Guild Mission Potential

Guild Mission Potential

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nastyjman.8207

nastyjman.8207

With Guild Missions entering the game next week, I’m thinking of potential uses of Guild Missions in the future. One potential that comes in mind is player generated content.

Once Guild Halls are implemented, the Guild Leader (or a Dungeon Master) buys the Guild Dungeon upgrade with influence. Non-members can participate in the Guild Dungeon as long as they have a guild member in their party. Guild Dungeons could be created in-game or created through a separate program (I’d hope for the latter to prevent any inconvenience on disconnects).

Now, these types of dungeons could be exploited. One that comes to mind is a single-boss inside one room — no mobs or anything, just one easy boss. To prevent that, rewards are scaled based on duration and complexity. If the dungeon runs for less than 10 minutes, the rewards would be paltry (blues that is). But if the dungeon runs greater than 30 minutes, rewards will scale based on increments of 30 minutes.

Complexity is based on how much skills are equipped on mobs and bosses. If all of your hostile NPCs only have auto-attack equipped in their skill bar, the dungeon would rate low in complexity. But adding more skills on hostile NPCs would rate high in complexity. Adding traps, hidden rooms and puzzles will also add more complexity to the dungeon.

So that’s one potential for Guild Missions. I would love to see Guild Missions heading towards full player-created content, and I think the Guild Missions are a great framework for these types of content.

First Team to reach 250 has 87% chance to win (Updated 7/30/2014) : http://bit.ly/1lWH6T8

Guild Mission Potential

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Nastyjman,

Please feel free to join this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-guild-missions-opinions-concerns/first#post1488897 and provide us with feedback about guild missions.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.