Guild Halls for the little people too?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

My husband and I, we have a guild between us, where only the two of us are members. No one else. All of our secondary accounts are in the guild roster but it’s still only the two of us.

Will we be able to go and fight, just the two of us, to claim a guild hall that will solely belong to just my husband and I? Cause, my fear in watching the video on it is that we’re gonna have to have a ban of people just to lay claim to one.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

There is no answer to this yet. The live stream last night showed what appeared to be a fairly large size group event for the fight to claim the guild hall. However, that doesn’t mean there may not be some sort of scaling but no other details have been provided at this time.

I’ll probably just pay a bunch of people gold to temp join my personal guild to do the fight so I can have my own place. That said, it appears they are getting rid of influence and replacing it with favors that are achieved through guild events. So a small guild may have a hard time earning what is needed to upgrade the guild hall.

The Burninator

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yah, a good question. Maybe you can get friends to be temporary guild members? Join up with other small guilds with the same problem and rep them to help if they rep you? I heard one suggestion of paying people to join the guild temporarily.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I see the “WTS myself for claim guild hall -1g” incoming

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Even small guilds should be allowed to earn enough favor for upgrades. Don’t understand why this shouldn’t be the case.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I see the “WTS myself for claim guild hall -1g” incoming

lol Hey, I’d do it!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

For the little people? I don’t think they will discriminate against Asura …

Posted by: Gilgalas.7860

Gilgalas.7860

How this will work is yet to be announced. However, even if unlocking the guild hall steps still require a minimum amount of players (let say 15), there are still some alternatives:
*I am both part of a larger (very active) community and my own small 3 ppl guild. The large community has already announced that it will help members to unlock their alternate small guild halls
*You may join up with some other small guilds that encounter the same problem and help one another for free to unlock guild halls

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Guild Halls Interview:
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=36174

Small guilds reference at the bottom.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I didn’t put it in the other thread about this but not having either of my guilds that I’m an active part of being able to access guild halls would actually cause me to effectively give up the game. Not entirely but my play time would drop a lot and I know some of my guild members would just quit.

Well, thank you reapex. I am now a helluva lot more confidant that guild halls won’t be the cause of my leaving the game

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Posted by: Diva.4706

Diva.4706

We also have a small family guild, so I hope we can have a guild hall, even if it’s just a smaller version.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

Yeah but there’s only 2 people in mine. Me and my husband, in many ways, that doesn’t even qualify as an actual guild, so… this is what I’m kinda afraid of, ya know?

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

My hope as stated in another thread is that they’ll make it like guild missions now, where a guild starts the mission and then anyone in the map can join in. Then mercenaries can slug it out with the Mordrem for pay, or communities can do a “barn raising” where everyone helps out, taking turns who starts the run. This would even let personal guilds get the hall if enough friends join the assault.

Posted by: yakuza snowdragon.4639

yakuza snowdragon.4639

I have the same worry, I’m a solo guilder and hoping I can claim mine solo to.

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

My husband and I, we have a guild between us, where only the two of us are members. No one else. All of our secondary accounts are in the guild roster but it’s still only the two of us.

Will we be able to go and fight, just the two of us, to claim a guild hall that will solely belong to just my husband and I? Cause, my fear in watching the video on it is that we’re gonna have to have a ban of people just to lay claim to one.

The fact they getting rid of influence system, seem to suggest that they moving away from the solo guild concept.

Posted by: IIvIIozzie.9250

IIvIIozzie.9250

No, you don’t deserve it.

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

I was going to say I play with myself and then realised that sounded wrong, so I’ll rephrase. I have a guild of one. Me… So I’m going to be kittened!

Anx

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

I was going to say I play with myself and then realised that sounded wrong, so I’ll rephrase. I have a guild of one. Me… So I’m going to be kittened!

I’ll help you unlock your hall!

I have a fairly small guild, thinking that between 6-8 of us might be on to capture the hall… so I hope the content isn’t too gated for wee guilds.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Posted by: anx.7549

anx.7549

Thank you I only created it to be honest to stop all of the guild invites I was getting. I prefer to play alone and was getting frustrated at all the invites popping up! Maybe all of us small guilds can band together?

Anx

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Thank you I only created it to be honest to stop all of the guild invites I was getting. I prefer to play alone and was getting frustrated at all the invites popping up! Maybe all of us small guilds can band together?

I was thinking about small guilds banding together for anything we may need to unlock. It might be worth it if we tentatively consider an unofficial alliance system, through a thread or something, in case we need to get something going. Pending more information of course. We may not need to be social at all

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?