Guild Leader and officer Titles

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I was thinking about the community aspect of guildwars and I think it would be beneficial if Guild leaders and officers could set there title to “guild officer” and “guild leader” assuming they are representing the guild they own.

This way when you see a player you can designate the guilds leaders and build a brand up. It would be nice to see a new guild and the guild leader tag under someones name, you would link that guild to that player.

I imagine Guild leader would be fixed to the 1 rank at the top, then guild officer would be a tickbox the leader enables for that rank to allow them to turn on that title.

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

this is an amazing idea i second this, please move this to the suggestions

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

They would be nice if only the ppl in the guild can see them. To just be a leader of the guild to give you a titles then ever one will have such a title and we will be back to square one.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

They would be nice if only the ppl in the guild can see them. To just be a leader of the guild to give you a titles then ever one will have such a title and we will be back to square one.

Um, what?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Um, what?

So a lot of ppl have there one man guild for the bank so they are a leader of a guild if they want to be and they can have such a title up making it very pointless. So i say if you want this it should be with in that guild so only of that guild can see the titles.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

Um, what?

So a lot of ppl have there one man guild for the bank so they are a leader of a guild if they want to be and they can have such a title up making it very pointless. So i say if you want this it should be with in that guild so only of that guild can see the titles.

Why do people get so wrapped up over titles like this?

RedCobra.7693

because shootsfoot thinks the OP wants it to show off, being a guild leader myself it would be good to publicise guild branding by allowing people to know the positions of the guild [guildtag]{GL} like so, still an amazing idea imo, oh and…

NECROPOST FOR THE WIN!!!

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

because shootsfoot thinks the OP wants it to show off, being a guild leader myself it would be good to publicise guild branding by allowing people to know the positions of the guild [guildtag]{GL} like so, still an amazing idea imo, oh and…

NECROPOST FOR THE WIN!!!

Other than you necroing this thread this is a terrible idea.

I get enough PM’s about people wanting info on the guild or gold spam. I don’t need people telling me to kick so and so out of the guild because so and so did such and such in a dungeon.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

Posted by: The Outsider.8630

The Outsider.8630

I don’t mind this idea, and honestly if you see a player who is the guild leader of some unrecognizable one man guild, there would be no showing off because players who see it would be. alright this guys the guild leader of… (insert random unrecgonized guild name here) Cool, that means nothing to me. But if you saw the guild leader for a big name then ya you’d be like o wow!. I guess another thing they could do is make it an unlock for a guild, so one man guilds cant get it.

RedCobra.7693

really? so because YOU would turn yours off because you dont think its a good idea you would deny others from having the option to have it on?

RedCobra.7693

now youre getting it outsider in WvW aswell it would make it possible for enemies to see the leader if you wanted that option there, when i host duels it would be nice for allies when asking for an inv aswell

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

I like this too if you had the ability to turn it on and off.

It would be good for both leaders and officers.

The only problem I really see is that many guilds have many different kinds of positions with different levels of permissions. How would this be handled?

RedCobra.7693

its a difficult one indeed, probably the best way is just have bronze silver and gold circles that could appear next to the [guildtag] making it less of an eyesore, you can then attach the 2 lower colours to as many ranks as you want to signify to others rank quality

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

I like this idea aswell – we were just talking about this yesterday actually, which is quite funny XD

There can be more than 1 guild leader however, so make sure all guild leaders get the guild leader title and not just one person If it is a title you can use it when you want and turn it off for example in wvw, when you wouldn’t want anyone to see it. A very simple way to introduce some guild representation option in public.

Posted by: Hjorje.9453

Hjorje.9453

I could support an idea like this. I think this would be really good in PvE and WvW. In PvE when running guild missions, sometimes you run into other guilds doing the same, it would be nice to figure out who is in charge to coordinate things with so you don’t step on each others toes.

But I would want the options to turn it off also.

Hjorje

RedCobra.7693

2 guild leaders is quite common tbh and they share the exact same rank so why not title such is the case in my guild, we’re brothers and we both have the guild leader rank, im the structure and knowledge of the guild and he is the face and oraganiser of the guild, so both would need the title.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

I think that in general, having a guild title to toggle on or off is a good idea. Not just for Guild Leader, though. Officers and Recruiters could benefit from a simple title that one could turn off and on as needed.

It really shouldn’t make a difference as far as what everyone else sees, as there are tons of titles out there to be had. Having an Officer tag or a Leader tag is no different in theory than having a Commander tag. If one doesn’t want the world to see it, simply turn it off.

I know if I was interested in a group of (insert guild name here) players having a party and wanted to know more about them, and I saw a few with “Officer” or a “Leader” title, I could whisper them directly about information for the guild.

If it were possible to toggle the titles on and off, the leaders and officers could simply turn them off if they don’t want to be bothered.

Ok, so I know it’s a necro thread, but I personally think it’s a nice idea.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I like the idea but working in a different way.
Instead of titles make it different name colors, for example, when you see a guild member it appear as an orange name for you, but the same player appear with other color to people outside your guild, so why not make guild leader and officers appear in a different color for the guild members, it would make guild events easier and wouldn’t make any difference for people outside the guild also wouldn’t allow any exploit of making self guild just to get the title making the whole feature useless.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I do agree that a guild leader ‘title’ would probably be used in an over abundance, since there are a lot of people out there with 1 person guilds. There would probably be several GL’s out there that couldn’t care less about ‘advertising’ that way either, for any number of reasons – like they don’t bother displaying any title or they have a specific one they prefer instead.

Additionally, how might the system recognize leaders and officers if the tiers use customized names? Some players might also want to use their ‘customized’ tier name instead instead of just ‘guild leader,’ after all, that’s sort of the point of being able to name the tiers however we want. How would someone seeing something like that know that the person is the guild leader or an officer?

How would guild with co-leaders be handled? Would the co-leaders be recognized by the system as a ‘leader’ or as an ‘officer,’ at which point, might the system then not recognize actual ‘officers’ and people not get the titles they should have?

It would be an interesting concept to try to code, and there are a lot of variables to consider that I think a lot of people don’t necessarily think about.

Edit: Also, instead of making this a ‘title,’ I think I would opt more for a simple notation beside my guild name on my character picture. So, perhaps in parenthesis after the guild name on your avatar picture you would have (Leader) or (Co-Leader) or (Officer).

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

SNIP

I agree with you 100%

Maybe we are getting to detailed. Maybe just a tag that lets people know you are part of your guilds leadership that can recruit members. That way it can be used to both let people know you are guild leadership and can be used as a recruiting tool. Who can have the tag could be another box on the permissions panel.

RedCobra.7693

lanfear maybe you should of read the comments, youre missing my comment about gold bronze and silver that can be set next to whoever you want, however gold would be set to the leader by default, (max privileges) and there can be more than one gold

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

lanfear maybe you should of read the comments, youre missing my comment about gold bronze and silver that can be set next to whoever you want, however gold would be set to the leader by default, (max privileges) and there can be more than one gold

Being able to set, via the permissions options, who gets what, would probably be the only way to go about it. Although that’s an additional click in set up, but some people don’t mind.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

RedCobra.7693

agreed, as long as it can be toggled, ill never deny an option, it could be an option in the rank setup