in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: uhohhotdog.3598

uhohhotdog.3598

There’s a beta event this weekend you can do instead. Try the raid

Guild Mission Reset Time Changed

Posted by: Rectar.9178

Rectar.9178

Is it 08:30 am or 07:30 am UTC ( server time ) ?

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

I don’t see the problem? You can still do the guild missions, if you did it after the reset of this week already you can wait till monday’s reset or the saturday after that. Not a big problem I would gues, actually you won’t miss anything.

It only looks longer because first you do the missions right after reset and now you do it almost in the end of the week if you keep it at the same time.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

ermm…this is bad.

we run two guild missions per week, one on the morning and night for different timezone.

at the same time, it also happen to be before and after reset, the friday and sunday.
so it happened to be sceduled such a way that if the person cant make it on the weekend sunday this week, he can try to make it on the weekend on friday next week.

now with this change, it is impossible to find a schedule that can make both mission fall on the weekend while at the same time before and after reset.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Exo.2143

Exo.2143

So you can’t do guild missions this week.

Your lives definitely must be over now.

Come on people, give ArenaNet a break. Stop whining, accept it. It’s one bloody week and there’s a beta that you can do.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Would it be possible to remember to give the UTC times as well? Not everyone lives in states, you know.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

Would it be possible to remember to give the UTC times as well? Not everyone lives in states, you know.

7:30 UTC, but I agree, it’s something that should be standard in every single announcement that contains times in an international game.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It would be tough for small guilds like mine to complete guild missions with this change. We usually do guild missions soon after the reset in hopes to run into a big guild that is planning to do the run. With this change, the hardcore and/or big guilds will be doing the runs after Monday reset, leaving us with less options available on Saturday night.

This. Right now you can count on getting guild rush and challenges done (with credit) at reset. With 12:30am reset on Monday, there’s a good chance there will no longer be a block of time where lots of guilds are doing missions (which you need as a small guild since RNG means you don’t know which rush or challenge you’re going to get).

By the way, guild challenges are going away for smaller guilds anyway (as they’re being instanced in the future).

Posted by: Liet Talen.7284

Liet Talen.7284

My guild would like to thank you for the heads up Gaile. Now we can plan accordingly. A lot of our members were interested in testing the Raid that will be available during the upcoming Beta Weekend.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Not everyone has access to the beta so asking them to do that is pretty unhelpful. guildwars2 is the only game that i can play with all of my friends that is fun. I don’t play any other games with some of these people and guild missions are the only time we all get online to see each other. The reason we don’t do it during other times of the week is because there isn’t really much to do but guild missions give us the reason to get together. I will dearly miss missions this week if they don’t do a double reset because there are people i won’t get to see for another week.

Posted by: omica.6548

omica.6548

Why Monday? Better day would be Friday same reset time as WvW. Easier to remember the date. As others have stated guilds tend to run missions when they have the most people online, which tends to be the weekends. Our guild like others run the missions twice per week to accommodate those who due to RL can not make it on the weekends and encourage as many guildies to participate on the second night as well. As the one who runs the guild missions for our guild, it is hard to get people to come to both nights meaning some times we skip guild challenges and puzzles due to lack of people. Now you are going to make it harder to get people on the weekends to show up if they do the missions during the week. This really will mess up the community spirit of working together to do the guild missions. Please reconsider the day for reset. Or explain why raids can not coexist with the current schedule?

GOTL – DragonBrand
Ranger, Thief and Warrior

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I dislike this change because it will make it significantly harder to partake in make-up sessions for guild missions.

Due to having a worldwide playerbase with members across several US, EU and SE timezones, Charter Vanguard does weekly events twice: a pre-reset session on Saturday morning (wrt US timezones), and a post-reset session on Saturday evening. This also allows players who were unable to attend a weekend’s post-reset missions to have a chance to make-up the missions the following weekend during the pre-reset session. This has worked very well for our guild members that have had various conflicts arise due to travel, illness, etc.

Moving the the weekly reset to Mondays will eliminate that opportunity. If the guild decides to continue hosting Guild missions on Saturdays (which seems likely), the early and late session will no longer straddle the reset. As a result, if a member is unable to attend the evening session, they won’t be able to make it up at the following Saturday’s morning session.

