Guild Maxed at 500

Guild Maxed at 500

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: omegazone.9254

omegazone.9254

So would it be possible to expand on the numbers we can have within a Guild.
We have a community server based guild and is full 500/500 and although we do regular clean ups on those afk for more than 2 weeks we have still got to the point of having to turn away new members.
Now i am sure there are not to many guilds who are maxed, but for those who have this issue could Anet please increase Licence upgrade to 750/1000 .
That would be great if you could look at doing this.
Thank you
Omegazone.

(Blub) Brotherhood of blub
Piken Square

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I don’t think 500 is a hard coded limit, so there should be no technical reason why it couldn’t be expanded. Even if it costed 1000 gold to upgrade, that’s a 500-person guild’s daily 2 gold acquisition.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

I don’t think 500 is a hard coded limit, so there should be no technical reason why it couldn’t be expanded. Even if it costed 1000 gold to upgrade, that’s a 500-person guild’s daily 2 gold acquisition.

The limit may be there for the guild panel navigation/ui. It may become laggy or something if it gets more in the roster.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

The limit may be there for the guild panel navigation/ui. It may become laggy or something if it gets more in the roster.

But where is that limit? If it was exactly at 500 it would be quite the fluke of technology.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

500 seems low, especially since in GW1, the ‘alliance’ limit was 1000 members (100 each across 10 guilds)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

500 seems low, especially since in GW1, the ‘alliance’ limit was 1000 members (100 each across 10 guilds)

True, but those 1000 only had to affect one chat channel as a group, and one guild panel as an individual. Given that players can belong to multiple guilds, and guild panel now have to gather info on more than 100 players, there may be a technological issue.

But where is that limit? If it was exactly at 500 it would be quite the fluke of technology.

Shot in the dark, but maybe 511 (2^9-1)?

G R E E N E R

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Hmmm. Something should be done yes, another payment would be a good idea to get it to 750 or something.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

I remember seeing an interview with Colin i think it was. He said they tried to increase it but it is impossible for them to make guilds more than 500 members.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

https://youtu.be/sG5oUKqbIVM?t=9m40s

Here is your answer. An interview with Colin.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

So would it be possible to expand on the numbers we can have within a Guild.
We have a community server based guild and is full 500/500 and although we do regular clean ups on those afk for more than 2 weeks we have still got to the point of having to turn away new members.
Now i am sure there are not to many guilds who are maxed, but for those who have this issue could Anet please increase Licence upgrade to 750/1000 .
That would be great if you could look at doing this.
Thank you
Omegazone.

Consider being a multi-guild community. TTS is, and has been around for a while now (I first joined well over 2 years ago). Granted, we have a full capacity teamspeak license, so guild chat tends to be sparse.

Guild Maxed at 500

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

Alliances could be a good solution to this, allowing 5 guilds to be part of an alliance and having a shared alliance chat. This could also be good to get guilds with different focuses together.