Guild Hall useless for pvp guilds

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sznurek.8791

Sznurek.8791

Most of pvp guild want to train 1v1 2v2 etc. in their guild halls while waiting for next match. It’s quite frustrating that everytime the match is finished they get kicked back to a city or some map instead of their gh. Arenanet plz change this.

Posted by: Tyloric.7520

Tyloric.7520

“Most”? What’s your sample? ;O

Casteless Wind [Guild Wars 2]
The Secksy Monk [Guild Wars 1]
Stormbluff Isle – Storm Slayer Dragons [SDS]

Sznurek.8791

Okay every pvp guild I personally know. So I should have used some other word. Still it doesn’t make the issue less frustating for players I know.

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

So the issue here is not that guild halls are not helpful for PvP guilds, but that upon leaving a PvP match it kicks you back to a city map rather than the GH? If so, I agree with that sentiment.

If you queue up for PvP from your guild hall, it should return you to the GH after the match ends. That would be a great QoL feature for PvP-centric guilds—join GH to practice and spend time in your personal arena with friends while waiting in queue, then after your match pops and eventually ends, it kicks you back to your GH to continue sparring with guildies.

Personally, I don’t see any negative side to this suggestion, so if that’s what you mean, +1!

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

I also hear they use pve values for confusion and retaliation which may result in silly things.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

it’s also useless for really small guilds because we can’t get one, be glad you have a GH….

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

it’s also useless for really small guilds because we can’t get one, be glad you have a GH….

Common complaint that Anet wont fix, so either get one or dont. FYI you can claim a guildhall with 4 people, probably 3 if its PvE masters. the cost to upgrade stuff however… Well its only like 1000 gold a person for small guilds.

Regarding the arena, it run on PvE (WvW) rules afaik.

Posted by: Shivan.9438

Shivan.9438

Anet’s answer for small guilds was literally find a bigger guild and ask them to help you get your guild hall.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

We were only 3 people when we got our guild hall. We just asked a couple of guys from an allied guild to help out. As long as you enter with less than 10 people you only need to kill 1 enemy pod at a time.

Our guild is currently lvl60 so we have managed to get almost all upgrades as well.

Besides, why would PvP guilds want a guild hall? The PvP lobby is your guild hall as you guys never leave that place anyway.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Sznurek.8791

Because you can’t do sparring matches in heart of the mists and in gh you can. It’s great to fight a 2v2 in gh and then go to a ranked match. There is never the “waiting” part.