The alternative of moving weekly missions to Mondays to try to straddle the reset isn’t a good option. There are fewer guildmembers able to play during weekdays, and any of them with typical weekday commitments (jobs, school, etc) would likely have a conflict with one of the Monday times such as the pre-reset session, so this still wouldn’t offer them a viable opportunity to make-up for a missed week.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Zarenda Mal.1364

Zarenda Mal.1364

We have the same issue Kalendraf. We run our missions (like many here in the EU) on Sunday evenings. If for whatever reason people can’t make the main guild mission run or if we need the merits and we fail the mission (or it bugs and doesn’t give credit), we arrange for a make-up later in the week.

With this change, our Sunday missions will not have a redo chance. This is the one event the guild does where we have the most people online and together at one time, but I suspect we will have to eventually have to change this if there is a risk we might fail a mission.

Posted by: BlueLion.1309

BlueLion.1309

Hi!
Please reconsider once more reset time for guild missions. It’s pretty nice to have big action with fresh rewards during week-end (Sunday evening for our guild) and one smaller run during work days.

AveF

Posted by: Torady.3907

Torady.3907

are the people complaining serious ? or just trolling ?

seriously, your schedule changed for one week, get over it

you can go on with your regular lives next week

[HoTs]Ms Judgement

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The timing of he reset actually has a big effect -I can understand why individuals are concerned by this. People often join guilds to do this just after “reset”.

The later it is left in the week the harder it is to find guildies interested in doing the missions. This is why individuals are concerned.

Most guilds try to run these on the weekend as most of there members are around across the international time zones which I many guilds have.

I do not think anyone here is trolling – just voicing genuine concerns about the abrupt nature of the announcement and change.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Torady.3907

Torady.3907

And weekends will still be the popular slot where people will do missions since thats when most people are on.

I dont think that many people will want to do missions on weekdays

[HoTs]Ms Judgement

Lord Kuru.3685

The hardcore players dictate a lot of the gameplay. They’ll do guild missions at or around reset. That leaves casuals on their own when they have time to play on the weekends. So you end up with less population and fewer “experts” for missions when casuals are doing them. Not a recipe for success.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

And weekends will still be the popular slot where people will do missions since thats when most people are on.

There is a significant difference between doing the missions just after reset, and doing them just before reset. In the first case you have a week to catch up on merits if something goes wrong (people won’t show up, mission fails, or like it often happens lately rewards bug out) or catch up on commendations if you miss the mission day. In second case there’s no redo or catchup at all – if something goes wrong, you lose the rewards for that week.

Monday reset is really bad timing.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Therodin.2970

I don’t understand why they would choose monday at all, Having it on the weekends works so much better and having a time on the weekend being before reset and a time on the weekend being after reset was really helpfull.

Lord Kuru.3685

There is a significant difference between doing the missions just after reset, and doing them just before reset. In the first case you have a week to catch up on merits if something goes wrong (people won’t show up, mission fails, or like it often happens lately rewards bug out) or catch up on commendations if you miss the mission day. In second case there’s no redo or catchup at all – if something goes wrong, you lose the rewards for that week.

This. Considering how often the missions bug out and rob you of your credit, Monday’s pretty bad.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

I don’t read anything that says one week, anyone else did?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Agreed. And it isn’t the fault of the guilds. Just last week several guilds I know had a bug in Langmar Estate that stopped the mission being completable. Our guild rearranged that mission till later in the week because we had the option. Under the new system everyone would have missed there rewards despite getting to the final room.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

As I mentioned in my previous reply, this is a real issue for guild missions, and this isn’t just a one week problem.

If the reset is permanently moved to a weekday, it kills the ability for a guild to host two weekend mission outings to allow players to make-up missions the following weekend. If your guild doesn’t already do this, then it may take some extra explanation:

Weekend session #1 occurs sometime before reset and allows players who were unable to attend the prior week’s guild outing to get rewards for all the missions for the about-to-end week.

Weekend session #2 occurs sometime after reset and is essentially the main guild mission outing for players to get mission rewards for the newest week. Players who can’t attend this outing can attend the following weekend’s pre-reset session to get the mission rewards.

By moving the reset to a weekday, the strategy above is no longer an option. Regardless of when a guild session is held on a weekend, the missions would not be able to straddle the reset time, and thus they would count toward the same week.

