Guild Mission Reset Time Changed

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daddar.5971

Daddar.5971

Well I have just tested it, and I can tell you that the personal story key is NOT reset. I just wasted an experience scroll. So, I missed my guild’s missions, and wasted an irreplaceable item because missions did reset, but weekly personal story key did not. ;-;

‘Elite’ in all 9 professions. I take mediocrity seriously!

Daddar.5971

Great. missed out because I trusted what I was told.

No, you didn’t miss out anything. That was an oversight. Anyone and any guild who did and going to do guild mission between Saturday reset to Monday can be considered abusing an exploit.

Riiiight. Just like all the people who got discount bag slots on all their alts when it was supposed to be 1 per player, not 1 per character (sure wish I’d known about that little ‘oversight’). No one is going to get sanctioned. No one ever does.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Well I have just tested it, and I can tell you that the personal story key is NOT reset. I just wasted an experience scroll. So, I missed my guild’s missions, and wasted an irreplaceable item because missions did reset, but weekly personal story key did not. ;-;

Strange. It was reset for me. I did one earlier today. Maybe they went in and fixed it between now and when Gayle found out about it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Great. missed out because I trusted what I was told.

No, you didn’t miss out anything. That was an oversight. Anyone and any guild who did and going to do guild mission between Saturday reset to Monday can be considered abusing an exploit.

How is it an exploit when anet said they would be reset on Monday instead but then failed to do it, meaning that all the guilds that do the missions on the weekends that reacted to the incorrect information missed out on a weeks worth of commendations?

you are saying that the people who dont read the forums and played “normally” were exploiting – I think you need to be very careful in how you use that word.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I am very disappointed as well My guild cancelled guild missions this weekend because of what we read on the forums and now it turns out we could have earned all of our stuff like regular this week

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

I am very disappointed as well My guild cancelled guild missions this weekend because of what we read on the forums and now it turns out we could have earned all of our stuff like regular this week

skritt happens sometimes

we also missed our missions this weekend but gamers life goes on

@ BaconofPigs.1683:

come on , if this is an exploit all is an exploit. e.g most guilds dont read forums. —→ perma ban all! dont be silly

Just a flesh wound.3589

So, does anyone know if they reset at the new time a few hours back? Be useful to know If it did.

ANet may give it to you.

Therodin.2970

^that is a very good question. Can we get someone to test if a guild did do missions this weekend if it reset again this monday?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

^that is a very good question. Can we get someone to test if a guild did do missions this weekend if it reset again this monday?

you will see it at guild mission menu if you had done it yesterday.

if the coat of arms from done missions disapear —> reset today

Posted by: InStars.5643

InStars.5643

It appears it did not reset today, the Guild Missions show up as completed on Guild panel.

Just a flesh wound.3589

Sooooo, I guess we can expect that the reset will skip Saturday and be next Monday instead.

ANet may give it to you.

Therodin.2970

I am not sure what we can expect or assume anymore. But if we could get an official answer about when new reset’s are going to be that would be great. Or just an official answer saying they will actually be on monday from now on but this last week was a fluke.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey all,

Just heard from the team and wanted to give you an update:

At this time, we expect there will be no changes to the guild mission reset time before launch of Heart of Thorns. We’re investigating the connection between guild mission reset times and raids reset times, and we will know more in the upcoming weeks.

For now, count on the guild reset to take place as normal on Saturday evening Pacific time. We apologize for any inconvenience that our previous message may have caused.

Back at you when we have any further info on this in the future.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Daddar.5971

OK, that is frustrating. I would really like some clear communication regarding mission and black lion key reset schedules. As it is, I missed missions and then wasted an experience scroll because the normal key drop for the personal story was disabled when raids were turned back on Sunday evening. others got to do missions and got their weekly key, while some like me did not… all due to poor, misleading and contradictory communication from ArenaNet. Not professional at all.

Posted by: zxstanyxz.8769

zxstanyxz.8769

OK, that is frustrating. I would really like some clear communication regarding mission and black lion key reset schedules. As it is, I missed missions and then wasted an experience scroll because the normal key drop for the personal story was disabled when raids were turned back on Sunday evening. others got to do missions and got their weekly key, while some like me did not… all due to poor, misleading and contradictory communication from ArenaNet. Not professional at all.

they messed up on the mission reset time yes, but when did they ever mention anything about black lion keys from personal story reset times? i see nothing in this thread (from an official source) saying anything whatsoever about keys…

Daddar.5971

Players were able to get the weekly key on Sunday… up until they re-enabled the raid. After that players who did lv 10 PS did not get a key.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

they messed up on the mission reset time yes, but when did they ever mention anything about black lion keys from personal story reset times? i see nothing in this thread (from an official source) saying anything whatsoever about keys…

To my knowledge players had to figure out the key reset time, ANet wasn’t forthcoming when asked and that annoys me. Why keep it a secret?

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Players were able to get the weekly key on Sunday… up until they re-enabled the raid. After that players who did lv 10 PS did not get a key.

This seems correct. I successfully did a key farm on Saturday, and tried one a few minutes ago, but did not receive my key. Awesome timing to abruptly switch the game up as always, Anet.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: Sir Black.7423

Sir Black.7423

We really just need a UI in the game that shows all time-gated rewards the player has currently acquired. Daily and weekly. Key rewards, guild missions, raid rewards (when that comes), world boss chests, daily dungeon paths, etc.

And to keep down clutter (and spoilers?) it wouldn’t need to show all the potential ones. Just the ones currently already acquired. So when a player looks at that UI it’s simple: if it’s on the page, then they’ve already gotten it. And if it’s not on the page, then they’re eligible to go out and get it.

Or even if it wasn’t in-game but could be shown on this website or exposed through the API, that would be good enough.

End the guesswork and hassle – just let people see the information that the system is already tracking about their accounts.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

they just need to simplify timers as a whole.

All dailies should reset at 00:00 UTC
All guild related weeklies should reset Sunday at 00:00 UTC
All mode related weeklies should reset Friday at 00:00 UTC

This includes crafting, keyfarming, rich nodes, jumping puzzles etc… so forth and so on so players aren’t forced into remembering each and every menial timer.

Therodin.2970

“We’re investigating the connection between guild mission reset times and raids reset times, and we will know more in the upcoming weeks.” Don’t they decide what the connection is between those two things? Or do you think by that they meant that they are deciding if the two need to be together?
P.S.Gaile, i dont know where you got this info of course but it seems’ as likely as anything else that someone told you something and then changed there mind, so i was wondering if other people you work with understand how the community gets when they receive false information from our lord and saviour arenanet?

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

“We’re investigating the connection between guild mission reset times and raids reset times, and we will know more in the upcoming weeks.” Don’t they decide what the connection is between those two things? Or do you think by that they meant that they are deciding if the two need to be together?
P.S.Gaile, i dont know where you got this info of course but it seems’ as likely as anything else that someone told you something and then changed there mind, so i was wondering if other people you work with understand how the community gets when they receive false information from our lord and saviour arenanet?

And bugs happen. I highly doubt enough people changed their mind last minute enough to change the reset times without time to tell anyone.