Guild Hopping for infinite gold/rares?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there something in place to stop me from joining a guild, getting the guild rewards for that guild, quitting the guild and joining a different guild? Or can I get an infinite number of rares/gold by just hoping around different guilds all day long?

This would have been something i’d try if there was a test server, but there isn’t and this is a potential exploit that If it makes it to live servers won’t be punished for based on Anets track record, so please make sure this isn’t a possibility BEFORE you launch the patch.

Posted by: Turkman.1089

Turkman.1089

From what I gathered, you only get rewards if you’re actively participating in the guild events. (I mean, it would be pretty silly, if they offered rewards for something you didn’t participate in, wouldn’t it?)
Therefore, if you find multiple guilds that are ok with you not representing all the time and are still large enough to complete the challenges, then I guess no one will hinder you.

Abaddon’s Mouth
Renth/Eirik
[DP] Diamond Pirates

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Are getting a few golds worth getting that reputation? Even with guesting, there are only so many times you could do this before the guilds that regularly kick off events start catching your account name joining/quitting.

People can get to be pretty recognizable in GW. More so than other MMOs i’ve played. You could find people randomly kicking you from groups, not inviting you to guilds or booting you from dungeons before too long.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

“Remember that you can receive that reward once per Mission-type per week, but that’s still nothing to sniff at.”

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/flameseeker-chronicles-the-gathering-storm-preview/

So no, you can only get them once a week.

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

“Remember that you can receive that reward once per Mission-type per week, but that’s still nothing to sniff at.”

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/02/26/flameseeker-chronicles-the-gathering-storm-preview/

So no, you can only get them once a week.

Oh I haven’t seen that article yet, thanks for the link. As long as that’s not per guild then that should take care of it.