So why not move the guild sessions to Mondays so we can straddle the new reset? Our players have significantly more availability on weekends which is the main reason why we do guild events on weekends. I suspect that higher weekend availability is true for many other guilds as well. Weekdays pose many time constraints to our players due to jobs, school or other obligations. As a result, if we tried shifting our pre/post guild mission sessions to Mondays to try to straddle the reset, several guild members might not be able to attend either session, and many might only be able to ever attend the post-reset session. Due to conflicts with work or school a large number of players would never be able to attend the pre-reset session to try to make up mission they missed during the prior week’s post-reset session.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Can someone please confirm, if a guild completed their missions last Sunday (27th September), will they receive rewards this Sunday (4th October)?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Can someone please confirm, if a guild completed their missions last Sunday (27th September), will they receive rewards this Sunday (4th October)?

“In order to make this adjustment there will be no reset on Saturday evening, October 3. Instead, that week’s guild mission period will be extended slightly to allow for this update. Subsequently, guild mission resets will occur each Monday morning, at 12:30 AM Pacific time.”

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

As I mentioned in my previous reply, this is a real issue for guild missions, and this isn’t just a one week problem.

If the reset is permanently moved to a weekday, it kills the ability for a guild to host two weekend mission outings to allow players to make-up missions the following weekend. If your guild doesn’t already do this, then it may take some extra explanation:

Weekend session #1 occurs sometime before reset and allows players who were unable to attend the prior week’s guild outing to get rewards for all the missions for the about-to-end week.

Weekend session #2 occurs sometime after reset and is essentially the main guild mission outing for players to get mission rewards for the newest week. Players who can’t attend this outing can attend the following weekend’s pre-reset session to get the mission rewards.

By moving the reset to a weekday, the strategy above is no longer an option. Regardless of when a guild session is held on a weekend, the missions would not be able to straddle the reset time, and thus they would count toward the same week.

So why not move the guild sessions to Mondays so we can straddle the new reset? Our players have significantly more availability on weekends which is the main reason why we do guild events on weekends. I suspect that higher weekend availability is true for many other guilds as well. Weekdays pose many time constraints to our players due to jobs, school or other obligations. As a result, if we tried shifting our pre/post guild mission sessions to Mondays to try to straddle the reset, several guild members might not be able to attend either session, and many might only be able to ever attend the post-reset session. Due to conflicts with work or school a large number of players would never be able to attend the pre-reset session to try to make up mission they missed during the prior week’s post-reset session.

What if you did it backwards, so to speak. The first mission of the week is Monday at some point at whatever time you have that has the most people that can attend (or even some other day. Doesn’t have to be Monday). The catch up mission for those who missed the one during the week is the same catch up mission time that you’ve been having.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Therodin.2970

What if you did it backwards, so to speak. The first mission of the week is Monday at some point at whatever time you have that has the most people that can attend (or even some other day. Doesn’t have to be Monday). The catch up mission for those who missed the one during the week is the same catch up mission time that you’ve been having.

Maybe i am misunderstanding your question but i feel like they already addressed those points by saying that some people’s availability limit them to only really being able to play on the weekends.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe i am misunderstanding your question but i feel like they already addressed those points by saying that some people’s availability limit them to only really being able to play on the weekends.

Then they can do the catch up mission on Saturday. Or have the catch up missions on Sunday, if Sunday is better.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Therodin.2970

Then they can do the one on Saturday.

But what if they do not have enough people to run a guild mission except on the weekend? And before anyone says that they can’t cater to everyone, i don’t think its a super rare thing that someone might not have the time to devote to an mmo unless it’s the weekend.

Just a flesh wound.3589

But what if they do not have enough people to run a guild mission except on the weekend? And before anyone says that they can’t cater to everyone, i don’t think its a super rare thing that someone might not have the time to devote to an mmo unless it’s the weekend.

I’m just suggesting things they can try when this goes live. I never said it was a perfect solution but an option to consider.

ANet may give it to you.

Therodin.2970

I’m just suggesting things they can try when this goes live. I never said it was a perfect solution but an option to consider.

That is a great solution. But hopefully we won’t have to find a way around it because anet will listen to the community and move reset back to the weekend. I don’t believe i have seen anyone happy that is was on monday, just people complaining about complaining.

