Guild Missions?

Guild Missions?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

So, with PoF set and ready to launch, I’m going to ask the same question I asked with the last expansion, and several dozen times since:

Any chance we will see new PVE guild missions?

And, as a reminder again, this is something the dev team was supposedly working on and excited to see just after HOT launch: https://youtu.be/W1WBYEfJVb4?t=336

Guild Missions?

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

Don’t know if this will help or not, it is more recent than that Youtube video tho:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/57sndn/no_new_guild_missions_are_on_the_horizon_but/d8wlvye/

Basically 10 months ago, he wasn’t sure if they were on the roadmap or not. If there is something newer or not, I am unaware of it.

Speculating, but if they did put them back on their road map after that, it most likely won’t be until the next expansion, that they are seen. While it could be an unpopular opinion, but having guild missions as expansion content, could give it the attention people want it to have.

Guild Missions?

Blaeys.3102

Don’t know if this will help or not, it is more recent than that Youtube video tho:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/57sndn/no_new_guild_missions_are_on_the_horizon_but/d8wlvye/

Basically 10 months ago, he wasn’t sure if they were on the roadmap or not. If there is something newer or not, I am unaware of it.

Speculating, but if they did put them back on their road map after that, it most likely won’t be until the next expansion, that they are seen. While it could be an unpopular opinion, but having guild missions as expansion content, could give it the attention people want it to have.

I definitely remember that conversation.

I agree, the outlook isn’t good. It’s been close to 4.5 years since the last new guild mission. I just wish they would let us know if they are even considered part of the game any more. My guild still does them every Monday night, but part of that persistence is in hope that more are eventually coming. Knowing one way or the other would tell us we need to be looking for new things to do together.

Guild Missions?

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I agree, the outlook isn’t good. It’s been close to 4.5 years since the last new guild mission. I just wish they would let us know if they are even considered part of the game any more. My guild still does them every Monday night, but part of that persistence is in hope that more are eventually coming. Knowing one way or the other would tell us we need to be looking for new things to do together.

I am pretty sure that they are still considered part of the game. Not a developed part of the game, but a part of it none the less. (A kitteneeky I know, but it’s also a bit of a stretch to wonder if they are considered part of the game, when they are still very much a part of it).

I think the first few years of the game were them trying different things, Guild missions, 2-week release cadence, truly living world that you had to be there for or miss out on forever. Now, they seem to have settled on the content that they can/want to deliver.

Based on the phrasing of that thread with Anthony, Guild Missions were something that they were looking at as a way to add difficult group content into the game. While it was effective, they ultimately settled on raids as their method of delivering that difficult group content. Personally, I think Guild Missions would have been the better route to go, but I am ok with the raids.

If there are ever anymore released, based on their current communications policy, we most likely won’t learn about it, until it is almost ready to ship. Even less likely are they to come straight out and say that they never will again.

I understand the plight that you and your guildmates are in, and hope that you guys find the resolution that you are looking for. Unfortunately, I don’t think it is going to come from Anet.

(edited by Fatalyz.7168)

Guild Missions?

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

The game needs guild contents

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Guild Missions?

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I am pretty sure that they are still considered part of the game. Not a developed part of the game, but a part of it none the less. (A kitteneeky I know, but it’s also a bit of a stretch to wonder if they are considered part of the game, when they are still very much a part of it).

I think the first few years of the game were them trying different things, Guild missions, 2-week release cadence, truly living world that you had to be there for or miss out on forever. Now, they seem to have settled on the content that they can/want to deliver.

Based on the phrasing of that thread with Anthony, Guild Missions were something that they were looking at as a way to add difficult group content into the game. While it was effective, they ultimately settled on raids as their method of delivering that difficult group content. Personally, I think Guild Missions would have been the better route to go, but I am ok with the raids.

If there are ever anymore released, based on their current communications policy, we most likely won’t learn about it, until it is almost ready to ship. Even less likely are they to come straight out and say that they never will again.

I understand the plight that you and your guildmates are in, and hope that you guys find the resolution that you are looking for. Unfortunately, I don’t think it is going to come from Anet.

I find it weird they were trying to make guild missions ‘hard content’. Based on what exists, it seems more like ‘fun, goof around activities with a little bit of challenge’. Which is fine, and I’m down with that. I enjoy weekly missions – low stress time with my guildies.

They need to overhaul guild stuff completely anyway – it’s a complete shambles.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Guild Missions?

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

Right there with Blaeys in hoping we see more guild content in the future. CH and CV do weekly guild missions, but no new puzzles, challenges, races, and not to mention no new rewards for doing them after this many years makes it harder and harder to be motivated to continue doing them.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Guild Missions?

Blaeys.3102

Right there with Blaeys in hoping we see more guild content in the future. CH and CV do weekly guild missions, but no new puzzles, challenges, races, and not to mention no new rewards for doing them after this many years makes it harder and harder to be motivated to continue doing them.

Definitely.

We just finished our weekly CH guild missions. Had about 25 people – group seems to get a little smaller every month. Group talked pretty much most of the night about whether or not we would ever see new missions. The desire for them is out there. Just wish someone would say something.