Guild Management Tools - any updates?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

One of the biggest drawbacks for me in this game is having little to no guild management tools. Last online, officer chat, things like that. Considering that people can represent multiple guilds, it would be nice to have a notification message or something like that be sent to everyone in your guild and them able to see it even if they are repping someone else.

Also, the one checkbox that says “only officers can start missions” and such like that doesn’t do anything. Still anyone can start them.

I’d also like to see an in game guild tool, similar to Everquest 2, where people looking for a guild can go, see who is recruiting and what their guild is about.

Just wondering if there were any updates to when guilds can be a bit easier to manage.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

This would be an important update. I’m also quite disappointed at the lack of guild management options. Trying to communicate to everyone in your guild is almost punishing with the in-game mail suppression. I think the guild MOTD should pop up on screen at first log in for starters.

Guild leaders should also be able to flash messages on the screens of every guild member. Aion did it and it was fantastic. Most times people aren’t paying attention to guild chat or don’t have the tab up, or don’t see whispers. Having text flash in front of your face is the absolute best way to get their attention.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Yes, this is so important, simple guild administrating functions are such chores in this game, there isnt even any tool that helps guild leaders / officers to clean up the roster of inactive players, much less other functions.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

This is arguably one of the best improvements they could make to this game.

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

They should also add a cooldown on changing representation to different guilds.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Guys guys, we haven’t even gotten most of the stuff from blogpost about 2013 and stuff. Do not expect this to be update really soon.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Guys guys, we haven’t even gotten most of the stuff from blogpost about 2013 and stuff. Do not expect this to be update really soon.

This should not be something we need to be requesting…. This game has been out a year without any update whatsoever to guild management or guild tools. Guild Wars 1’s guild system far surpassed this as far as management tools and features on day 1.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Yenn, I don’t agree about a cooldown on changing reps. I would hate to think I couldn’t pop over to my mule guild and quickly change back to my real guild.

But, the other things mentioned are good suggestions. All of them have been posted numerous times in the suggestion forum, and all of them have been buried inside of a week.

Unfortunately, I think this thread will be moved to “suggestions” first, and like the rest, fade into history.

Please ANet… Go dig up all the “We need Guild Tools” threads and read them?

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

its been a year already, everyone should have completely forgotten … or gone to other game

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Yenn, I don’t agree about a cooldown on changing reps. I would hate to think I couldn’t pop over to my mule guild and quickly change back to my real guild.

But, the other things mentioned are good suggestions. All of them have been posted numerous times in the suggestion forum, and all of them have been buried inside of a week.

Unfortunately, I think this thread will be moved to “suggestions” first, and like the rest, fade into history.

Please ANet… Go dig up all the “We need Guild Tools” threads and read them?

It will be. I’ve created some star rated threads in the past that have all been moved and buried in the suggestion forum. Created in General Discussion getting 2k+ views per day to 20 views in a week.

The suggestion forum is where good threads go to die. Take it from me.

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Yeah, that’s why I posted this here. Even just adding “last online” would be a huge benefit. The rest I can live without for a while yet.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

Unfortunately, despite launching “when it’s ready”…this game lacks some very basic functionality that all other modern multiplayer games come with as standard.

A year on we still have the barest minimum of Party UI, semi-functional Guild UI and laughably sad Squad Commander ‘icon’.

This is exactly the sort of ‘polish’ we were promised BEFORE launch, let alone a year after.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Yea, I can’t remember how many threads asking for guild tools I’ve posted on… someday.. hopefully.. maybe they’ll do something about this.

Right now guild management just isn’t a priority… which sort of sucks.

source for confirmation that guild management isn’t a priority
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Low-priority-on-Guild-management-tools

small collection of threads for guild management tool requests
http://pr.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1oe3m8/reposting_my_guild_management_is_crippling_in_its/ccrbke6

there are many more requests in the suggestion forums and elsewhere in these forums.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: SchuMidas.4782

SchuMidas.4782

and they have how many living story team with 2 week update but no game improvement ?
its like firefall with huge budget for the game but they bought an expansive truck instead… which doesnt have anything beneficial for the game.

SchuMidas – Guardian
Guild Pro Baddies [Pro] @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Arena Net not keeping their promises? That’s new.

Posted by: Alsatian.6307

Alsatian.6307

Yes, they should definitely do something about the guild management, it’s impossible to assign type teams (PvE, PvP, WvW etc) no personal description, no possibilities for guild-wide mails. All these things could really help with communication and organizing.

Posted by: Parlourbeatflex.5970

Parlourbeatflex.5970

I actually cannot believe we are more than a 1 year into release and we still havnt seen the basics like MotD in chat and last login date or even dare i say, a guild calender.

Not to mention some of the amazing and intuitive ideas constantly being thrown around in the forum.

Maybe anet is waiting to have something substantial like guild halls before they do a huge guild update.

Yenn.9185

Arena Net not keeping their promises? That’s new.

They shouldn’t make promises then or let us now ahead of time of their plan. Players will hunt them down for “lying” or “breaking promise” because something change during development.

I think it’s better for them, and us, to NOT let us know future content unless they are 100% sure they can release it.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

You know, they could at least explain us why are these delays happening.
But that won’t happen, I’m willing to be most of the A.Net staff is just too busy working on LS.
Back, like half a year ago, Colin stated only a smart part of A.Net is working on LS and there are other projects in work – where?

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

Also have a look in this topic:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4
I compiled a list with all suggestion I ever found there and still update it. I think all suggestions done here are on that list there.

The list is two post big, but thats not so much because people want so much, it´s because there is so much wrong – missing.

Partly because of the possibility to rep multiple guilds. That is not really a problem but makes management harder so requires more guild-management. For example I see here people ask for last online. But if your guild does not require full representing then at least you also need a last represented. And it might be useful to see a line over time per member maybe even per char (because some people rep one guild with one char and one with another) to give an indication if people are online or representing more and more or less and less.

Thinks that are mainly so useful or needed because people can represent multiple guilds.

However, Anet created this complex (for guild leaders) system but then lagged even in the basic management tools you see on any mmo with a very simplistic guild system.

However indeed we can’t even see last online what would be very useful in any MMO. Members don’t see the guild-message pop up or in the chat, you can’t specify who is able to start missions, accept credit for missions. You can’t say who is an officers, you can’t allow someone to invite members without also giving him rights to edit ranks and delete members and so I can go on. What have we gotten so far. The guild-missions (a good addition but by now we could use something new) and it took them more then a year to fix the possibility to edit the message of the day.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

What would be the purpose of that?

Yenn.9185

What would be the purpose of that?

Guild cohesion. Right now, it’s harder (than traditionally) to build a guild that feels like a “team” or “family” per se. Players come and go that you don’t even know who is who; one day you’re here another you’re not.

I feel like members should have a bit of commitment to the guild, much like when you joined a club or sports team at school. If you’re only gonna rep a guild 10% of the time, you shouldn’t have joined in the 1st place (exception being mule guilds).

(edited by Yenn.9185)

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah ..guild management tool in GW2 is somewhat lacking…. i would like a feature where as a leader you can send mail to everyone in the guild. to prevent spamming, limit it to max 3 or 5 a day….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Yoshino.3982

Yoshino.3982

I think Anet’s developers and etc look through everyday to get new inspirations and also refresh their minds of good old ideas. But its hard to appease everyone and also stick to what guild wars 2 is about i guess. Guess developing is really not like mathematics.

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

I just installed Rift and had my min blown that there were so many guild functions. Rift already has every feature for guilds that gw2 has, including guild missions, plus a thousand more. Guild features should’ve been released on day 1.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]