Just a flesh wound.3589

That is a great solution. But hopefully we won’t have to find a way around it because anet will listen to the community and move reset back to the weekend. I don’t believe i have seen anyone happy that is was on monday, just people complaining about complaining.

I strongly doubt they’ll change it. This is their new shiny and they are as hyped up about it as a skritt with a new piece of tinfoil. A handful of objections about the effect on old (non shiny) content is not going to cause them to change the time, no matter how valid the points. Not if the time chosen is best for raids. The guilds will be expected to find a workaround if it’s a problem for them.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Can you answer please Gaile, is this the new reset time for all weekly events?

Specifically the lvl 10 1st key reset?

To all the people that are complaining of the time change until Monday – This will affect a maximum of THREE weeks – once HoT comes out you can do GM over and over whenever is the best for your guild to get all members through them.

I personally don’t like the Monday, I would have preferred the Friday wvw reset time so the weekend could be used to “get them done and out of the way” rather than the last minute thing.

I am guessing Anet have chosen this time in order to try and take a little pressure off the servers at weekends once HoT is live when the raids will be busy? Not sure what other reasons there could be.. I didn’t see any open discussion for thoughts on a day change from anet?

(edited by thisisit.6954)

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

is there really no reset today (saturday)?

because our guild already did guild missions last saturday (9/26) at 11pm. Today (10/3) we just ran to do a make up run for people that miss. But somehow people that already did last saturday got normal popup chests and guild commendations.

Something’s not right?

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

(edited by NTDK.4897)

Posted by: ladyosheep.3548

ladyosheep.3548

We also just tested and our missions are reset.

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

Did anyone today already test if the keyrun key reset did also change to Monday?

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Baamoink.4281

Baamoink.4281

If you did your Guild Missions last weekend, you will not receive commendations and/or merits this weekend. Already put a poll up for my guild, and the vast majority have voted to continue as normal due to most of us doing them for the social aspect, rather than the loot.

Guild: Mantle Assasins [MA] – Guild Leader
Server: Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: ladyosheep.3548

ladyosheep.3548

If you did your Guild Missions last weekend, you will not receive commendations and/or merits this weekend. Already put a poll up for my guild, and the vast majority have voted to continue as normal due to most of us doing them for the social aspect, rather than the loot.

This is not true for us. We did guild missions last Sunday. We can also do them today and receive credit (we did a guild trek to test this in the morning today.)

Posted by: Bomber.3872

Bomber.3872

This is not true for us. We did guild missions last Sunday. We can also do them today and receive credit (we did a guild trek to test this in the morning today.)

Because it’s kind of important: Did anyone who did it already since last reset now earn guild commendations?

IGN: Euer Verderben
[RUC] Riverside United Corps! For Riverside!

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

Looks like anet fudged it again. Guild Missions reset at the normal time of 5pm PST saturday. You can check by looking at the guild missions tab of the guild window thing. Now my guild has to organize missions sometime in the middle of the week since we can’t trust them to change the time before next reset.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

Yup, I got my commendations as usual.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks for the reports, and I’m checking into this. It was my understanding there would be no reset yesterday (Saturday, 3 October) but my guildies and you folks are stating that a reset did take place.

Sending an e-mail on this now. Thanks again for letting us know. (Obviously I don’t have any information on this matter at this time; will fill you in when I get some details.)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sharkey.9805

Sharkey.9805

There were reset issues that were addressed in Tuesday’s patch, right? Maybe this has something to do with it?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

There were reset issues that were addressed in Tuesday’s patch, right? Maybe this has something to do with it?

I believe that was a different kind of reset, but I could be mistaken.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably just added a new reset timer for Monday and forgot to remove the old one. Those that do it over the weekend got an extra week.

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Now I’m angry. I needed the commendations to prepare characters for HoT. A-Net announced there would be no reset, yet there was. My guild did end up running missions, and I missed out, since it was clearly stated that we would not be able to run missions. Thanks a bunch! No raid today, either, since that’s bugged. These two things along with the Mordrem Invasion fiasco have made this a very disappointing month. :/

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Great. missed out because I trusted what I was told.

Posted by: BaconofPigs.1683

BaconofPigs.1683

Great. missed out because I trusted what I was told.

No, you didn’t miss out anything. That was an oversight. Anyone and any guild who did and going to do guild mission between Saturday reset to Monday can be considered abusing an exploit.