Guild Leaders Need This Back

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dragon Ruler X.8512

Dragon Ruler X.8512

I’m speaking on behalf of many guilds that I have spoken with throughout my time playing this game. There are a few key elements that would extremely help out Guild Leaders in managing their roster.

The First:
Inactivity timers – These would be a huge boon to Guild Leaders when trying to identify if 100 out of their 500 members have been gone for 3 months and they have new interested members looking to join them. In Gw1 we had a “Last Log-in” that was easy to read and readily available. Having that as an additional tab for the Guild Roster would be great imo.

The Second:
Join Date – This would help guilds that request their members be with them for 3 months or so before ranking up find out who has been in the guild for that amount of time by simply looking at what day they joined. We also had this in Gw1.

The Third:
Last Rep timer – This would simply indicate the last time someone rep’d your guild. Some guilds have a 100% rep policy (which I don’t agree with), but some guilds may want to know if their guildies are actively rep’ing them or not.

The Fourth:
Deep Cave Control – This would be an added set of privileges that would allow control of the Deep Cave’s deposit and withdrawal. Some guilds may want to allow members in the Stash, middle members in the Trove, and upper members in the Cave.

The Fifth (unlikely):
Guild Activity Graph – This would help a leader plan events by having a graph listing their most common peak hours of play throughout the week.

These are just some thoughts that would be lovely to have as a Guild Leader. What does everyone else think?

Btw where is my guild hall Anet? lol

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Btw where is my guild hall Anet? lol

And I’ll add something like a counter of guild members by maps. You open the map, you put the cursor on the name of a map and you know how many guildmates are on the map, refreshed each time you reopen the map.
That’s sexier than looking at the register and I don’t think that’s really hard to implement.

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Indeed that could also be useful.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

The message of the day needs to pop up in the chat window. It’s frustrating that my custom arena does it, but not for my guild.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: MisterRossco.8032

MisterRossco.8032

For your first issue, here’s a handy little solution

1. Go on the Guild Wars 2 Leaderboards, and the Achievements section.
2. Filter it by Guild and the general Region (EU for an EU guild etc)
3. Hover over the achievements of players

It lets you know the last time each member earned 1 AP, therefore showing the last time they did at LEAST one daily requirement. Pretty much a great way of finding out who’s been inactive in your Guild!

Jarl Rossco, Leader of YORK on Gandara

Posted by: Alien.2851

Alien.2851

I agree with all the items the OP posted.

Another thing leaders need is the ability to send mail to more than 3 people within the guild before getting blocked – I know the blocking is there to reduces spamming, but if it only applied to guild leaders/officers mailing guild members it would not be an issue.

Also, Anet promised guild halls were coming when GW2 first began – so where are they? Could they be incorporated into the rebuild of LA?

Alien Hunter
We Built They Came [ekoc]
Isle Of Janthir

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Color code each guild you are a Member of. Be able to toggle all guild chats on displaying in the coded colors.

This will get people who are always on but not repping to see when announcements go out in other guild chats that the person would love to attend and REP but never see because they forget which guild they are repping and no one whispers them to let them know that its getting ready to happen. A lot of Guild leaders don’t take the time to whisper events since the person is not repping they don’t want to send out individual messages cause they don’t feel connected to that guild member.

Much the way Alliance Chat would work except you can talk in one guild chat and still see the others. Maybe add the the guild tag to the end of the /g so if you are in {RITE} {BITE} and {SITE} guilds, to talk to members of BITE you would type /gBITE.

Dragon Ruler X.8512

For your first issue, here’s a handy little solution

1. Go on the Guild Wars 2 Leaderboards, and the Achievements section.
2. Filter it by Guild and the general Region (EU for an EU guild etc)
3. Hover over the achievements of players

It lets you know the last time each member earned 1 AP, therefore showing the last time they did at LEAST one daily requirement. Pretty much a great way of finding out who’s been inactive in your Guild!

