Guild Heists

Guild Heists

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Scylvestor.1508

Scylvestor.1508

IS it illegal to join a guild, grab their goods and leave? I want to get a guild going where that is like our premise and kind of build an internal guild economy centered on the gold and mats in another guilds stash I think if we have permission that is okay? Any help here, i don’t want to break any rules i lovve guild wars too much

Guild Heists

Posted by: Cassellw.4731

Cassellw.4731

new guildees have to wait 3 days before bank access just in case u didnt know

Guild Heists

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

So, you basically want to create a guild, where you’re all known as being kittens for stealing other peoples hard work? Good luck with that.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Guild Heists

Scylvestor.1508

Oh yes i know that, but yeah i thought it would introduce a new way to playy the game. even some soleplaying, i intend for other elements but i thought that would be the defining factor. A lot of people would enjoy that. IT could bring political and economoical factors into the game too.

Guild Heists

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Pretty sure I’ve heard of people that have joined guilds, emptied their guild banks, and left the guild as having received perma-bans for it.

Guild Heists

Posted by: Dreaminspace.2638

Dreaminspace.2638

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-conduct-breaches-outcomes/

I don’t condone this type of gameplay as I played as a Pirate/Corp Spy in EVE Online.
However within GW2 this type of action would probably be classified as both harassment and “scamming”. Both of which are against Guild Wars 2 Conduct so I would advise against.

However if you really wish to take part in this type of gameplay I recommend EVE Online. <3

Guild Heists

Scylvestor.1508

Ahh well that is some insight. But i did see the Devs said if you are given permission than it is more of an in house problem.

Guild Heists

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It is more of an in house problem, but that doesn’t mean that if you get reported several times nothing will happen.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Guild Heists

Scylvestor.1508

Yeah i anticipated that, no one likes a nuisance.

Guild Heists

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

What kind of guild would allow members to withdraw anything valuable from the guild bank anyway?

Guild Heists

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Heehee what a funny concept. Why not go to the police and ask them if it’s ok to create a gang/group where you can go and rob business? Of course it can only be businesses that will allow it! Some how, I can’t see that happening. Well it could I guess, from those who want to claim insurance….. but then again we have no insurance companies here. Do you plan on starting one of those too? :P

I am not trying to be rude or anything, just had to comment because it’s posts that like these that make you think outside the box and when you do, you just have to laugh at how crazy some people’s imaginations can be. A good laugh of course “with” and not “at”!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Guild Heists

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

This is why in most guilds you have to ask an officer to withdraw anything of value nowadays.

- BG -

Guild Heists

Scylvestor.1508

Right, and if you have permission then it isn’t “stealing”, which is what makes it an in house problem. When i started playing i joined several guilds that gave me access to the stash, albeit there was little in it.

Guild Heists

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

So wait…

• You want to make a guild that uses a stash
  • Said stash would be filled with goods stolen from other guilds
  • You somehow think your own members won’t steal from your own guild

Or are you banking on some kind of “honor among thieves” in a video game?

Have you ever heard of Prisoner’s Dilemma? I think it’s exactly applicable to your situation.

Guild Heists

Posted by: zaced.7948

zaced.7948

i’m totally gonna join, just give me access to your guild stash so i can sort all the stolen goods.

and i thought i already saw the lowest of the low …

Guild Heists

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Well first of all, either this is a troll post or you are the dumbest thief, no- person, ever to post on these forums.

And second, Anets official stance is that they will without a doubt permaban people who get caught doing this.

Just taking a little too much is a grey area that they let guilds handle internally. Cleaning or nearly cleaning out a guild bank on the other hand, especially if done multiple times, will be considered theft and harassment and will without a doubt lead to a ban.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Guild Heists

Scylvestor.1508

Can you link that Conncept?

Guild Heists

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Great idea to make a post about it and show your acc name > You seem like a smart guy.

Guild Heists

Posted by: VaaCrow.3076

VaaCrow.3076

I hope you do this and get banned, it’s kittens like you that ruin both real life and now video games for other people.

[Rise] Madness Rises Guild Leader [Kei Shade-ranger]
May our BL break all foes. Fear our babou!
Gunnars Hold Represent! <3

Guild Heists

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I don’t know how ANet handles such cases as the OP’s, but they are likely to use the 3 strikes, you’re out rule for individual cases.

They’ll also be able to see guild tags and guild members. If you and your guildies keep getting reported then it goes way beyond an in guild measure and becomes a group thieves and scammers working together. Once ANet realizes that, their best option is to ban all in the guild who have been reported at least once and put a note on the accounts of all the others.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Guild Heists

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Wtf is this a troll or not

9 Guardians later…