Guild Halls

Guild Halls

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Q:

If a guild owns a guild hall does every single member of that guild need to have the expansion to join it? or can you join them in the guild hall with the core game?

Guild Halls

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

from the trailer from e3 it looks like it is located in heart of thorns territory making me assume that yes you will need hot to access it.

https://.www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG5oUKqbIVM
Also 11:10 into that link the dev speaks about needing to have expasion to access things in wvw and pve

Guild Halls

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Considering that apparently the whole current guild system gets migrated to the new guildhall, it may mean losing some parts of the current access (bank?) for those without HoT. Certainly you won’t be able to progress your guild if you haven’t bought the expansion, because the whole upgrade system gets moved to guildhalls. Also, no more merits and influence, and the new currency seems to be obtainable only through new guild mission system, that requires (again ) guildhalls.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Guild Halls

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Considering that apparently the whole current guild system gets migrated to the new guildhall, it may mean losing some parts of the current access (bank?) for those without HoT. Certainly you won’t be able to progress your guild if you haven’t bought the expansion, because the whole upgrade system gets moved to guildhalls. Also, no more merits and influence, and the new currency seems to be obtainable only through new guild mission system, that requires (again ) guildhalls.

so in other words my personal guild that has me and my alt account will both need to have the expansion. I am not going to spend £50 for an alt account just so they can access my guild bank…

do you have any sources i can look into where you got this from?