Guild Halls, Mail and Chat

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Simulator.4687

Simulator.4687

First of all can you bring back Guild Halls. these can be like home instance but only available to those representing that guild. these where great place in the original guild wars. you could meet all your guild mates there and organize a party etc. I also remember that when a member of the guild died in real life we all met there to remember him. also you could make it so you can upgrade the hall by working as a guild or as rewards for guild events.

Second. the Mailing System is an issue for guild leaders when they have to sent a lot of mail out to guild members. You can be messaging one minute and then your messages are being held because you have done too much messaging. if you are a guild leader you should be able to at least mail members of your guild without this issue.

Third. the Chat System could use a bit of work. you could make it that when you send a guild message it sends it to everyone in your guild even if they arent representing. its hard to organise guild events when people are in multipal guilds and might be elsewhere at the time. this will make it easier than having to whisper to every person in your guild to organise things. you can make it so that the guild message will tell you which guild it is from.

eg.

Guild [BEEP]: Hey everyone
Guild [TK]: Events happening soon.
Guild [LOUD]: Whats everyone up to tonight?

Posted by: shaquinna.2869

shaquinna.2869

Second. the Mailing System is an issue for guild leaders when they have to sent a lot of mail out to guild members. You can be messaging one minute and then your messages are being held because you have done too much messaging. if you are a guild leader you should be able to at least mail members of your guild without this issue.

I second this idea. I clear our roster every 2 – 3 months or so ( a LOT easier with the ‘last online’ thank you very much). When I remove a member I always send them a mail inviting them back whenever they start playing again. Ofcourse this is my own choice, but it would be so much easier if I did not get supressed every 2 mails :/

That’s just an issue I bring upon myself, but we also organize bigger guild events where we, for example, hand out some prizes or we’d just like to mail our members information (also those who are currently offline).

We can put some information in the message of the day, but not if the information from the event is different for everyone (and secret to another, like in a ‘secret santa’ event amongst 50 members).

I think mailing is essential for communication between the leader and the members. And it’s rather frustrating that you have to wait a couple of minutes after sending 2 mails when you’d like to mail 150 to 300 members of your guild.

Maybe there could be an option to select ‘guild mail’ for leaders in a guild (bound to the highest rank in a guild) when they want to send a mail. Those mails can only be send to someone who is actually in the current guild including members who do not represent at the time. Leaders can give the option to ‘guild mail’ to a certain rank if they like (officers for example). And members can block ‘guild mail’ if they want (perhaps even from a specific guild).

Evanny
[EU] Piken Square
Representing: ‘The Only One’ [One]

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ve never had much of an opinion on Guild Halls. I wasn’t a part of a large GvG guild in GW so it never phased me that GW2 doesn’t have them.

However, with the emergence of the Megaservers, I think Guild Halls are important to implement now. The Megaservers have made zones busier (which is good) but it’s now harder to gather a large group together in a single zone for organized play (which is bad). A Guild Hall would be a great instanced gathering point for guild members to prepare for organized content. Each Guild Hall could have an asura gate that transports players to a zone, as designated by an event leader, so that everyone is in their own Megaserver zone instance together. It’s up to Anet to figure out the technicalities and what-not. But this could be a hugely useful tool for guild event coordination.

Also, GvG.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Simulator.4687

Simulator.4687

shaquinna.2869:
Maybe there could be an option to select ‘guild mail’ for leaders in a guild (bound to the highest rank in a guild) when they want to send a mail. Those mails can only be send to someone who is actually in the current guild including members who do not represent at the time. Leaders can give the option to ‘guild mail’ to a certain rank if they like (officers for example). And members can block ‘guild mail’ if they want (perhaps even from a specific guild).

I like this idea. I would like something similar with the chat system as well. They should also incorporate a voice chat system. I dont see why we should have to use an outside program for voice chat to organise big workd events. The three head wurm is next to impossible to do and a chat sysrem and voice system would work well for that. Mybe even a voice to txt for the chat system.

Posted by: arjeidi.2690

arjeidi.2690

As far as Guild Halls go, I’d love them but I dread ANet making them accessible only to large guilds or the richest players. I no longer trust them to make things available to all players

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

For the chatsystem i wish to see anet fixing the issue, that pms are not received when somebody is in the charackterselection.

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

Guild Halls are promised since beta, and there is still no REAL content like that after years of waiting…
Honestly when they released Gw2 i was like Extremely disappointed about the fact, Devs totally lie to us. They told us we have features that were good in Gw1 in Gw2 to….Guild Halls are still one of the best things i encountered in Mmorpg games (and trust me i played almost all since ragnarock and eq1), yet they still didnt even mention it.
Honestly, i am waiting for content…and if there wont be an expansion…i am so kittening done with this bs they keep feeding us.