Guild Halls & or GvG any time in near future?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DKzPixel.3792

DKzPixel.3792

Hiyas,

Been away for a bit now, tried searching for the answer to this old but goldie…

Will we have GvG (also Guild Halls) anytime soon? One of the things many feel is missing from the game overall is the ability to play GvG matchups therefore also beggars the question whether we will ever see Guild Halls. This aspect of GW1 is sorely missed and having the ability to “chill” in peace within the confines of our own Guild Halls and NOT have to load into LA or some other random map. Halls served as a great place to meet up with Guildies and plan battles against other Guilds (whether on our server or mixed servers). I know this is an aspect that MANY of our older crew miss as the Halls in GW1 were magnificent and they kinda gave us the feeling that we really belonged to the game.

Not everyone is into WvW and some can easily get overwhelmed by the number of Living Story type updates etc due to their inability to play every day… GvG would be a great way to ease some of those tensions imho.

Thanks for any useful news here
Pixel

DKz Pixel (Leader)
The Order of Digital Knightz [DKz]
Commander Dkz Pixelette – Borlis Pass US since Beta!

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

GvGs would be awesome :C I create quite some topics about GvGs , they all died though :C

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

Huge patch coming out around April, around the launch of ESO. Maybe that will have some GvG love in it? =D

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

We kind of have a GvG system its in WvW though its a very informal type of system a real GvG system is going to be in sPvP with its limitation to gear sets if you want a GvG in a formal way.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

No word on them even starting to plan to maybe someday consider trying to develop either of those.

In other words: No.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

No GvG here , Or else they would have mentioned it , Stick to Living world and raids dude

[WM]give us in game ladder

Posted by: sanguin.8573

sanguin.8573

i support op
also: heroes ascent pls!

but skill/profession system is bad/brokem and leaves little to no room for build planning /tactics

i miss gw1

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

I would prefer an official GvG game mode first. Halls would be nice, but would take a lot of time to make. The size of the hall doesnt matter to me, as long as they are not half finished looking.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: CursedShaitan.9720

CursedShaitan.9720

My favorite memories of guild wars was GvG. I think it would be a great addition to WvW and the present PVP options.

Posted by: Acean.2481

Acean.2481

I would like a guild hall so I can get my group in one spot with no hassle. The GvG would be great too to have on the side maybe connect it to WvW in some way.:-)

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

If you want to have Guild Halls and GvG soon, you will probably have to find another game that offers it.

That’s what my magical 8-ball told me.

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

what about guild leader/officer tag similar to commanders which can be seen only by guild members? insted of making that target tag. that would be good addition for wvw guilds.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I have no clue about coding or how difficult it would be to implement, but WHY is there no 5 guildies vs 5 guildies in sPvP? It seems like it would be an easy thing to do because there are already 5 person teams in PvP. So why is it we cannot make a 5 person team of our guild members to match up against another guild?

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I have no clue about coding or how difficult it would be to implement, but WHY is there no 5 guildies vs 5 guildies in sPvP? It seems like it would be an easy thing to do because there are already 5 person teams in PvP. So why is it we cannot make a 5 person team of our guild members to match up against another guild?

You can do that with a private arena.

Another quick question about guild halls (never played GW1):

What features did guild halls have that i dont have on the Royal Terrace?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can do that with a private arena.

Another quick question about guild halls (never played GW1):

What features did guild halls have that i dont have on the Royal Terrace?

Space, and the ability to choose your theme. You could also choose your NPCs, which may or may not be desirable. Also, you could log into your Guild Hall, not that logging in right outside the Terrace is such a big deal.

Probably space and theme are the big ones…at least in my estimation. There were some GvG functions associated with Guild Halls that some might find more important, though.

Posted by: Kurakura.7281

Kurakura.7281

I seriously don’t know why this is called Guild Wars 2 since there is no War between guilds or GvG of any kind…. not even guild halls. With Guildwars 1 the main focus of that game was mainly high stakes GvG with big cash rewards, with great spectator view. GW2 has none of that. It just has sPvP that has nothing to do with guilds. I’m sure its a matter of time before they bring out GvG and guildhalls but…

At this rate, I think they need to rename the game to “Tyria Online”

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

for what i noticed in terms of history related the new wvw map is somewhere nearby Hall of heroes, so anet might got plan to “terraform” gw2 over time.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

NO and don’t mention anything about gw1 ever again where devs can hear you.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Wanze, saying, “You can do that with a private arena,” is like telling a city who wants a major sports team that they put together a team anytime and go have a game in the park. You completely miss the point. In GW1, GvG was organized, your guild had a rank and points based on your GvG play. Read this all the way through: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild_vs_guild
And then when you’re done reading, tell me again how I can do ALL THAT in a PRIVATE arena.
(rolls eyes)

Posted by: Mazreal Blackknight.1564

Mazreal Blackknight.1564

In guild wars 1 there was a ton of stuff in a fully equipped guild hall. If they add it here I would like to have crafting tables there, merchants, guild people (weapon, armor, emblem changers…) and a black lion person. That way myself or my guild don’t have try and load into a main city.

Would take a lot of lag in LA out. I loved picking a new theme.

Posted by: Midnattsol.4503

Midnattsol.4503

GW2 could benefit largely with a Guild Hall and Guild Vs. Guild with It’s own personal maps.