Guild Halls, Capes, and player housing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

Has there been any information brought forward on any of these topics?

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

If they were coming, we would have heard about them by now.

And as for capes? They can’t make charr tails not clip through their armor, I have no hope they can manage to not make an entire charr clip through a cape.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Anet hasnt stated anything about those topics in a long time. last time they mentioned them was during Queen Jenna event. Capes would be too demanding due to all the collisions necessary for it to work. Guild Halls, if they are going to do them they want to make them epic (more than GW1). Player Housing will come out same time as Guild Halls if they do them. (hence the ifs) This is just information i read from Anet announcements since day 1 about each of those subjects.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

This is stuff that the player-base really wants.

So no, don’t expect it anytime soon.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Most likely we will get them in an expansion.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

Can’t remember where but I read that they weren’t working on it atm

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

They’re definitely aware that these things like GvG are aspects the player population desires (especially GW 1 veterans). They have openly stated that they are not working on these projects at the moment. My guild is massive and it would be a lot of fun to have a epic guild hall to match, but I understand why some of these things aren’t being worked on because they are not high priorities in the functioning of the game.

I terms of capes, clipping issues would be too much of a hassle. They have already put in guild armour, backpacks, and two types of guild back banners, as well as guild weapons and a finisher, so displaying your dedication to your guild has really already been facilitated.

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Posted by: KarlaGrey.5903

KarlaGrey.5903

2 words – Custom Arenas.

RIP ‘gf left me coz of ladderboard’ Total views: 71,688 Total posts: 363

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

^ Yep = /

This isnt necessarily the rule, but changes like this in particular that people have been looking for since day 1 have a tendency not to show up for a long while. Wondering how many people will still be playing by the time they put Guild Halls in GW2.

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

^ Yep = /

This isnt necessarily the rule, but changes like this in particular that people have been looking for since day 1 have a tendency not to show up for a long while. Wondering how many people will still be playing by the time they put Guild Halls in GW2.

Well it’s B2P so the day they would put Guild Halls in would be a day when a lot of the players left would return. That’s the beauty of having no sub.

One – Piken Square

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Ugh no no capes. I got enough of capes in other games.

What we need is an influx of new awesome useful worldly job style backpacks!

Like these!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

can i get a cow mini and a cow backpack anet?

i actually don’t understand why people want housing especially in guild wars, maybe it’s just me.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: hip.8435

hip.8435

Lmao. It’s funny cuz it’s true. And it’s true…cuz it’s funny.

Palador.2170

can i get a cow mini and a cow backpack anet?

i actually don’t understand why people want housing especially in guild wars, maybe it’s just me.

In part, it’s a way to customize your character. Yes, it’s not a part of your character, but it’s still something that goes with them in a way, so there is a link.

Also, it’s the one part of the world you can have a big effect on. You can rescue that village from centaurs a dozen times, but they’ll still keep getting invaded. You make a change in your house, though, and it stays until YOU decide to change it. That’s actually kind of rewarding to some people.

You can also impress people with it. Even if you don’t have the largest house or the longest list of options that someone can earn, if you’re good at adjusting what options you have, you might end up with something other people find impressive. That’s a good feeling. Playing around with the options trying to find that good combination is also a lot of fun for some people.

Palador.2170

Well it’s B2P so the day they would put Guild Halls in would be a day when a lot of the players left would return. That’s the beauty of having no sub.

It’s also the day when a lot of ex-players hear about it and go “Meh, I’m happy enough with (insert game here) now”, and don’t bother to patch up and check it out.

Posted by: Kanobi.3627

Kanobi.3627

I really want them to make a GH, just because it is a really good Guildies Gathering, its a great place to socialize and such. It’s good for the Guild Community, I know they have like Guild Missions and such, but why not add some spice to it by making GH? And capes, I really want capes to come back, but yes Charr’s tails are in the way, but they can always have the Guild Cape a little bit shorter for Charr’s so it won’t look weird and stuff. But yeah I really want a GH, not only is it a good Guild Gathering, it also brings back some Gw1 in it! It’s perfect, and you can PvP in GH. So I really hope they would make a GH, at least consider it, I know it won’t be soon, but as long as they are making it, I’m cool with that.

Groll of Ascalon:
Guild Leader of “Starkillers Reign-STAR-”