Guild Experience Boost

Guild Experience Boost

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

Me and my friend upgraded the tavern to have the Guild Experience Boost because we wanted our guild to be about helping new players, so an experience boost seemed like a great idea, something new players to the game could appreciate.

Only to find out, all of our free to play friends can’t access the guild boosts, even though they can travel to the guild hall, it tells them to use the boost they need Heart of Thorns.

Why would you do this. I think this is the first time something in GW2 has actually disappointed me.

We want to help new people enjoy the game, so they will hopefully enjoy it enough to want to buy things like HoT later. This isn’t the way to do it Anet.

Guild Experience Boost

Posted by: Towatha.4671

Towatha.4671

I remember finding out about this the hard way. My friend, who had bought core Tyria soon after GW2 released, hadn’t bought HoT so the previous exp boosts provided by the guild – in a game she had paid for – was no longer available.

She no longer plays this game with me

Guild Experience Boost

Teennine.3901

I didn’t even think about that, I have friends I’m trying to get back in to the game who purchased Base GW2 when it wasn’t F2P and they won’t be able to use the boost either then.

Ugh. This is just… why did they do this, I know it’s not a huge deal, it’s just boosts, but it’s really bumming me out.

Guild Experience Boost

Teennine.3901

Bumping this… I really want to know why Anet did this and if they would ever consider changing this.

Guild Experience Boost

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is not just the exp boost. It is all the boosts and in some cases people had these buffs available before HoT but they got taken away be HoT.