as you’ve said it would, then I’d say 20g is enough already!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Every guild has different needs. If you have as much wealth as 49 other guildies combined in a 50-person guild, and you can afford 50g/month, great. If you one of the 49, then I wouldn’t expect you to contribute even 1g

Some guilds don’t spend much and some guilds do. In the end, it’s your choice.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

My guild has 480 members and only around 5 help with donations.
I think I alone donated over 2k gold or more since guild halls got released.
Not complaining tho coz we always said from the start only donate if you want/can.

We still got to lvl68, trying to finish the mines upgrades to get to max lvl now, those infused tools are too expensive.

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Ask whoever runs your guild if the guild needs something more and how you can help more if you feel you need to. Maybe instead of direct gold donations they’d rather people donate food or siege supplies if you are WvW guild. Maybe it’s a time thing where they’d prefer someone to help lead an event one night out of the month or something. Lots of ways to help your guild aside from just donating gold.

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

We are fortunate that most of our guild members give whatever they can whenever the need is there. From our poorest to our most wealthy member, our guild is very generous

We have a fully maxed out guild at the moment. When the leather & cloth nodes became available, our members had it knocked out as fast as humanly possible.

So, IMO, how much to give is how much you want to give and how much you feel comfortable giving to support your guild. If that is 1 copper or 1000g it doesn’t matter. What is it worth to you? Who cares what others give?

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I’ve lost count of how much I’ve donated to my guild, however I’ve been with them for 5 years, led the GW1 guild for a while and am co-leader in GW2 so… I actually enjoy building up the guild hall so I donate what I can afford. Put both my Legendaries on hold to do some of it, but it really wasn’t a huge deal as I can easily farm more. Quite honestly we have about 5-6 people who consistently help out with guild upgrades and a lot of members chip in small amounts for various decorations they’d like to see (even if it’s just the world boss trophies, it’s something). Quite honestly any donations are welcomed so give as much as you personally feel comfortable with.

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I donate mats not gold. Now that our GH is complete, I’ve never seen anyone suggest donating gold for the guild.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

You want an advice about your 50g? Take a look at the guilds needs, if you do not see them, talk to your leader(s) about the future plans. Then take a look on your own money. Pick a sum you can give away without losing your smile. Enough that you can still reach your own goals in the estimated time. Now mail that money to a friend and he shall return to sender. Look at it and look into your wallet. How does it feel? Is it much? Then use only half of it :)

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

(edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870)