That was useful, but I think it’d still be nice to have it inside the game

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

+1

15 chars

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Another thing leaders need is the ability to send mail to more than 3 people within the guild before getting blocked – I know the blocking is there to reduces spamming, but if it only applied to guild leaders/officers mailing guild members it would not be an issue.

Also, Anet promised guild halls were coming when GW2 first began – so where are they? Could they be incorporated into the rebuild of LA?

I totally agree. A mass mailing system would be great considering the fact that we can get blocked. Additionally I liked how the MotD displayed on log-in for Gw1. It’s now very hard to ensure that the MotD is read if your guildies don’t get a notification that there was a change. Being as MotD’s differ from guild to guild it would make sense that the guild you are rep’ing has their MotD displayed on log-in, but that if you change who you rep that it displays their MotD.

Just some more thoughts – let’s keep this post up near the top by brainstorming further so devs see it

Dragon Ruler X.8512

Color code each guild you are a Member of. Be able to toggle all guild chats on displaying in the coded colors.

This will get people who are always on but not repping to see when announcements go out in other guild chats that the person would love to attend and REP but never see because they forget which guild they are repping and no one whispers them to let them know that its getting ready to happen. A lot of Guild leaders don’t take the time to whisper events since the person is not repping they don’t want to send out individual messages cause they don’t feel connected to that guild member.

Much the way Alliance Chat would work except you can talk in one guild chat and still see the others. Maybe add the the guild tag to the end of the /g so if you are in {RITE} {BITE} and {SITE} guilds, to talk to members of BITE you would type /gBITE.

I also agree with this. It’s frequent that people miss out on guild chat if they are rep’ing another guild. Being able to control which chats are visible and having a chat swap option like that would be very useful.

I have members in my guild that are color blind too so that would be great if there were further options for them. I know one main complaint aside from the chat log colors is also the thin red AoE rings. Having an option to “fill-in” those rings might help like they did during the Marionette fight.

Posted by: nickelton.1924

nickelton.1924

YES!

The options for guild(leader)s should be expanded. Thanks for this post. ArenaNet.. please listen?

Officer in the Requiem of the Dead [REQ] ~ req.shivtr.com

Dragon Ruler X.8512

The message of the day needs to pop up in the chat window. It’s frustrating that my custom arena does it, but not for my guild.

Sorry I skimmed over the responses and missed this one. I referenced it in a later reply to another player, but I’d like to give you due credit for bringing it up first.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Sorry I skimmed over the responses and missed this one. I referenced it in a later reply to another player, but I’d like to give you due credit for bringing it up first.

No worries Just glad to see it on the list. It seems a step back from GW1 to not have it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Dragon Ruler X.8512

No worries Just glad to see it on the list. It seems a step back from GW1 to not have it.

I agree. Many of the best things that made Gw1 great were left out. Skill/Equipment templates, member join dates, inactivity timers, alliances, guild halls, having a MotD popping up when you logged in or changed it, etc. It’s sad that there was such oversight on the things that gave their first game such quality design. I really hope this post gets more feedback and people helping push it towards the dev’s attention.

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

I also agree with this. It’s frequent that people miss out on guild chat if they are rep’ing another guild. Being able to control which chats are visible and having a chat swap option like that would be very useful.

I have members in my guild that are color blind too so that would be great if there were further options for them. I know one main complaint aside from the chat log colors is also the thin red AoE rings. Having an option to “fill-in” those rings might help like they did during the Marionette fight.

yeah if it list that the chat is from GuildBITE then the name of the player and then whatever they say then even the color blind person could tell them apart.

Those rings, I want them updated as well, even though I am not color blind I do have to strain to see the old ones and do prefer the newer style.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Hah! You wouldn’t have booted me out of your guild if you’d seen I’d been repping

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Dragon Ruler X.8512

yeah if it list that the chat is from GuildBITE then the name of the player and then whatever they say then even the color blind person could tell them apart.

Those rings, I want them updated as well, even though I am not color blind I do have to strain to see the old ones and do prefer the newer style.

I agree.