Guild Halls availability to all?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I was just wondering, and I don’t know if it had been said and I missed it somehow, but…

For those who do NOT purchase HoT, guilded with those who did, , will the Non-HoT players have access to the guild hall their guild has claimed or is that where HoT is a prerequisite?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I believe that you have to own HoT to have a guild hall. I was sure when I originally wrote this, but after thinking about it, I’m not.

Edited

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Well… doesn’t that just suck puddy balls…

looks at her 5 other accounts "You’re SoL, girls…

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Teleniel.1809

Teleniel.1809

It looked like they said you would be able to get the guild-hall benefits in the communal area in Lion’s Arch where the guild hall event line starts from. If they are in a guild which has a guild hall anyway.

Posted by: Zok.4956

Zok.4956

You have to own HoT to have a guild hall. Non HoT players will not be able to enter the guild hall.

I remenber (maybe I am wrong) that someone from A-net said, that there will be a button in the guild menue, so that every guild member can travel from all maps to the guild hall. I concluded from that, that a player without HoT can travel to the guild hall, after the guild hall was claimed from players with HoT.

Did A-Net explicitly say that only players with HoT can enter the guild hall?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You have to own HoT to have a guild hall. Non HoT players will not be able to enter the guild hall.

I remenber (maybe I am wrong) that someone from A-net said, that there will be a button in the guild menue, so that every guild member can travel from all maps to the guild hall. I concluded from that, that a player without HoT can travel to the guild hall, after the guild hall was claimed from players with HoT.

Did A-Net explicitly say that only players with HoT can enter the guild hall?

I could be wrong on this, actually. So I should probably edit my original post to reflect uncertainty.

Posted by: Ingros.7801

Ingros.7801

From reading the blog posts and watching the live stream I think you have to have HoT for the actual guild hall (i.e. tavern building/ arena/teleportal/new skins). However all the guild functions like missions, buffs, bank, and scribing you can do at LA at the Guild HQ thing and by way-pointing to the missions themselves like now. Not sure about if they added missions to the new HoT maps though, those could be locked out. I would be really happy if Anet would clarify this somewhere though.